• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Celtics want Smoove!

T21

• Premium Member

Rondo/KG for Joe/Marvin/Teague would be an early Christmas.

In the rumor it said ainge is trying to trade Kevin garnett for young studs like Josh smith.. NO where in the rumor it says anything about a rondo + someone for Josh Smith trade. It is clear that they are just trying to trade old pieces for young ones...

They are only trading rondo for a potential all star level PG they can build around like a stephen curry,

• Premium Member
In the rumor it said ainge is trying to trade Kevin garnett for young studs like Josh smith.. NO where in the rumor it says anything about a rondo + someone for Josh Smith trade. It is clear that they are just trying to trade old pieces for young ones... They are only trading rondo for a potential all star level PG they can build around like a stephen curry,

Celtics desperately need athleticism and rebounding so the only Hawks players on the radar are probably Teague, Josh and Horford. Dumping Joe for KG's expiring is just wishful thinking on my part.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

If its Josh and Marvin for KG and two 1st round picks, that puts us in rebuilding mode. Two all stars in JJ and Horford to build around with three 1st round picks in a good draft. Would give us a chance to tank into the lottery also.

Would rather have Rondo but this may work also.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

The only way I'd move Josh to Boston is if Rondo is coming back and we're just matching salary to make a deal work. Under no circumstance would I trade Josh in his prime for a washed up 35 year old straight up.

• Moderators

If its Josh and Marvin for KG and two 1st round picks, that puts us in rebuilding mode. Two all stars in JJ and Horford to build around with three 1st round picks in a good draft. Would give us a chance to tank into the lottery also.

Would rather have Rondo but this may work also.

So then KG gets bought out and goes to Miami?

I like how Ainge thinks he'll trade KG for a a bunch of young studs. I think the days or the Celtics pulling those kind of crap deals are over. Oh wait, I jinxed it.

They my want Smoove but we should not deal him. We need to trade JJ. His contract is bad and he is struggling lately.

JJ is out again tonight and I doubt that anyone will trade for him with his contract, his down year, as well as being injured.

In the rumor it said ainge is trying to trade Kevin garnett for young studs like Josh smith.. NO where in the rumor it says anything about a rondo + someone for Josh Smith trade. It is clear that they are just trying to trade old pieces for young ones...

They are only trading rondo for a potential all star level PG they can build around like a stephen curry,

I also don't see them moving Rondo in a deal with us, plus I have a feeling that they want to pair Rondo and Smith together.

• Admin

The only way I'd move Josh to Boston is if Rondo is coming back and we're just matching salary to make a deal work. Under no circumstance would I trade Josh in his prime for a washed up 35 year old straight up.

Garnet is playing well right now and the KEY is that he comes off the books (21 million).

JJ is out again tonight and I doubt that anyone will trade for him with his contract, his down year, as well as being injured.

I also don't see them moving Rondo in a deal with us, plus I have a feeling that they want to pair Rondo and Smith together.

Just imagine how bad the spacing would be with them on the floor :rofl:

Edited by yungsta

What do y'all think of this possible 3-way trade? This gets the Celtics the player(s) they want in Smith and Beasley and Minnesota gets a quality team player to replace Beasley in Marvin while the Hawks get KG and a 1st round pick from the Celtics.

post-5-0-76728000-1330715142_thumb.png

We'd have two 1st round picks next year in a deep draft plus enough cap room to go after Dwight. You could plug just about anyone who can knock down a 3 into the lineup at SF and have a good team!

Teague

JJ

SF

Horford

Howard

I know I'm dreaming but surely Dwight would have to consider playing at home with that group.

What do y'all think of this possible 3-way trade? This gets the Celtics the player(s) they want in Smith and Beasley and Minnesota gets a quality team player to replace Beasley in Marvin while the Hawks get KG and a 1st round pick from the Celtics.

We'd have two 1st round picks next year in a deep draft plus enough cap room to go after Dwight. You could plug just about anyone who can knock down a 3 into the lineup at SF and have a good team!

Teague

JJ

SF

Horford

Howard

I know I'm dreaming but surely Dwight would have to consider playing at home with that group.

As long as KG isnt a part of our future, I'm fine with it.

Teague

JJ

SF

Horford

Howard

Dolf, please post any trade ideas in the appropriate Trade Ideas forum. smile.png

• Premium Member

Garnet is playing well right now and the KEY is that he comes off the books (21 million).

And your point is....?

KG is washed up and absolutely would not resign here. There is no reason to dump Josh for an expiring contract unless we got back three lottery picks for him. There is no one the A$G would spend money on to replace that 21 million. We literally would be giving away our most talented player for half a year of an old man who won't be back. Those are the kind of trades you make the computer accept in 2K games not in reality.