• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Horford since All-Star break

TheNorthCydeRises

I was gonna add to the Boss thread, but I'll help you crank up this new one. I'm pretty sure he still has statistically the most efficient midrange shot in the league for any big, maybe someone can check. If he doesn't, I'd like to see who the hell does. I've taken to calling him Auto Al now. Being that his jumper is automatic. The Bucks might want to watch some tape before Sunday. He has actually improved his range out a half step lately too. Boss been on some Fortune 500 CEO sh@t since the break. But it's really no different than his first day here. Skill level improved, of course, but he's always been all about professionalism since he put that Hawks cap on and posed with Stern. Man I hope he doesn't suffer a significant injury again because twice it has definately slowed him. When healthy physically and mentally, his upside is as steep as anyone.

Edited by benhillboy

I was gonna add to the Boss thread, but I'll help you crank up this new one. I'm pretty sure he still has statistically the most efficient midrange shot in the league for any big, maybe someone can check. If he doesn't, I'd like to see who the hell does. I've taken to calling him Auto Al now. Being that his jumper is automatic. The Bucks might want to watch some tape before Sunday. He has actually improved his range out a half step lately too. Boss been on some Fortune 500 CEO sh@t since the break. But it's really no different than his first day here. Skill level improved, of course, but he's always been all about professionalism since he put that Hawks cap on and posed with Stern. Man I hope he doesn't suffer a significant injury again because twice it has definately slowed him. When healthy physically and mentally, his upside is as steep as anyone.

As of three weeks ago, it was Ibaka leading the league mid-range shooting percentage. Not sure about now.

Post All-Star

Games - 17

MPG - 38:30

made - 9.5

att16.5

PPG 21.0

FG% - 57.3

FT% - 66.7

RPG -11.5

APG - 3.2

SPG - 1.4

BPG - 1.4

T/O -2.6

Points, steals, rebounds, blocks are all up as is shooting percentage and FT percentage. T/O went from 1.8 earlier in the year to 2.6 per game post all star break showing he's getting more touches and more involved.

Edited by thecampster

• Premium Member

Since this roster was put together, I've felt Horford was the best player on this team and that his past All-Star selections were legit and not a product of weakness at the center position. Now that he's getting healthy again, he's proving it beyond any doubt.

• Like 1

I never would've guessed him in 100 tries. His attempts have to be low.

Nope, well in the past yes, but he's always been a efficient midrange shooter and this season decided to double his attempts and even spot up some from the corner 3. Surprisingly he didn't lose much in efficiency and is hitting 45% on 4 attempts per game from 16-23 feet. Al is at 44% from the same distance on 4.8 attempts which is actually a down year for him considering that he's logged seasons of 48% and 53% from the distance before. Checking Hoopdata it also lists Chris Bosh at 54% from that distance and of course Dirk at 47% so I'd need to know where Colin got his stat from to know what they are accounting for a midrange jumper..

• Premium Member

And to think that posters claimed that we didn't needed him during and after the 2011 season since we won a lot of games with him sidelined. Shame on those that wanted Horford traded or who thought that this team was better off with Josh Smith rather than Al Horford if you had to pick one.

• Like 2

should of been our number 1 option since the start of the season. He has always been our most efficient scorer and has been underutilized all of his career.

He is finally blossoming into the legit 20-10 guy that I have always envisioned him being.

And to think that posters claimed that we didn't needed him during and after the 2011 season since we won a lot of games with him sidelined. Shame on those that wanted Horford traded or who thought that this team was better off with Josh Smith rather than Al Horford if you had to pick one.

Anyone who thought that should cease being a fan of the Hawks

Edited by Bonkers

• Premium Member

Al Horford, our lottery pick that went right. It has been a lot of fun watching him come back from injury, improve his game and become our true team leader.

. . has been the pillar of consistently for the most part, while playing outstanding basketball. Can't say enough about how this dude has been playing since the All-Star break . . and honestly, since we lost that debacle of a game vs New Orleans right before the A-S Break

21 points

11.2 rebs

59% FG%

Maybe most important, he's getting the shot attempts to put up those kinds of numbers ( over 16 FGA per game ).

And then he goes for 26 points and 15 rebounds tonight. When he has that midrange jumper to go along with his cutting and moving around the basket, he becomes a pretty potent offensive player to stop.

Just an outstanding effort by him. Finally becoming the definitive leader of this team.

It's been a pretty impressive stretch for sure.

I've been waiting for this game cause i didnt catch the first one early this season. I haven't seen the ROY yet, Ferry's gonna be watching his boy Hickson agaist Al, and hopefully we see Al matched against his natural counterpart in the West, Aldridge. I know they better come out on Al's jumper or they gonna get trashed.

Edited by benhillboy

I've been waiting for this game cause i didnt catch the first one early this season. I haven't seen the ROY yet, Ferry's gonna be watching his boy Hickson agaist Al, and hopefully we see Al matched against his natural counterpart in the West, Aldridge. I know they better come out on Al's jumper or they gonna get trashed.

Should be interesting on multiple levels. Al vs Aldridge, Smith vs Hickson, (or Smith vs Aldridge and Al vs Hickson), Teague vs Lillard... Edited by Watchman

• Moderators

You know here's a Friday question:

If every PF and C in the eastern conference was available this summer as a free agent who would you sign. I think I would have to say Al without a doubt. I think most GMs would too. His all star snub is looking really bad.

• Like 1

I still don't think Drew plays the offense thru Horf enough. He still has games with not enough shot attempts. Horf RARELY shoots below 50% for the night. We need to run the offense thru Teague and Horf...period. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD