Who are your top 5 right now?

Yep a play off of Merril Hoge...

Here's my top 5.

5. Matt Ryan.

4. Drew Brees

3. Peyton Manning.

2. Aaron Rodgers

1. Tom Brady

They may be a slight to Flacco but I say give Ryan Flacco's line and Ryan is better.

• Moderators

It's what I have been saying. Give Ryan the Ravens and he would be celebrating is second SB win right now. Flacco is too inconsistent to be considered elite. He got hot for the playoffs and that's big part of why they won. Give Ryan that O-line, a young, upcoming RB, and a defense and Ryan is the better QB of the two. I know TD, Smith, and the coordinators know this too. Pay the man AB!

• Like 1

Ryan may be the better QB, but you can't slight Flacco like that when he's a fluke drop and chip shot FG miss in last years conference championship game away from possibly having just won his 2nd straight SuperBowl. So far Ryan has 1 playoff win and while the Ravens line, RB and defense may be better, the Falcons have the superior WRs and TE and a pretty darn good supporting cast as well.

You've also got the 2 time SuperBowl winning Eli Manning who is more than deserving of being in the top 5. Then you've got RGIII and Luck as serious contenders to break into that top 5 as well next year.

• Moderators

Ryan may be the better QB, but you can't slight Flacco like that when he's a fluke drop and chip shot FG miss in last years conference championship game away from possibly having just won his 2nd straight SuperBowl. So far Ryan has 1 playoff win and while the Ravens line, RB and defense may be better, the Falcons have the superior WRs and TE and a pretty darn good supporting cast as well.

You've also got the 2 time SuperBowl winning Eli Manning who is more than deserving of being in the top 5. Then you've got RGIII and Luck as serious contenders to break into that top 5 as well next year.

I'm not a football expert at all but if you are considering RGIII it seems like the 49er dude should be in there.

• Moderators

The top 4 are obvious for me - Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Brees. After that there is a whole next tier with rising stars (Kaerpatrick sp?, Luck, RGIII, Newton, etc.) and talented but somewhat flawed vets (Flacco, Ryan, Big Ben, etc.).

For me, Ryan is a top 10 guy but not a top 5 guy. I would have a very difficult time picking that #5 guy if it was just for next season. If it was staffing a franchise, Luck would be the guy for sure.

• Premium Member

I really considered Eli and the young guys. I said to myself, if those guys were the Falcons QB, how far would the Falcons go? I don't think those young guys would have beaten Seattle in the playoffs like we did. Yes, Ryan has great Receivers, but the running game has disappeared. One of the main reasons why we lost to SF. You get a lead and ultimately, you have to run clock. With our Line, we can't run clock like that.

• Like 1

The top 4 are obvious for me - Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Brees. After that there is a whole next tier with rising stars (Kaerpatrick sp?, Luck, RGIII, Newton, etc.) and talented but somewhat flawed vets (Flacco, Ryan, Big Ben, etc.).

Totally agree with this.

Spots #5 - 10 are pretty even.

Manning, Bray, and Brees will be falling off soon due to age.

You can't put Flacco in front of Ryan, especially when you're talking about RIGHT NOW. Flacco had the much better defense, but he absolutely dominated this postseason. Ryan, although he wasn't a slouch either, cost his team 2 crucial turnovers against the 49'ers.

I'd say...

5. Joe Flacco

4. Drew Brees

3. Aaron Rodgers

2. Peyton Manning

1. Tom Brady

1. Tom Brady- His career speaks for itself, if he's not playing in a super bowl he's in a AFC championship game almost always

2. Aaron Rogers- He started slow this season and his team still won it's didvision because of him

3 Joe Flacco- You can hate him but he shows up in the playoffs where it counts.

4. Peyton Manning- To come back the way he did this season and play, I'll take him on my team any day. Make his team better.

5. Matt Ryan- He doesn't have far to go having almost made it to a Super Bowl this season. Has a high football IQ

Honorable Mention- Colin Kaepernick might be a gimmick QB but he can throw and run with the best of them. Watch out for his 9ers next season

Whole lot of disrespect for Eli Manning here, whom id strongly consider putting ahead of his older brother who can't win in the cold. Eli beat arguably the best QB and the best team ever in the SB with a lesser talented team. Then for good measure took another wild card team through the road and won another SB. Only Brady om that list has more Super Bowl wins than Eli.

1. Aaron Rodgers2. Tom Brady3. Peyton Manning4. Drew Brees5. Matt RyanJust being honest I picked Ryan as my 5 bc he's my qb....there are a number of guys you can make a case for to be at that 5 spot and it would really just be a matter of opinion.

I can't believe no one has Tannehill in their top 5. A travesty, especially you Dolf. My list is: 1. Tannehill2. M. Moore3. P. Devlin4. D. Gerrard5. C. Henne

Someday Tannehill will be in the top 5 I'm confident about that. I wanted to draft him lower than 8 last year but thrilled we got him even if taken too high. Don't discount Devlin either he will be a quality #2 QB.

Top 4 are clear as others have stated. 5-10 are muddy. I always gave an edge to Ryan v Flacco but it's not accurate to make that argument at this moment in time. Ryan played very well in the postseason but Flacco was near-perfect. He threw no INTs and had 11 TDs in the postseason.

I don't care who you are throwing to or what line you have in front of you, that is impressive.

Kaepernick has an absolute cannon for an arm and blazing straight line speed. With further experience and seasoning I would expect him to climb on this list. Luck looks like the next Peyton.

• Premium Member

Whole lot of disrespect for Eli Manning here, whom id strongly consider putting ahead of his older brother who can't win in the cold. Eli beat arguably the best QB and the best team ever in the SB with a lesser talented team. Then for good measure took another wild card team through the road and won another SB. Only Brady om that list has more Super Bowl wins than Eli.

The Problem I have with Eli is that NY always have a great Offensive line. You say less talented team... A way to measure a team is with his line. If you have a great offensive line, they can make the most mediocre of RBs and QBs look perfect. The Falcons line isn't great. Think about the best OLs right now: Seattle and Houston. Those teams didn't come out of nowhere without reason. They can dominate the ball. For as much as I like Russell Wilson and Colin K. I think they are both products of having great offensive lines.

• 4 weeks later...

Not right now

When healthy you can certainly argue that he is. There's nobody in the game who can stand in the pocket and take the punishment that he does without going down, extending the play and finding an open receiver for a big play. His problem is that he can't stay healthy.