• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Celtics want Smoove!

T21

• Premium Member

Not to break in here, but we are not going to get a top player for Josh Smith. Everybody around the league knows what we know about him, Talented but a headcase and not work spending big bucks to get him.

That being the case, why would we trade him? I don't want to trade Smoove for Trevor Ariza. We'd be stupid to go with the market. Like it or not, Smoove is still the guy who is a game changer here.

• Premium Member
What would be so great about a Josh and Rondo duo? I get Rondo is great. But imagine his fustration when Josh starts getting in his way by trying to bring the ball up the floor to make bad passes as he does to all point guards. Rondo would be livid. In order for KG to be Danny Manning, Josh would have to be comparable to Nique. Sorry, but Josh ain't even close.

That's just it. Josh wouldn't do that with Rondo. Rondo demands respect and Josh would give it. You forget that they played together at Oak Hill.

• Premium Member

That's just it. Josh wouldn't do that with Rondo. Rondo demands respect and Josh would give it. You forget that they played together at Oak Hill.

I wouldn't assume that just based off the fact they played together. Josh is who he is.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't assume that just based off the fact they played together. Josh is who he is.

If you have watched Josh over the years, you will note that he pays attention to certain PGs.

I think Rondo got enough bark in him to keep Smoove straight. I still hate that Josh couldn't be an allstar and LEARN something.

Well to be fair - if this were going to happen - we would get screwed. Ainge would out think our management easily.

Boston knows Smoove is not a cornerstone - but they have money and can pull all sorts of stuff. They could give up an expiring contract to get Smoove (still young and fun to watch) and get past their "closing window".

The only way I see our management doing it would be if they are going to blow the team up .

• Premium Member

If you have watched Josh over the years, you will note that he pays attention to certain PGs.

I think Rondo got enough bark in him to keep Smoove straight. I still hate that Josh couldn't be an allstar and LEARN something.

Sorry D, but I don't think Josh is going to change for anyone after seven years. He is who he is. And truth be told, it shouldn't take the "perfect coach" or the "right point guard" to convince your so called star player to play the right way and not so inefficient after seven years. Players like that don't lead you to titles.

Edited by Jody23

Guest Walter

I either JUST want Rondo or I want ALL three. Imagine. JJ, JS, MW, and Teague for Rondo, Garnett, and Allen. We both COULD make a run if Horford comes back this post-season and we could make a legitimate run at Howard this off-season with Hinrich, Garnett, and Allen coming off the books. That's $40 million in salary coming off the books! JJ and MW off the books! We could legitimately afford to sign Howard AND another top FA.

We would have ONLY $28 million commited to Horford, Rondo, and ZaZa. Those would be the ONLY 3 players on the books. We could remake this team in 1 to 2 off-seasons with a good, reasonably priced core. Imagine Howard and our taking a chance on a RFA like Gallinari (max) or Mayo (not max but over mid level) while resigning Garnett or signing Ersan illyasova (Unrestricted FA) to the mid level EX.

Howard/Horford/ZaZa

Horford/Garnett or Ersan/Ivan

1st rd pick, low budget FA?

Mayo (we would need points)

Rondo

We could opt not to resign Garnett and spend that money at Sf.

W

I either JUST want Rondo or I want ALL three. Imagine. JJ, JS, MW, and Teague for Rondo, Garnett, and Allen. We both COULD make a run if Horford comes back this post-season and we could make a legitimate run at Howard this off-season with Hinrich, Garnett, and Allen coming off the books. That's $40 million in salary coming off the books! JJ and MW off the books! We could legitimately afford to sign Howard AND another top FA.

We would have ONLY $28 million commited to Horford, Rondo, and ZaZa. Those would be the ONLY 3 players on the books. We could remake this team in 1 to 2 off-seasons with a good, reasonably priced core. Imagine Howard and our taking a chance on a RFA like Gallinari (max) or Mayo (not max but over mid level) while resigning Garnett or signing Ersan illyasova (Unrestricted FA) to the mid level EX.

Howard/Horford/ZaZa

Horford/Garnett or Ersan/Ivan

1st rd pick, low budget FA?

Mayo (we would need points)

Rondo

We could opt not to resign Garnett and spend that money at Sf.

W

that would be awesome, but why in the world would boston want to do it? j o'neal, smoove, pp, jj, teague? plus all that cap hold? puke. unless isiah thomas suddenly became their gm, then this is a pipe dream, a crack pipe dream.

No one is trading for Joe.

• Premium Member

Just read this on a Laker page....

Orlando making moves: Magic will acquire Josh Smith for Jameer Nelson, Ryan Anderson and others...

ATL:

F Ryan Anderson

G Jameer Nelson

C Daniel Orton

C Brendon Haywood

G R. Beabois

ORL:

F Josh Smith

G Kirk Hinrich

DAL:

F Marvin Williams

Somebody's getting cut?

Orlando making moves: Magic will acquire Josh Smith for Jameer Nelson, Ryan Anderson and others...

ATL:

F Ryan Anderson

G Jameer Nelson

C Daniel Orton

C Brendon Haywood

G R. Beabois

ORL:

F Josh Smith

G Kirk Hinrich

DAL:

F Marvin Williams

Somebody's getting cut?

lol that trade doesnt make sense for dallas y would they give up roddy B and their only true starting center on the team for marv williams

ATL:

F Ryan Anderson

G Jameer Nelson

C Daniel Orton

C Brendon Haywood

G R. Beabois

ORL:

F Josh Smith

G Kirk Hinrich

DAL:

F Marvin Williams

Somebody's getting cut?

ATL:

F Ryan Anderson

G Jameer Nelson

C Daniel Orton

C Brendon Haywood

G R. Beabois

ORL:

F Josh Smith

G Kirk Hinrich

DAL:

F Marvin Williams

Somebody's getting cut?

I see what you're looking at lol. The post is from June of 2011 so it was just a rumor from last summer.

ATL:

F Ryan Anderson

G Jameer Nelson

C Daniel Orton

C Brendon Haywood

G R. Beabois

ORL:

F Josh Smith

G Kirk Hinrich

DAL:

F Marvin Williams

Somebody's getting cut?

I will loose my head if this deal is made. Horrible we are getting hosed. Jameer isn't anything spectacular and Ryan Anderson is a joke.

Guest Walter

that would be awesome, but why in the world would boston want to do it? j o'neal, smoove, pp, jj, teague with MW in the mix also? plus all that cap hold? puke. unless isiah thomas suddenly became their gm, then this is a pipe dream, a crack pipe dream.

I think aside from being a large deal and therefore improbable that otherwise it is comperable talent for expiring. If Boston thinks Paul Pierce has 2 more top years then they might do this. I guess the main point is this. Rondo alone, all three, or no go.

W