• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

5 Players playing for a contract - ESPN Insider

capstone21

• Admin

Jeff Teague | Atlanta HawksTeagueTeague is the forgotten member of the 2009 point guard class, but he has had as productive a contract year as he could hope for, averaging career highs in points (14.5) and assists (7.1). He does a good job of getting into the paint and finishing at the rim, and his 37 percent clip from 3-point range makes him a threat you must respect from the perimeter. Teague's 35.4 assist percentage is the second-highest among the 2009 point guards, behind Holiday's 39.4.Atlanta's summer 2013 free-agency plans likely will put Teague's deal on the backburner, as the Hawks will want to preserve their cap space to attract big fish on the free-agency market. Teague's value as a solid starting point guard falls below that of the Lawsons and Holidays of the world, but his agent will probably push for a deal closer to that of Mike Conley's (approximately $9 million per year), or else try to find an offer sheet on the market elsewhere.

• Like 2

Common sense says Danny will offer Teague a deal around $7.5 mill per year.........since he is a RFA there is little to no risk in making him go out an look for a better deal considering how flooded the market is with quality PGs.

• Admin

Looking back on that draft class ... I would rank the PGs:1. Stephen Curry draft position 72. Ty Lawson draft position 183. Jrue Holiday draft position 174. Ricky Rubio draft position 55. Brandon Jennings draft position 106. Jeff Teague draft position 197. Darron Collison draft position 218. Eric Maynor draft position 209. Tony Douglas draft position 29

Holiday and Rubio are ahead of Lawson and between the 2 I have doubts who is ahead, I will give it to Holiday for the moment.

Teague is ahead of Jennings and you forgot Flynn that was taken 6th

1. Stephen Curry draft position 73. Jrue Holiday draft position 174. Ricky Rubio draft position 5

2. Ty Lawson draft position 18

6. Jeff Teague draft position 195. Brandon Jennings draft position 107. Darron Collison draft position 218. Eric Maynor draft position 209. Tony Douglas draft position 29

10. A J Price draft position 52

10. Johny Flynn draft position 6

• Admin

I didn't count Flynn because he was not even in the league but I would rank him at the bottom too .... what a bust.

Rubio's being so injury prone is why he dropped.

Holiday vs Lawson could go either way but I just like Lawson better but that is just my opinion.

Teague does not control or take over the game like Jennings does. He is a more consistent shooter though

Edited by capstone21

I'm probably in the minority, but I am not that blown away with Holiday and I'd honestly rather have Teague as I feel he's got a higher ceiling. The only ones I'd for sure take over him would be Curry, Rubio and Lawson and even then Teague has closed the gap quite a bit and I believe will continue to do so.

• Like 1

BTW I heard a stat yesterday on NBA TV that Teague just recently had his 7th 20/10 game of the season. I believe that they said Lawson has 3 or maybe 4. Pretty damn impressive I gotta say for our little PG who wasn't.

Correction, Lawson has 5.

I'm telling ya, Teague will be our next Mookie. He just has to develop that leadership gene. Someone has to tell Josh to get his azz on the block!

Teague will never be on that level as a defender but he'll be better offensively. I really see Teague as a young Tony Parker. It's taking him a little longer to score like Parker did as a young player but he's already better as a distributor. Teague is a little better from deep and Parker is better inside the line but they both have a tremendous ability to get to the rim almost at will.

No way Rubio is the 3rd best PG on that list. He can pass, but can't shoot to save his life. He isn't durable. And he gets torched on defense. There is no way in hell I'd trade Teague for Rubio. I'll go on record right now to say Ricky Rubio will NEVER be an All-Star, or even be in the mention for an All-Star berth ever in his career.

1) Curry

2) Lawson

3) Jennings

4) Holliday

5) Teague

6) Collison

7) Rubio

8) Price

9) Douglas

10 ) Maynor

11) Flynn

• Moderators

I am amazed with how many steals Rubio generates (6 again last game).

He is averaging 13.4 points, 9.5 assists, 5.5 rebounds and 3.4 steals per game since he got healthy over the last 30 days. His jumper has improved over that time but remains pretty broken.

• Like 1

Rubio has been injured on the knee but that injury does not make him injury prone, he is the best passer of all the group and truly makes their mates better, a true floor general that also steals the ball at a high rate and is not so weak defender, for me is top 3 on that list. He came out of the injury slow but on February he is averaging 13 ppg, 5 rpg, 9,5 apg , 3,0 spg, 3TO amazing stats shooting 0,38%, that's true. He requires only 10 shots to score his points and gets a lot of calls, since All-Star is averaging 5 spg...

Jennings requires 17 shots to score 17 points, averages 6,5 apg, 3TO and shots also 0,38% in February, really I cannot understand how anyone can rank him ahead of Rubio....

About Lawson and Holiday, Lawson is quick and scores at a high rate but is really small and a weak defender, Holiday scores at the same rate, pass better, rebounds better, defends better, has great size of a PG, is much younger... he is an all-star for something, although he is TO prone.

For me but it's just my opinion no way Lawson is ahead of Holiday and Rubio should be ahead also although that could be more debatable. But Jennings ahead of Lawson, Teague or Rubio, Come on, he is a chucker, but let's see who gives him a good contract out there!!!!

Looking back on that draft class ... I would rank the PGs:1. Stephen Curry draft position 72. Ty Lawson draft position 183. Jrue Holiday draft position 174. Ricky Rubio draft position 55. Brandon Jennings draft position 106. Jeff Teague draft position 197. Darron Collison draft position 218. Eric Maynor draft position 209. Tony Douglas draft position 29

I would put Teague ahead of both Jennings and Rubio.

Rubio's eFG% .35

Rubio can be great but you have to surround him with right pieces and a shot blockling center to mask his matador defense. Teague can get his on his own. His passing has greatly improved as well. Its more of a personal preference thing between the two. Rubio has to improve his shooting though. Its a major flaw in his game.....while Teague simply doesn't have a major flaw like that.

Teague durability and energy can't be ignored either.

Edited by coachx

No way Rubio is the 3rd best PG on that list. He can pass, but can't shoot to save his life. He isn't durable. And he gets torched on defense. There is no way in hell I'd trade Teague for Rubio. I'll go on record right now to say Ricky Rubio will NEVER be an All-Star, or even be in the mention for an All-Star berth ever in his career. 1) Curry2) Lawson3) Jennings4) Holliday5) Teague6) Collison7) Rubio8) Price9) Douglas10 ) Maynor11) Flynn

WOW I can't wait to revisit this topic someday. You know Rondo can't shoot either but he's done alright as a pass first PG who plays defense and you can say Rubio gets torched on D but he's looking better and better as he's recovering his lateral quickness and he's got elite hands and vision on both sides of the ball.

I am amazed with how many steals Rubio generates (6 again last game). He is averaging 13.4 points, 9.5 assists, 5.5 rebounds and 3.4 steals per game since he got healthy over the last 30 days. His jumper has improved over that time but remains pretty broken.

Yep he's on an absolute tear and at his age this is pretty remarkable.