• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Celtics want Smoove!

T21

hahaha...sorry, but i couldn't resist messing with ya.

I don't mind at all ... good thing about being me is that the rules don't apply! king.gif j/k of course and for those who are curious it's perfectly fine to discuss rumored trades or variations of them within the rumor thread.

Clearing cap this year makes good sense. Getting an extra pick this year, makes good sense. Using Smith and Marvin go achieve these goals, makes good sense.

Therefore NONE of this will happen because we have the senseless ASG crazy.gifrunning the show.

Rondo and Green for Smoove and Teague. Get it done!

So then KG gets bought out and goes to Miami?

I like how Ainge thinks he'll trade KG for a a bunch of young studs. I think the days or the Celtics pulling those kind of crap deals are over. Oh wait, I jinxed it.

21 million cleared next year and a couple of 1st round picks in a deep draft is very valuable man. Josh is not and never will be the kind of player that puts a team over or takes a team to the top, With his crap attitude, he is barely and I mean just barely a starter. A PF that cannot play inside, I am so sick of watching him play it is not funny.

Rondo and Green for Smoove and Teague. Get it done!

This is by far the best I have seen...........Sund would do that in a second but I'm not sure Ainge would.

The only way we get Rondo is to give the Celtics a young PG back like Teague but I don't see Ainge doing that.

I agree Ainge wants Rondo and Smith playing together with shooters around them but they have nothing to offer other then Rondo.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

And your point is....?

KG is washed up and absolutely would not resign here. There is no reason to dump Josh for an expiring contract unless we got back three lottery picks for him. There is no one the A$G would spend money on to replace that 21 million. We literally would be giving away our most talented player for half a year of an old man who won't be back. Those are the kind of trades you make the computer accept in 2K games not in reality.

Not to break in here, but we are not going to get a top player for Josh Smith. Everybody around the league knows what we know about him, Talented but a headcase and not work spending big bucks to get him. Memphis has breathed a sigh of relief now since they know they could have been stuck with him. The only way Josh becomes successful is if he is with a superstar like lebron or Kobe who would tell him to STFU!

You guys have Smoove waaay overated!

• Premium Member
Not to break in here, but we are not going to get a top player for Josh Smith. Everybody around the league knows what we know about him, Talented but a headcase and not work spending big bucks to get him. Memphis has breathed a sigh of relief now since they know they could have been stuck with him. The only way Josh becomes successful is if he is with a superstar like lebron or Kobe who would tell him to STFU! You guys have Smoove waaay overated!

he's one of the most talented players in the NBA. Overrate??? We underrate. Why do NBA GMs see this but we don't?

Why is the guy always being talked about? It's not about the Hawks wanting him gone. It's mostly about other GM coveting him.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

If you could move Marvin and Josh for KG you don't even think twice about it.

I agree......lets burn those contracts and start fresh...........Its puts the Hawks at $20 mill under the cap next year as well. We could finally go after the big fish when they become available (not fake big fish like Joe Johnson).

No way Ainge trades Rodo for Smith so that talk is just a waiste of time.

he's one of the most talented players in the NBA. Overrate??? We underrate. Why do NBA GMs see this but we don't?

Why is the guy always being talked about? It's not about the Hawks wanting him gone. It's mostly about other GM coveting him.

You are far from reality here. No NBA GM has targeted Josh Smith with a trade we can't refuse. Heck, when he was a FA none of the GMs for playoff teams targeted him. He waited for a month, while all the other good FAs quickly signed contracts,......... finally a bad Grizzlies team threw him an offer which we matched.

Coaches never put Josh Smith on the allstar team b/c they do not value him as an allstar. NBA coaches respect Iggy and Deng more so then Smith and that is the reality of the situation regarding how Josh Smith is valued around the league.

Plus ever time Josh in the rumor mills for trades its b/c the Hawks want him gone..........like the Woody wars, fans booing causing Josh asking for a trade last of season.

Edited by coachx

This is by far the best I have seen...........Sund would do that in a second but I'm not sure Ainge would.

The only way we get Rondo is to give the Celtics a young PG back like Teague but I don't see Ainge doing that.

I agree Ainge wants Rondo and Smith playing together with shooters around them but they have nothing to offer other then Rondo.

Sadly Green is no longer a member of Boston because of health.:-(

Not to break in here, but we are not going to get a top player for Josh Smith. Everybody around the league knows what we know about him, Talented but a headcase and not work spending big bucks to get him. Memphis has breathed a sigh of relief now since they know they could have been stuck with him. The only way Josh becomes successful is if he is with a superstar like lebron or Kobe who would tell him to STFU!

You guys have Smoove waaay overated!

If Smoove is in the right situation, he could become a better player... In other words, he would respect coaching authority, veteran teammates, and most importantly gain understanding of what he needs to do on the court to make himself more effective and reliable.

P.S. What you've said about Smoove, could be also said about Rondo... others around the League are also questioning Rondo's trade value for exactly same reasons that you've mentioned. They just play different positions...

Edited by T21

Rondo is a headcase but I still want him. Smith actually is better to coaches than Rondo is but Rondo is better when in the game. Rondo just needs a change and that's Atlanta.

Do it. Call me crazy, but a lineup of Tmac, JJ, and KG on the floor for a few minutes night would be good.

So you want the big 3 knock knees. Ainge wants to pair Josh and Rondo. Everthing comes full circle. KG would be our Danny Manning, book it.

• Premium Member

What would be so great about a Josh and Rondo duo? I get Rondo is great. But imagine his fustration when Josh starts getting in his way by trying to bring the ball up the floor to make bad passes as he does to all point guards. Rondo would be livid.

So you want the big 3 knock knees. Ainge wants to pair Josh and Rondo. Everthing comes full circle. KG would be our Danny Manning, book it.

In order for KG to be Danny Manning, Josh would have to be comparable to Nique. Sorry, but Josh ain't even close.

This is not about getting KG. It's about getting Rondo. If we can't get Rondo, then it's about getting cap room. If we get KG for Marvin and Josh. We have succeeded because we cleared cap room and can begin to rebuild. I would imagine we would at least get draft picks as well. Don't care one way or another about KG clear the cap room, thats 21 million coming off the books at the end of this year. Thats wonderful.

• Like 1

Yes I remember that. Back when he was a free agent teams were lining up to work out SNTs so they could give him a max deal. How the heck could I forget that? Maybe because it did not happen.

• Like 1

Rondo is a headcase but I still want him. Smith actually is better to coaches than Rondo is but Rondo is better when in the game. Rondo just needs a change and that's Atlanta.

Really? You think he's a headcase now, imagine Rondo here under basically no coaching. IF this deal happened, KG would basically be coaching our team. What a disaster this would end up being.