• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Larry Drew's Option Picked up

APE

Yup, pretty much shows that Gearon Jr is the actual GM of the team.

Ditto, so we still no trades, vet mins, another first round KO and more excuses. They wonder why they get roasted by everybody and why fans leave this team,

• Premium Member

Yup, pretty much shows that Gearon Jr is the actual GM of the team.

agree. Now way a lame duck GM made this call. Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

Drew is a good coach. I think the organization could benefit from a more dynamic personality at coach but I dont' have any beefs with the job he has done and hiring someone else who in our price range would be an unknown could be disasterous.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Posted Image ... sell. this. team. even if it means they will be moved out of town. I love my Hawks, but this ownership group is frustrating the hell out of me...

Selling the team is the top priority after keeping them in Atlanta.

The ASG are terrible and need to go for sure but you don't want the Hawks becoming the new Thrashers.

This dooms Josh Smith for me. Drew's biggest failing has been the failure to get Josh to buy-in to an offensive structure that maximizes his assets and minimizes his weaknesses. With media reports claiming Josh wants to leave combined with comments like the praise of Boston fans, Drew coming back means another year of status quo which means that Josh will probably not push himself to the next level as a player (a legit star and no-brainer All-Star). You now have to explore your trade options heavily this summer.

This saddens me.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Selling the team is the top priority after keeping them in Atlanta.The ASG are terrible and need to go for sure but you don't want the Hawks becoming the new Thrashers. This dooms Josh Smith for me. Drew's biggest failing has been the failure to get Josh to buy-in to an offensive structure that maximizes his assets and minimizes his weaknesses. With media reports claiming Josh wants to leave combined with comments like the praise of Boston fans, Drew coming back means another year of status quo which means that Josh will probably not push himself to the next level as a player (a legit star and no-brainer All-Star). You now have to explore your trade options heavily this summer.This saddens me.

Sad but true. A new coach was my last hope for this team and for Smoove. I hate to single Josh out, but I really wanted to see him under a new coach on THIS team before he gets shipped out of town. I think a good coach would have done wonders for his game. Speaking of the team in general, I'm tired of the poor halfcourt execution and poor shots. I'm tired of the lack of discipline. I'm a diehard Hawks fan, but the fact is the Hawks can be borderline unwatchable at times. It hurts watching teams execute offensive plays like clockwork on a regular basis while the Hawks look like they don't know what the heck is going on out there. This was a chance to get a fresh perspective in here that I feel was/is very much needed. With that said, Drew did an admirable job this season when you consider all of the injuries.

My beef with LD has less to do with Xs and Os and more to do with his inability to inspire this group.

And his sub patterns, how he never sticks up for his team against the refs, and most importantly being Josh Smith's [edited - do not try to bypass the profanity filter]
  • Like 1

LD did a pretty good job this year considering all of the injuries. It's hard to say he didn't earn having his option picked up so I can't fault them for this. I'd like to see them make some personnel changes and see what LD can do with that. And he's still growing as a head coach so hopefully he will get better at some of his faults. I also think it says a lot about him that Portland were interested and glad we won't see him winning games there and feeling remorse. As to who's decision this is I'm certain Sund was behind it or at least in favor of it as he's a hard working guy and I believe he's still under contract for another month.

• Like 1

No Jerry Sloan.

Okay I finally calm down after my little rantI have no problem with Coach Drew, we all have to remember that he never had a head coach gig before this and there is alot of things he has to get better from like stand up for your players, better sub packages, knowing when to call TO and other things.But this does tell me one thing. There is no doublt in our mind and I think many(or maybe all) Atlanta Hawks fans can agreed to, that Atlanta Spirit Group needs to sell this team right now, because its getting to a point that many people is going to give up on this team regrads how good they were or how many times they went to the playoff, and etc, etc, etc. To me, they dont care about bring a NBA Title to Atlanta, they just worry about how much money they get at the end. As a fan of this team, its pains me so much about it. To me, i dont think that ASG is looking out for fans anymore, look at that "statement" by Rick Sund. This team, the fans, Atlanta, and the whole state of Georgia deserve alot better then these guys. Worst thing about it, they get on this shows and radio and complain that the Hawks get lack of attention for local and national media while fans doesnt want to come out. This is one of the reason. ASG needs to be sold to a person or a team that is willing to bring a NBA Championship to Atlanta.

• Premium Member

My beef with LD has less to do with Xs and Os and more to do with his inability to inspire this group.

This.This actually makes sense if they're planning to blow the team up and start from scratch this summer. Al will respond to him and the young guns may tune in where Josh and JJ tune him out. We wouldn't be getting a decent coach with a rebuilding team anyway.If the front office is just planning on making another run with the current group, though, then keeping him is just another piece in the krazy puzzle. Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

This.This actually makes sense if they're planning to blow the team up and start from scratch this summer. Al will respond to him and the young guns may tune in where Josh and JJ tune him out. We wouldn't be getting a decent coach with a rebuilding team anyway.If the front office is just planning on making another run with the current group, though, then keeping him is just another piece in the krazy puzzle.

I have to agreed with this, if they were going to bring him back, then the roster would be changed with only Al, Teague and one other as leftovers but it doesnt make any sense to bring him back with the current core we got. Also I read that Peachtree that its weird that Drew contact was pick up but Sund decision if he want to stay or go somewhere else. To me that is the weird thing every.

• Premium Member

If you bring Drew back, there's really no way the ASG can justify keeping the exact same team in place and wanting the fans to renew season tickets or buy tickets. IMO, you have to make changes to the roster.

I cannot bash this but hoping it is a sign that Josh is on his way out. I do not buy 100% into Josh's shooting woes as a LD problem. The two coaches who spoke of Josh in a interview that was posted here both called him uncoachable.Can you imagine if LD would have benched Josh this season. No Josh, no Horford, here we go ping pong balls!