• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jamal Wants To Be A Hawk So Bad!

JohnnyCASH

I would love to have Jamal back! He could definitely start for us. He may not have the defensive ability that Joe had, but he did well here coming off the bench. I think he could start for us to be honest. He won't demand a double team, he can create his own shot, and he is clutch. I especially like him if we chose to trade for Dwight this year. I personally prefer waiting until next summer, but if we can get him on a resigned contract then I say go for it. Hell, we could trade for a starting quality SF and still pick up Jamal. We have a lot of options, but I would not close the door on him just yet.

I would love to have Jamal back! He could definitely start for us. He may not have the defensive ability that Joe had, but he did well here coming off the bench. I think he could start for us to be honest. He won't demand a double team, he can create his own shot, and he is clutch. I especially like him if we chose to trade for Dwight this year. I personally prefer waiting until next summer, but if we can get him on a resigned contract then I say go for it. Hell, we could trade for a starting quality SF and still pick up Jamal. We have a lot of options, but I would not close the door on him just yet.

a team that Jamal Crawford starts for is a lottery team sadly

a team that Jamal Crawford starts for is a lottery team sadly

That depends on the team. I get your point and you are right to an extent. If Jamal is your best option, then yes, you will be bound to the lottery. However, I think Jamal is a fine starter if he isn't the #1 option. Jamal is a huge threat, but not as the primary guy. Let him play off the ball and just kill the other team. PF/C should be our primary offensive players if the roster stays the same. Oh, and I am not saying we will win it all. We still have work to do with this roster. But, this roster does give us options and hope to take that next step.

Jamal wants to be back on the Hawks because we are the only team that allowed him to experience the playoffs so far. His game is suited to be a #1 option guy when he's on the court because of his style of play. He's great being the number one guy off the bench or for the bench because their is not that much talent coming out there after the starters on many occasions. As a starter on a team that mainly promotes Josh and Al his style may be dominant and conflicting with theirs while making them work harder on defense. He will play and be portrayed as our best player but as history has told and shown if Jamal is your best player your more than likely lottery instead of playoff bound. He dominates the ball in his own way but unlike Joe it's harder for him to hold his own on defense.

• Moderators

He's stated he wants a multi-year deal, which goes against what Ferry is trying to do in the first place. https://twitter.com/...369627685986304 He's not coming here, and we don't need him with us chucking shots anyway.

I agree "no" on a multi-year contract. For this season, it depends on what Ferry is trying to accomplish. If JC fits that, I would enjoy watching him again but his iso style of play may not fit the imprint and culture that Ferry wants to build. I can't see the Spurs ever signing him because he doesn't fit their style or culture.

I loved Jamal when he was here and was glad he had his best season by far. With that said, we win with defense. Not his forte, far from it. He may have been at his athletic peak with us, so it may be foolish to think he could pile up jumpshot fouls and free throws off his craftiness of dribble and array of scoop finishes like he did 3 years ago. Those unique plays went a long way to offsetting his defensive shortcomings. If he shoots around 30-something percent for stretches again like he did in Portland, he's beyond worthless to us with small players up and down our backcourt depth chart to start with. It's all about maximizing our two drafted studs up front by getting someone who can get them the ball easily and not putting added defensive pressure on them from backcourt players running wild.

Edited by benhillboy

That depends on the team. I get your point and you are right to an extent. If Jamal is your best option, then yes, you will be bound to the lottery. However, I think Jamal is a fine starter if he isn't the #1 option. Jamal is a huge threat, but not as the primary guy. Let him play off the ball and just kill the other team. PF/C should be our primary offensive players if the roster stays the same. Oh, and I am not saying we will win it all. We still have work to do with this roster. But, this roster does give us options and hope to take that next step.

Jamal by default is going to function as the #1 option, because he'll be the only dude on the team who can create his own shot out on the perimeter. He has never been content with simply being a catch and shoot guy. If you bring Jamal back, with Devin Harris and Teague running the point, who gets hurt in the process? - John Jenkins ( our draft pick ) - Jeff Teague ( because he'll have less touches ) Leave Jamal out on the West Coast, and go get a SF.