• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks extended Ivan Johnson

Joker

via Michael Cunningham.

Yes sir. Our team toughness would've declined a couple notches with him departing. Ferry clearly sees that with some refinement, he could approach a double-double in 25 minutes as a Malik Rose type. He has temper problems off the court and sometimes on, but the team seems to rally around him when he plays well like the stretch when Collins went out and he had to play heavy minutes. He'll be great next to Al, which is why I don't understand for the life of me why he didn't get more time versus a small Celtics front line in the playoffs. Anyway, glad to see the young man with some stability and a good job where the fans love him and will get the minutes needed for him to grow.

Edited by benhillboy

That is very good news! Does this mean they extended him a qualifying offer or that he has agreed on a new contract?

Qualifying Offer

I don't think so.I think he is now under contract as a Hawk next season if the report is true.Going off memory...........I think Ivan's original contract was a 2 year deal with the 2nd year being a team option for around $980 K. Ferry reportedly picked up the option year before the deadline on Sunday. Edited by coachx

Teague/FarmarMorrow/JenkinsMarvin/StevensonJosh/Ivan/Scott/WilliamsAl/Zaza/PetroThat's your 13 if that talent deflating trade goes through.

Edited by MrMeltdown

I don't think so.I think he is now under contract as a Hawk next season if the report is true.Going off memory...........I think Ivan's original contract was a 2 year deal with the 2nd year being a team option for around $980 K. Ferry reportedly picked up the option year before the deadline on Sunday.

I'm only reading that it was his QO that was extended and he wasn't on a 2 year deal it was a 1 year minimum deal, the 980K you remember is actually the amount of his QO in order to retains rights over him as a RFA.

Hopefully Morrow would not be our starting SG very long. Good bench player, but he has basically no rebounding or passing abilities.

Agreed but Jenkins is no better and where are we getting a starting SG from?