• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ibaka resigns with Thunder

gurpilo

Or at least he will be able to get it from some retarded team... I hope te Hawks aren't dumb enough to offer him the max

A max for Harden would average 15 mil a year. Ibaka just signed a deal paying him 12 mil a year. Does that sound like a retarded amount more to sign Harden or should I consider both deals retarded?

On the subject of Harden, I'd be extremely surprised if he didn't end up with the Suns - they really wanted a SG this offseason and struck out. With Harden's ties to the area and their cap space, I don't see how he doesn't sign with them (assuming OKC can't find a way to keep him).

At least with Harden you are getting the peak years of his career. I would not be overly upset if we sign him for the max. Still it's definitely reminiscent of the first JJ deal, sigh.

You mean a deal that pays a player for the value he provides a franchise in the prime of his career? I think JJ contract #2 represents overpaying for a diminishing asset based on past performance and fear.

A max for Harden would average 15 mil a year. Ibaka just signed a deal paying him 12 mil a year. Does that sound like a retarded amount more to sign Harden or should I consider both deals retarded?

Retarded has kind of become the norm, but Ibaka definitely should not be making as much as Horford and I don't have high hopes for any team that gives Harden the max. Edited by High5

Guest Walter

OK, so I realize Harden has some California roots and perhaps the Suns would have a leg up in that regard. However, they did get Wesley Johnson who may pan out at the 2 and I'm doubtful Harden would want to go to a rebuilding team after years with a title contender (if salaries offered are comparable). I'm frankly surprised by the OKC signing. I thought they'd wait to see if PJ3 could step into his role before resigning Ibaka, particularly to a rather expensive deal (might be $51.5 mil/4 years). I think that OKC may "bite the bullet" on paying the LT for a year or two but the LT is so high in 2014 that I can't imagine it. I also can't imagine much of a S&T option now (teams know OKC likely cannot afford all this). Our chances just jumped. If we even slightly front load the deal in the 1st 2 years it pretty much eliminates OKC. We'll see about pheonix and Dallas. W

OK, so I realize Harden has some California roots and perhaps the Suns would have a leg up in that regard. However, they did get Wesley Johnson who may pan out at the 2 and I'm doubtful Harden would want to go to a rebuilding team after years with a title contender (if salaries offered are comparable). I'm frankly surprised by the OKC signing. I thought they'd wait to see if PJ3 could step into his role before resigning Ibaka, particularly to a rather expensive deal (might be $51.5 mil/4 years). I think that OKC may "bite the bullet" on paying the LT for a year or two but the LT is so high in 2014 that I can't imagine it. I also can't imagine much of a S&T option now (teams know OKC likely cannot afford all this). Our chances just jumped. If we even slightly front load the deal in the 1st 2 years it pretty much eliminates OKC. We'll see about pheonix and Dallas. W

What did I tell you in the other thread Walter? REAL FRANCHISES aren't scared off by the Luxury Tax. Especially a franchise that just made the NBA Finals. OKC has just seen the Lakers load up to beat THEM. That's what all of that extra firepower they brought in was intended to do . . . beat the Thunder . . then beat the Heat in the Finals. So you think OKC is going to blink, just because they're afraid of the tax penalties they may have to pay 3 years from now? No. They're in a WIN NOW mode. If Harden improves even more than he did last year, they're going to pay that dude, and hope he wants to stay. OKC will deal with the Luxury Tax implications when they get to a critical point. But as of right now, that team is a heartbeat away from a NBA title, and they're going to do everything in their power to get that ring . . . even if it cost them a few ( or 10 ) million in tax penalties to do it.

If I'm OKC, here's what I'd do. - Offer Harden a MAX deal ( which has to be 4 years due to the fact that Westbrook got a MAX deal last year ) - Give him 2 player option years in year 3 and year 4 This gives the ability for Harden to opt out in 2 years and become an unrestricted free agent, to make even more money. And it gives the Thunder payroll relief if he does decide to leave. And as that deal comes to a close in those final 2 years, he can always be traded to a team looking to get rid of decent expiring, but underperforming players in relation to their contract. As for Harden, here's what he thinks about his future http://www.dailythun...staying-in-okc/ Matter of fact, may as well add this link as well, written a week earlier. http://www.dailythunder.com/2012/07/james-harden-says-hed-consider-the-suns-in-free-agency/

Edited by northcyde

We could so a lot worse. Just concerned what it would take to get him

Tyreke is someone we would go after. He would fit in very well in the backcourt because of his passing ability and scoring. Since Sacramento believes he is not living up to expectations but will demand a larger contact, they may just trade him. His numbers are down and they've tried him at various positions last year. I think he needs a change of scenery and will be a elite player in this league. Just work on that jumpshot.