• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

****Dwight Howard Discussion Thread****

BusBoyIsBack

I was thinking about this issue this morning, and occuring to me that we got a good GM in Ferry that is willing to do whatever its takes to get a championship team in Atlanta. I finally realized that Dwight may not be the answer that this team is seeking. With him here, we could bring so much to this team from attendents to other stuff but then again if he did want to come here, then the team would been on his list to re-sign with in the first place. Atlanta has a better package than L.A., Houston and other places but he didnt want to be here. I had a chance to look over Spurs rosters from the last 5 - 10 years, and most of their years teams was made out of draft picks, using mid/low F/A and working with player development (D-League). You didnt see a Big F/A goes to this team and you dont see any of the FA leave from there either. I know that we need a superstar but sadly, one will never come here until they change the way this team is worked. I know that isnt the pouplar way to attract new fans and keep bring money to this team but then you can be the Lakers, who by next years time will be playing alot of money because of the new LT rules starts next year and if they dont win the championship, you can see the backlash there. I want D12 here but I am starting to think that we can do better by find another superstar or do the "Spurs" way.

Even if we do it the Spurs way we need a superstar. Tim Duncan is arguably the best Power Forward in the history of the game.
  • Like 2

ibaka isnt a center he is a power forward. outside of blocking shots and hitting a occasional jumpshot he isnt good at anything else. and some dumb gm is going to throw 10+ mil at him.We wont have a chance at harden cause last time i checked they were starting negotiation talks so no restrict free agency for him.

• Premium Member

At some point the Hawks need to realize they will never be a contender by putting together a Frankenstein. There's only 2 routes in today's NBA. You better be damn good or damn bad. Anything else is insanity.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Even if we do it the Spurs way we need a superstar. Tim Duncan is arguably the best Power Forward in the history of the game.

Absolutely, and a guy named Robinson roamed the court down there for a few years too. The spurs used that theory for success and Ferry is trying to copy. Ferry has loaded up on wing shooters, has guards that are agressive, and finally the big superstar player down low.
  • Like 1

I don't think Howard's rumors are over. This is just one of many "Fool the fans" rumors as they all have been. The media doesn't really know much about what's really going on. They have proved that for the last 2 months. They don't know who to blame for the trade not going though.... They've blamed DH12, Magic, Cavs, Bynum, back to DH12... No lets blame the Magic again. lmbo!

At some point the Hawks need to realize they will never be a contender by putting together a Frankenstein. There's only 2 routes in today's NBA. You better be damn good or damn bad. Anything else is insanity.

True!

People get all hyped about the Dwight dream and he never made even a public whisper that he wants to come here, but no-one can see how the door is wide open for us to get the 2nd best C in the NBA and just let Ferry have a pass on this because he let you have your dream.

I hear you but just like D12 hasn't said a peep about wanting to be in ATL, Bynum hasn't either. But I would do Josh for Bynum in the 3 team scenario since Orlando is not interested in Bynum.

• Premium Member

I love that some of the same "let's get rid of Joe for table scraps because his contract kept us locked in place!!!" folks are now screaming "let's go use that cap space to sign good but not great players to get us stuck in playoff purgatory all over again YAY!!!"Insane. You either have superstars to win a ring or you go find one. Settling for the Hardens of the world is exactly that: SETTLING.

Danny Ferry tried to bring Dwight home but "As the World Turns" his soap opera is now moving to where it belongs in Lakers. Hawks will have tons of cap space and really has options with Ibaka, Harden and Chris Paul all free agents next year. I'm actually still holding out hope that Teague will be something special in his second year starting and if that is the case - The Hawks could focus their attention on Ibaka and James Harden. These guys are great Team Players with star growth potential.. Pg- Teague / Harris / Lou Williams SG- Harden / Jenkins / Morrow SF- Smoove / Korver PF- Horford / Ivan The Terrible / Mike Scott C- Ibaka / Zaza

These guys aren't going to sign here either. NOBODY WANTS TO SIGN HERE BUT 2ND AND 3 RATERS. This franchise has no hope whats so ever. It can't even lure in home town players. That's how pathetic this sorry franchise is right now. lol. James Harden/ As if he is that good. Edited by Hotlanta1981

One thing I disagree with alot of other posters about, is Harden has the potential to be a superstar type player. He's still young and could be that level. I agree about not giving him max type money, but I think OKC wants to keep him around. I'm less than enamored with Ibaka. We have Ibaka already in Josh Smith. No need for redundancy. Harden would be a possible option IF we fill other, more pressing needs and have the money to spend.

I love that some of the same "let's get rid of Joe for table scraps because his contract kept us locked in place!!!" folks are now screaming "let's go use that cap space to sign good but not great players to get us stuck in playoff purgatory all over again YAY!!!" Insane. You either have superstars to win a ring or you go find one. Settling for the Hardens of the world is exactly that: SETTLING.

Your absolutely wrong. Now unless you see superstars growing on trees you do the next best thing. Build a deep complete team that is balance and has leadership and good coaching. JOE JOHNSON, is good but not a leader and Harden has enormous potential and loves to play within the team, Now we still need a floor leader..It's going to be extremely challenging to get Chris Paul so Harden/ Ibaka/ tyreke Evans are options...Maybe not Superstars but could shine bright enough in ATL to get unto the ECF