• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which new Hawk are you most excited to see play?

Sothron

Which new Hawk are you most excited to see play?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

I'm getting a little tired of talking about last year's team or Joe Johnson or Dwight Howard. Let's start talking about the team we actually know we'll have next season. Which of the new guys are you personally excited the most to see play?Personally it is Louis Williams. I always appreciate a guy that will attack the rim and draw fouls. I think if this roster doesn't change Louis will actually lead our team in scoring next season.

• Like 2

Ive flip flopped between Lou, Devon and Jenkins but since I got a nice dose of Jenkins in summer ball I guess its between Devon and Lou. Then again I also cant wait to see Morrow and Korver light it up from behind the arc. 3 years ago it would have been Deshawn since its about timke we aquire a player who isnt afraid of Lebron. Im going to vote Devon Harris because I think he work well with our new players and old ones.

• Premium Member

can't wait to see if John Jenkins' story end better than Salim Stoudamire's.

• Like 1

• Moderators

can't wait to see if John Jenkins' story end better than Salim Stoudamire's.

That worries me a little but i feel like Jenkins has a few things in his favor. He seems more mature, more of a consistent shooter rather than streaky, and better handles. We'll see.

Johan Petro personally thanks Dolfan for the pity vote.

Petro is finally ready to fulfill the potential Sund saw in him! Plus I'm excited to see him play as opposed to our plethora of non shot blocking duds we usually trot out at center off the bench.
  • Like 1

That worries me a little but i feel like Jenkins has a few things in his favor. He seems more mature, more of a consistent shooter rather than streaky, and better handles. We'll see.

Salim was an undersized chucker with attitude problems. Jenkins is a coaches dream as far as attitude goes and big enough to survive at the position.

Damn that's a lot of new guys. Fortunately, they all are in their prime except for the rookies. I know what to expect from all the vets. They all will be up and down due to career inconsistency. Of course I hope that all pull their best Flip and Crawdawg impressions and have their best seasons by far. I'm most looking forward to Jenkins because I haven't seen him and am intrigued by all the pundits dubbing him "the best pure shooter in the draft", and pulling out names like Reggie and Ray. From what I gather, he's a quite savvy youngun who already has the knowledge on how to fake most of his attacks then counter easily when the defense reacts. Our team has always lacked scorers who can pass up shots for better ones or draw fouls from their jumpers sans Jamal, so that's refreshing to see (or in my case, hear) from a rook. All good rookies go through a few weeks of being near the top o the class, hopefully JJ part 2 can get some pub and a little stat mention on NBA Coast to Coast or something. He will inevitably hit he rookie wall, but hopefully it's against a soft part of th schedule where the team can pick him up.

• Premium Member

1. Deshawn - we now have two defenders in the back court... Teague and Deshawn.2. Morrow - I think this guy can shoot a ton.3. Jenkins - I hate to think about the rookie wall, but he's the only one I think has sticking power.Honorable mention: Benson. I know we haven't signed him yet, but we should.Honorable mention 2: Scott. At UVA, he was a force.I think he's a PF but I would like to see him try some SF.

Deshawn was a defensive force but people who have seen the Nets play say he has slowed down a ton even in that area. If we get the Deshawn that showed up during the nba finals in 2011 then it will be very exciting. Even if he only shows up vs the Heat and frustrates Lebron again, Im stoked. Morrow Korver and Jenkins, wow 3 deadly shooters. Im excited even if this is what we have for Ferry's 1st season without any key additions.

Edited by NJHAWK

• Premium Member

None of the above and I do not think they were brought here to drum up excitement.

Come on now. I know you have been nothing but negative but this is just being silly. Surely at least ONE of the new guys makes you want to watch them.