• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Josh Smith released by the Pistons

NBASupes

How so? He still gets his full salary and can now go play with any team he wants (that also wants him)

If you're a player playing for one of the worst teams in the NBA, happen to be the 2nd best player on the team, and on top of that they waive you? The team did you dirty. 

If you're a player playing for one of the worst teams in the NBA, happen to be the 2nd best player on the team, and on top of that they waive you? The team did you dirty. 

I don't see that at all. You think NBA players want to play on loser teams when there's a logjam at the position? Now he STILL gets paid AND he gets to go play for a contender and maybe get a ring this year. That's exactly the opposite of dirty. Hell even trading him to someone would have been dirtier than allowing him to pick a team to play for.

• Like 2

Dallas makes the most sense to me. 

Reunite with AAU teammate Rondo.  Or reunite with AAU teammate Howard in Houston.

(What's the over/under on Smoove-themed threads in Homecourt, btw?  Actually don't answer that.  Now that I think about it ... don't tase me bro.)

I don't think I'd say they did him dirty per se, but they're certainly scapegoating him with this move which is dirty IMHO.  They have more problems than those supposedly caused by Smith.

Which turned out worse... Smoove with the Pistons? Or Andruw Jones with the Dodgers?

~lw3

Yes.

Reunite with AAU teammate Rondo.  Or reunite with AAU teammate Howard in Houston.

(What's the over/under on Smoove-themed threads in Homecourt, btw?  Actually don't answer that.  Now that I think about it ... don't tase me bro.)

I don't think I'd say they did him dirty per se, but they're certainly scapegoating him with this move which is dirty IMHO.  They have more problems than those supposedly caused by Smith.

Yes.

I don't see the Rockets because he would seriously kill their offense and he won't make the defense any better than a healthy Terrence Jones. In fact Jones is actually better on offense than Josh as well and he was stroking the 3 at over 40% the last time I looked. 

Dallas has a huge hole in their front court for defense and he could fill that nicely. Plus he'd get the royal treatment, for a few weeks at least, from Cuban, before being released again :)

• Like 1