• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hoopshype Twitter updates - Nets and Bucks still trying, Wizards out

Admin

There's also a third issue that concerns league executives: How will Smith impact the locker room? The Hawks suspended and fined Smith earlier this season for "conduct detrimental to the team." Brooklyn's offer: MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries and a first-rounder for Smith, a person familiar with the proposed deal told USA TODAY Sports. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because of fluid negotiations. USA Today Sports

Whatever interest the Wizards had in Smith has disappeared, and Washington is not willing to give up any of the players Atlanta seeks for Smith, a person familiar with talks between the two teams told USA TODAY Sports. The person requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak public about trade talks. USA Today Sports

The Bucks are considering putting Monta Ellis in a deal for Smith. There is some concern that Ellis will opt out of the final year of his $11 million deal and go where he wants in free agency. But, that's serious money to walk away from, and it's unlikely Ellis walks away from that for a long term deal. Ellis, 27, can collect $11 million next season, and still get the similar long-term deal starting with the 2014-15 season. USA Today Sports

• Premium Member

If NJ and Mil are the only two choices, just keep Smith and let him walk in the summer. Those trades are garbage for the Hawks.

I'm with that. Just let him walk because I don't want to see him re-upped for any more than Horford is getting.
  • Like 2

Agree.

I'm with that. Just let him walk because I don't want to see him re-upped for any more than Horford is getting.

I have no problem resigning Smith for 5 years at $60 mill (exact same deal Horford got). That would increase Smith's trade value down the road as well.

Now if Houston or Dallas throw him a 4 year deal worth $60 mill then good for Smith and his family.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Most knew and I said a couple of years ago that Josh does not have a lot of value, and added to that at the trade deadline is the possibility he walks from the new team this summer.

Marshon Brooks and that deal is probably the best the Hawks can get, imo.

The problem would be that it is lottery protected, I believe

Doubt that that would be an issue. If they have Wall, Beal, Nene and lotto picks off the table then there simply is nothing worth discussing. I can understand top-2/3 protection but at the minimum the Wizards would receive an expiring for one of their bad contracts so there has to be some incentive on their part beyond their failed picks and bad contracts to warrant a discussion.

The thing here is that a pick outside of top 3 in this draft isn't worth much. The Hawks could probably find a comparable player with their low 20s pick at half the cost.

Edited by MaceCase

Would be awesome if we could get Brooks from New Jersey and Sanders from Milwaukee. Obviously it would be difficult to make this happen and definitely we would need to give up more than just Josh.