• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steven Jackson to the Falcons: Now watch ATL fans show up and show out

HawkItus

He is 29 years old and had his least productive season since his rookie year. I don't understand the excitement.

he still gets over 4 yards a carry while Turner does not.Also, Jackson is a much better receiverthan Turner , which gives them more options on offense.

I'm definately not expecting him to play 16. 12 games at that violent running style, NO FUMBLES, and catching out the backfield while being an exemplary blocker makes me confident of a playoff berth. Rogers and Snells can carry the load for the 4 games he's out. With the way NFL-Ready RBs grow on trees in college, I was kinda excited about the prospect of Eddie Lacy, but I'm good I guess. We get that dominant pass rusher (Dumervill?) and I'm really good.

he still gets over 4 yards a carry while Turner does not.Also, Jackson is a much better receiverthan Turner , which gives them more options on offense.

You don't know he will even produce that this season. This is the age where players start dropping off, and RB's drop off quickly, and right at this age. I don't know the terms of the contract and so I can't say it's a bad deal. But given his age and drop in production I wouldn't be certain that he will be much more productive.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators

I am definitely concerned about his age but I will say this for him. He had no passing offense in St. Louis to speak of to help him. He won't have anyone stacking the box against him with the passing attack that Atlanta has going for it.

Don't worry about him Falling off a cliff, he won't be carrying the load here. That's on the passing game, I still believe he gets 1000 yards this year tho. With him and quizz splitting time our offense is going to be damn near unstoppable. And now we can completely focus on defense in the draft.

He's definitely a short-term solution, but we don't need him to be a world-beater. It was sad to see us empty out the backfield or split 4 out on 3rd and short so much last year.

3 yrs, 12 mil. That's a good deal. This team is in position to win right now, and he's a good fit right now.