• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ hate

arhawkfan

22/4/5 is not all that impressive given Joe's role and all.

Dwayne Wade 2012 Playoff Stats... PPG: 22 RPG: 3 APG: 3.5And I think we can all agree that Wade is the superior player.Since I know it's coming because someone will say yeah but Wade has to share the load with Lebron...Lebron 2012 Playoff Stats... PPG: 25.5 RPG: 5.5 APG: 6Smoove 2012 Playoff Stats... PPG: 22 RPG: 18 APG: 4Point being that while JJ sucked in game 1, he was pretty damned good in game 2, certainly good enough to win if we had enough support from the rest of the team.

Dwayne Wade 2012 Playoff Stats... PPG: 22 RPG: 3 APG: 3.5And I think we can all agree that Wade is the superior player.Since I know it's coming because someone will say yeah but Wade has to share the load with Lebron...Lebron 2012 Playoff Stats... PPG: 25.5 RPG: 5.5 APG: 6Smoove 2012 Playoff Stats... PPG: 22 RPG: 18 APG: 4Point being that while JJ sucked in game 1, he was pretty damned good in game 2, certainly good enough to win if we had enough support from the rest of the team.

Where was Josh in the 2nd half before he got "hurt"? Nowhere to be found.Wade is Miami's second option right now. Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

See....he had good shooting on low attempts so you're satisfied with him picking his spots within the flow of the offense up until the moment demands it and then....what did he do? Pierce had 26 attempts to go along with 13 FTs so we can just place him at around 30 attempts for Boston to win. Joe? No, preserve that precious field goal percentage rather than force the defense to adjust to him all game, that there is just asking too much of a 6 time all star in a crucial playoff game.

Way to be unfair. Everybody knows when the ball arrives at Josh's hands it has only two or three possible destinations: the rim, the backboard, and a few times, the net.

Joe eclispsed his regular season averages in a playoff game so that's enough for me. Better than I thought he'd be capable of. And 6 free throw attempts for Joe is amazing. What y'all expect, 14 rebounds, 13 free throw attempts, and putting his team on his back? This ain't the Nets we're playing, and Joe ain't no PP. Given his aptitude, he played very well. Game's over, at least 3 more to go. Well get em Friday.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

Joe had a good game. Blaming him because 2/3 of our starting front court are now injured is illogical. Yes, Joe could have done a better job on Pierce but you have to give other players their due as well. Pierce was flat out making big shots. He's made a career of doing that in case you missed the previous 14 years of his career.

This is true. On top of this, a lot of Pierce points came against Marvin.

This is true. On top of this, a lot of Pierce points came against Marvin.

Yup, when he started the first quarter with 13 points with Marvin on the bench you just knew this excuse was coming. When Marvin spent the rest of his 20 minutes playing at Power Forward you just knew this excuse was coming. Anything to protect Joe's "solid" game and pour more on the resident scapegoat. Who else can we blame for guarding Pierce that wasn't Joe? Oh yea, Kirk was there, TMac was there I'm sure Smoove got switched out to Pierce a few times and then I'm sure there were transition opportunities so all in all he maybe got 6 points total if that on Joe and I'm sure they were the toughest 6 points he had all night! No wonder he felt the need to "Tebow" after draining a 3 on Joe, he was thankful for the blessing of getting a shot off at last against his defense.

The board isn't even fun to read anymore...Blaming a guy with 22 pts, 4 rbds, 5 assists, and 3 steals is so dumb.Look at the other stats : the fg% of the team ( close to 35 %), the bench production, Larry Drew 's substitution patterns...Be smart

• Like 1

See....he had good shooting on low attempts so you're satisfied with him picking his spots within the flow of the offense up until the moment demands it and then....what did he do? Pierce had 26 attempts to go along with 13 FTs so we can just place him at around 30 attempts for Boston to win. Joe? No, preserve that precious field goal percentage rather than force the defense to adjust to him all game, that there is just asking too much of a 6 time all star in a crucial playoff game.

You really cannot blame JJ for this one. Teague shot .333 and Josh shot .400. JJ did his part while our two other PLAYERS did nothing offensively. Live by the jumper and we die every season by the jumper.Big time players step up big. PP, as much as I do not like him, is a big time player. Our best three are struggling with Josh leading the pack in that regard and JJ and Teague not far behind. I was really hoping, and still am, that Teague steps it up big because I have already loss faith in Smoove ever shooting over .425 in a playoff series and JJ is up and down from game to game with his consistency. Teague is it man, he is the only one left that may have the heart of a champion with Horford being out.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I think it's an unfair assessment on Joe. He did play Good. Down the stretch it was Joe doing what he could to get to the line. Joe playing semi inside. Our loss came when Collins went out.Actually, when LD subed all three of our big three at the same time.

Paul Pierce was a NBA superstar at one point of his career. Joe has always been an All Star level #2 option. When he was truly a #1 option, we were horrible.

• Premium Member

Paul Pierce was a NBA superstar at one point of his career. Joe has always been an All Star level #2 option. When he was truly a #1 option, we were horrible.

Paul Pierce and Joe are the same guy.Pierce has had the luxury of playing with KG, Ray Allen, and Rondo. Are you kidding me?How soon do all the nut huggers forget the Antoine Walker and the Al Jefferson years?

• Premium Member

Sometimes JJ makes hating JJ too easy. I knew he had no chance of hitting both free throws in the 4th. Dude has and will always have a bad case of the yips. Sure that was not the reason the Hawks loss, but it just highlighted JJ coming up short when it matters most.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Paul Pierce and Joe are the same guy.Pierce has had the luxury of playing with KG, Ray Allen, and Rondo. Are you kidding me?How soon do all the nut huggers forget the Antoine Walker and the Al Jefferson years?

Nut huggers? You've got a pretty firm and warm embrace of Joe's scrotum yourself with your strident defense of all he's lacked in meeting expectations from the majority of Hawk's fans.

• Premium Member

Nut huggers? You've got a pretty firm and warm embrace of Joe's scrotum yourself with your strident defense of all he's lacked in meeting expectations from the majority of Hawk's fans.

The majority of Hawks fans didn't start disliking Joe until he signed the contract. Right or Wrong?Excuse me if I don't confuse what goes on on the floor with what goes on with ASG.The day Joe signed the contract, it was then that for some Hawks fans he had become a 2nd tier guy? A less than Paul Pierce guy? Cmon, Pierce plays well because he has a great coach and a great cast. I have been watching this game a while. When Pierce had Al Jefferson and the rest of those goons, Pierce and the Celtics couldn't do S---. Go back to 2007 my friend... Better yet go back to the Antoine Walker years. What did the Cs do? The Cs built a megateam with Allen, KG, and Pierce.. Three guys in the same boat.. very good but not good enough to elevate a team by themselves.Guess what. Joe is just like Pierce. He's very good but not good enough to elevate a team by himself.We are in the freakin desert. You know what happens when you get in the desert... everything looks refreshing. We trying to find refreshment in the lowest BBIQ in the league. We're trying to find refreshment in a draft bust making 8 million dollars who don't do s--- when the game matters. We're trying to find refreshment in a high post Big man who has no goto move in the post. We're trying to find refreshment in a young PG who was a 1;1 A/TO guy in college.Give us Doc Rivers instead of the cheapest coach in the game.Give us a 7 footer who can play inside and outside.Give us Rondo.Do I like joe? Yeah I like Joe. I like what Joe brings on the court. Do I criticize Joe.. yeah I criticize Joe. Joe could do a lot more. Do I still applaud Joe. yeah, i still applaud Joe because even with our inadequacies, we're still a top 8 team in this league. As we saw this season, that's not because of Horford.
  • Like 1

The majority of Hawks fans didn't start disliking Joe until he signed the contract. Right or Wrong?

I can go back and find you countless Joe hate posts from before he signed his contract and I'd venture to say that by and large the same number that hated him then still hate him now and vice versa for the people that liked Joe.

• Premium Member

I can go back and find you countless Joe hate posts from before he signed his contract and I'd venture to say that by and large the same number that hated him then still hate him now and vice versa for the people that liked Joe.

Let me revisit...when Joe said "I hate yall too" to the fans... or something like that.

• Premium Member

The majority of Hawks fans didn't start disliking Joe until he signed the contract. Right or Wrong?Excuse me if I don't confuse what goes on on the floor with what goes on with ASG.The day Joe signed the contract, it was then that for some Hawks fans he had become a 2nd tier guy? A less than Paul Pierce guy? Cmon, Pierce plays well because he has a great coach and a great cast. I have been watching this game a while. When Pierce had Al Jefferson and the rest of those goons, Pierce and the Celtics couldn't do S---. Go back to 2007 my friend... Better yet go back to the Antoine Walker years. What did the Cs do? The Cs built a megateam with Allen, KG, and Pierce.. Three guys in the same boat.. very good but not good enough to elevate a team by themselves.Guess what. Joe is just like Pierce. He's very good but not good enough to elevate a team by himself.We are in the freakin desert. You know what happens when you get in the desert... everything looks refreshing. We trying to find refreshment in the lowest BBIQ in the league. We're trying to find refreshment in a draft bust making 8 million dollars who don't do s--- when the game matters. We're trying to find refreshment in a high post Big man who has no goto move in the post. We're trying to find refreshment in a young PG who was a 1;1 A/TO guy in college.Give us Doc Rivers instead of the cheapest coach in the game.Give us a 7 footer who can play inside and outside.Give us Rondo.Do I like joe? Yeah I like Joe. I like what Joe brings on the court. Do I criticize Joe.. yeah I criticize Joe. Joe could do a lot more. Do I still applaud Joe. yeah, i still applaud Joe because even with our inadequacies, we're still a top 8 team in this league. As we saw this season, that's not because of Horford.

This is the best post I've ever seen you post on this site. I can't "like" it enough.