• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks insist Marshon Brooks included per ESPN

NJHAWK

I think with Brooks, maybe he could turn into a really good 6th man. He is only 6 feet and he doesn't appear to have great playmaking skills and he is far too short to play SG. So, at best you're probably looking at a quality 6th man. Maybe.

He's listed at 6'5"

Just a few numbers to throw out there:He had a TS% of .502 which places him somewhere between Josh and TMaceFG% of .465 somewhere between Josh and StackPER of 12.9 is somewhere between Vlad and TmacWS/48 of .022, way under the league averageoRTG of 98, between stack and kirk.The only place he's really near the top for his team is in Usage.Just something to think about.

Just a few numbers to throw out there:He had a TS% of .502 which places him somewhere between Josh and TMaceFG% of .465 somewhere between Josh and StackPER of 12.9 is somewhere between Vlad and TmacWS/48 of .022, way under the league averageoRTG of 98, between stack and kirk.The only place he's really near the top for his team is in Usage.Just something to think about.

Brooks had some strong metrics in college that should translate in the right role.

These numbers are basically the same as JJ in his rookie year, if not a little better. Plus he is 23 and Joe is 31. TBH, I would be okay with getting nothing in return if it meant we were rid of Joe's contract. Anything else, particularly a local kid with a little bit of potential, is icing on the cake. It's a no-brainer. Edited by atlbraves93

• Premium Member

These numbers are basically the same as JJ in his rookie year, if not a little better. Plus he is 23 and Joe is 31. TBH, I would be okay with getting nothing in return if it meant we were rid of Joe's contract. Anything else, particularly a local kid with a little bit of potential, is icing on the cake. It's a no-brainer.

Agreed. We have to keep in mind that this was his Rookie season.

These numbers are basically the same as JJ in his rookie year, if not a little better.

Yeah and boston traded him during the season. Joe just ended up getting much much better. You can't expect every inefficient rookie PG to improve the way Joe has. That doesn't make any sense.

Yeah and boston traded him during the season. Joe just ended up getting much much better. You can't expect every inefficient rookie PG to improve the way Joe has. That doesn't make any sense.

The point still stands. If he turns out to be a baller, that is icing on the cake. He could be the next Tyronn Lue, I would take him if it means we get rid of JJ's contract.

If we only get Marshon Brooks for Joe, I think we will win and won't drop off any games. I know that sounds crazy but you can bank it! :-)

That sounds crazy. That sounds as crazy as my Machado would start this year over Teague statement which I ever said but it would sound that crazy if I said it.I don't see why you guys like him so much. He's like Nick Young and could potentially be Jamal. That's nothing to get happy about.

• Premium Member

If you really consider it. Let's say Orlando doesn't trade Howard. If JJ can get Deron resigned, the Nets could possibly Amnesty JJ and have 20 Million in cap room to sign say.. D-12. A Russian Billionaire can do what he wants. It's funny but if the NBAPU can get the NBA to declare Howard a FA, you may see this happen now.. or D-12 come in for a 1 yr deal with the Nets only to reup next year at a higher bid.What has me puzzled is Marshon Brooks?Really? This guy is the linchpin? Well, I think i get it.

If you really consider it. Let's say Orlando doesn't trade Howard. If JJ can get Deron resigned, the Nets could possibly Amnesty JJ and have 20 Million in cap room to sign say.. D-12. A Russian Billionaire can do what he wants. It's funny but if the NBAPU can get the NBA to declare Howard a FA, you may see this happen now.. or D-12 come in for a 1 yr deal with the Nets only to reup next year at a higher bid.What has me puzzled is Marshon Brooks?Really? This guy is the linchpin? Well, I think i get it.

Naw, Brooklyn can't amnesty a traded player.

You can't amnesty traded for players.

• Moderators

There's a reason the Nets don't want to part with him for Joe Johnson.

Probably because the Magic want Brooks... Nets want to give us garbage and then turn around and give the Magic Brooks and Lopez for Howard. Guaran-frickin-tee it.
  • Like 3

I agree. Just since we have a legit shot at a Howard trade. I would take all their assets if they want Joe. That means Brooks and Morrow.

Edited by Joker

If we trade Joe for basically nothing I don't want to hear people bitching about our team being stuck in the lottery for the next few seasons.

I promise you I won't because with Joe's contract I believe we will be first round playoff and out for the next 4 years.Joe the player, I have no problem with. Its just Joe's contract that is killing this team.