• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So it may really come down to Hawks vs Mavs for Dwight.

ATLscrubLove

I mean he could go elsewhere, obviously any team wants him on their roster. But I'm all but certain that Dwight is out of LA due to recent developments of Kobe calling him out, etc. So basically the question is if it comes down to Hawks and Mavs, do you see a scenario where Dwight would choose Atlanta over Dallas? I'm still not certain Dwight won't be dealt by the deadline, even if reports say otherwise.

Edited by ATLscrubLove

LA will not let him walkNobody does that to the Lakers tho I'd love to see it

I would laugh so hard if he walks on them. Honestly, I'll be surprised if they don't move Dwight before the deadline. Despite the reports that say otherwise.

yea us atlanta fans better think twice about creaming for dwight howard,b/c i wonder are my eyes deceiving me or is it reality that howards conversion rate in the paint is worse than josh smiths.i was talking to my dad whom just happen to love the lakers & he sais josh actually has more moves than howard.i look at him tonight against the celtics & you get 9 points & 9rbs.straight garbage. secoundly investing in these big men are such a gamble b/c you cant keep them healthy. lokk at the sixers, lookat how long brook lopez went down,now look at the lakerswith howard & now gasol is out 6 weeks wit a fracture in his foot.who whishes they would have traded josh for gasol now? i bet the lakers wish they had made that move.

It's pretty obvious that Dwight and Kobe don't get along... he's subtly tryna force Dwight to play hurt and now that Gasol is out they probably won't make the playoffs. I'm not sayin' Dwight's gonna come to ATL but if he isn't traded at the deadline what reason does he have to stay in L.A. with Kobe breathin' down his neck? 6 players on the Lakers are or were at some point All-Stars yet they have a losin' record... this is Dwight we're talkin' about... time to jump ship. The pressure of being a Laker is literally compressing his spine.

It's pretty obvious that Dwight and Kobe don't get along... he's subtly tryna force Dwight to play hurt and now that Gasol is out they probably won't make the playoffs. I'm not sayin' Dwight's gonna come to ATL but if he isn't traded at the deadline what reason does he have to stay in L.A. with Kobe breathin' down his neck? 6 players on the Lakers are or were at some point All-Stars yet they have a losin' record... this is Dwight we're talkin' about... time to jump ship. The pressure of being a Laker is literally compressing his spine.

I can give you 25 million and an extra year why he would stay in LA. The only way would be a sign and trade in the off season. That is if he isn't traded before the deadline.

• Premium Member

Dwight has a torn labrum in his shoulder, of course his on the court performance isn't going to be where it was. The guy in an earlier interview talked about how with his back surgery sometimes he can't feel anything from the waist down due to some nerve damage from it. I think he's nuts for still playing. They already said he needs surgery to fix the torn labrum and it looks like he came back too soon from back surgery as it was before the shoulder injury.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I can give you 25 million and an extra year why he would stay in LA. The only way would be a sign and trade in the off season. That is if he isn't traded before the deadline.

The Lakers can't be apart of SnT deals under the new CBA because they are in the tax. The only way they get something out of him is if they trade him at the deadline. Once it gets to the offseason, all they can do is either sign him or watch him walk.

Dwight has a torn labrum in his shoulder, of course his on the court performance isn't going to be where it was. The guy in an earlier interview talked about how with his back surgery sometimes he can't feel anything from the waist down due to some nerve damage from it. I think he's nuts for still playing. They already said he needs surgery to fix the torn labrum and it looks like he came back too soon from back surgery as it was before the shoulder injury.

The doctors told him that it was okay for him to play. They said that he couldn't do anymore harm to it, so he came back. Honestly, I believe he should have sat out until the first of the year and as for his shoulder, if it really needs surgery and I was Dwight, I'd say FU Kobe and have the surgery. With Gasol hurt, this year for the Lakers has to be chalked up as a lost cause. They aren't making it past OKC, SAS, or LAC in the playoffs. I believe GS and DEN could beat the Lakers right now in a seven game series.

EDIT: Post 1000!!!Posted Image lol

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 3

I'm a Kobe fan to the death, never been a Lakers hater or anything. But watching that franchise squirm at a historical level has been captivating. As well as exposing Dwight for the poorly skilled locker room cancer he is, the pathetic defender Nash is, the deplorable coach D'Antoni is, and the inept GM Kupchak is, not that I didn't know all of this long ago. Some people act like they still can't see it! Sunday at the Heat should be full of good laughs. People think Kobe is going crazy now, I'm surprised he hasn't done much more, and I'm disappointed with how he let these bums come in and shame such a proud franchise that he shares so much history in. But the way they did Phil, they deserve what they're getting.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I'm a Kobe fan to the death, never been a Lakers hater or anything. But watching that franchise squirm at a historical level has been captivating. As well as exposing Dwight for the poorly skilled locker room cancer he is, the pathetic defender Nash is, the deplorable coach D'Antoni is, and the inept GM Kupchak is, not that I didn't know all of this long ago. Some people act like they still can't see it! Sunday at the Heat should be full of good laughs. People think Kobe is going crazy now, I'm surprised he hasn't done much more, and I'm disappointed with how he let these bums come in and shame such a proud franchise that he shares so much history in. But the way they did Phil, they deserve what they're getting.

I'm a Laker hater but i know Kobe is one of the best. I also think D'antoni is horrible but they could salvage this season and their rep very simply. If they really want to keep Dwight long term they need to shut him down, have the surgery on his shoulder, make some minor trades for shooters and rebounders (Morrow comes to mind) and roll with it. Kobe and Nash could do some damage just surrounded by guys who play hard and know their place. Then sign Dwight in the offseason. Dwight and Kobe will work. They don't have to like each other. Kobe and Shaq never did.

I just don see the logic in giving a guy max money who can hurt your team in so many ways (fracturing the locker room, deciding when he wants to play after the doctors clear him, had as many fouls and turnovers as points last night) and is only dominant if he's 100% healthy? You realize how big of an indicment that is of a player? It basically means your head and heart add no value to your overall game. KG and Tim Duncan played at levels unseen for guys of their size, age, and miles last playoffs. It had absolutely nothing to do with how strong or healthy they were! It was all mental and spiritual. Dwight can't rely on those traits for a single game, let alone a playoff series or 3. He is so unpolished in the post it's embarrassing for me to watch him, and I can't stand the guy.I think the big winner in all this is SVG. I know many think he's an awful coach, and that's fine. I don't. He looks more like a genius for getting to the Finals with that trash roster assembled around a muscle-bound goofball. To his credit, he could have come out and said "I told you so" and what not, but he's shown class through the whole thing by just laying low. After the craziest press conference you'd ever seen last year in Orlando, he's a better fit on a reality show than a cohesive basketball team. If you took a players poll of who the weirdest player in the league is, Dwight would win unanimously.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

I just don see the logic in giving a guy max money who can hurt your team in so many ways (fracturing the locker room, deciding when he wants to play after the doctors clear him, had as many fouls and turnovers as points last night) and is only dominant if he's 100% healthy? You realize how big of an indicment that is of a player? It basically means your head and heart add no value to your overall game. KG and Tim Duncan played at levels unseen for guys of their size, age, and miles last playoffs. It had absolutely nothing to do with how strong or healthy they were! It was all mental and spiritual. Dwight can't rely on those traits for a single game, let alone a playoff series or 3. He is so unpolished in the post it's embarrassing for me to watch him, and I can't stand the guy.I think the big winner in all this is SVG. I know many think he's an awful coach, and that's fine. I don't. He looks more like a genius for getting to the Finals with that trash roster assembled around a muscle-bound goofball. To his credit, he could have come out and said "I told you so" and what not, but he's shown class through the whole thing by just laying low. After the craziest press conference you'd ever seen last year in Orlando, he's a better fit on a reality show than a cohesive basketball team. If you took a players poll of who the weirdest player in the league is, Dwight would win unanimously.

I can't see how anyone thinks SVG isn't a good coach. He took a horrible heat team and about ran the table the last two months of the season when it was just wade and odom and the Heat haven't been bad since.

I think sometimes SVG runs his mouth too much and that turns people off, but george karl has always done that, doc rivers, it doesn't make you a bad coach.

• Like 1

Big difference between playing at 100% vs playing without being able to feel your legs and having a torn labrum to where it hurts to even sleep at night. I know because I went through that for about 18 months over the past 2 years and it was absolute hell and I'm not out there trying to play basketball against the best players in the world and taking the pounding that he's taking PLUS having a bad back and not being able to feel my legs either. Get Dwight back to being healthy, which is debatable whether it's even possible concerning his bad back, and I guarantee you he'll be that guy capable of 30/20 on any given night.

Totally agree regarding SVG!