• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ok so Indy it is!

CODHAWKSFAN

We can beat Woody in the second round; Celtics dunno. First we gotta beat Indiana who has been mediocre lately.

Pacers have struggled down the stretch but there's a reason for that. George Hill has had a minor groin injury and has shooting has been off. And Paul George, I think he's just exhausted. The team wasn't expected to be without Granger this season so he's had to fill the role by moving from shooting guard to small forward and being the head honcho at just 22 years old. The starters last game(minus Lance Stephenson) was April 14th against the Knicks and their next game will be April 21st against the Hawks. So they got a little bit of rest that was much needed.

Prior to finishing 1-4 against the Thunder, Knicks, Nets, Wizards and Cavs(win), the Pacers won 5 in a row and 8-1 in their nine and had a nother stretch not long before when they went 12-3 from Jan 30-March 3. So they've also had some nice stretches. Those 5 wins in a row right before going 1-4(not including 76ers since starters didn't play) it was a 4 game road trip against the Clippers, Rockets, Mavs and Suns and the 5th win was at home against the Hawks. Pacers were 22-8 in their last 30 prior to the 1-4 stretch to finish the season. They certainly didn't finish strong but Hill and George appeared to be in desperate need of rest. They starters got six and a half days to rest going into the playoffs. As a Pacers fan, I'm hoping that's just what they needed.

Your bigs and Korver sniping... worries me. Teague worries me too but I haven't really watched him since he first became a legit player when he took over in the playoffs a year or two ago. He was just going off and it was great. Also, what about John Jenkins? I know a lot about him from his time at Vanderbilt being a rival of Tennessee an all. Has he been playing? I know he can be dangerous from 3 as well.

• Like 1

They even had a comment about glad it's hawks bc bulls fans woulda outnumbered pacers fans in home games lol

Ha, yeah. It was that way during the regular season but I think it would be different during the playoffs. I think some look back to 2011 when we played the Bulls in the 1st round and they outnumbered us. The thing about that thought was we were 37-45 and didn't even have a winning record with interim coach. So, we were playing #1 Bulls and nobody expected us to win. Oddly enough, it was a great series. We lost the series 4-1 but 4 of the 5 games, we were tied or leading down to the final minute or so. So, Pacers just barely lost 3 times while winning 1. Rose was shooting 15-20 free throws every game too so you know who the legaue wanted to win ha. That was when the Pacers finally turned it around and got the right coach, upgraded from Tyler Hansbrough to David West and Darren Collison to George Hill. Pacers found their identity in that series when they played physical and made Rose pay at times when he drove to the basket. This series might get physical... how do you guys think the Hawks will react if that's the case? Horford and Smith look jacked but I know people view them more as finnesse players because Josh Smith can fly through the roof and Horford can hit those short to mid range jumpers.

It seems as if they feel like they will just run over us, unless Kyle gets hot, that is interesting!

I don't. I mean, I think the Pacers could take it 4-1 or something but I also think the Hawks could pull the upset and take the series. I don't like the athleticism that Smith and Horford bring. I was in the minority that preferred the Rose-less Bulls and an injured Noah/Gibson. That's assuming Rose is in fact out. So, I guess we'll see.

I don't. I mean, I think the Pacers could take it 4-1 or something but I also think the Hawks could pull the upset and take the series. I don't like the athleticism that Smith and Horford bring. I was in the minority that preferred the Rose-less Bulls and an injured Noah/Gibson. That's assuming Rose is in fact out. So, I guess we'll see.

I think is that this team isn't that great on either side of the ball, the team doesn't rebound and very little perimeter defense.

I think is that this team isn't that great on either side of the ball, the team doesn't rebound and very little perimeter defense.

Rebounding is actually what worries me. Pacers were #1 in points allowed, field goal percentage, three point pecentage and rebounding most of the season and still might be in all but points allowed. I'll be honest though and say Roy Hibbert is kind of a stiff. Horford and especially Smith should have no problem going up for boards and out jumping him. I also think Horford will be able to get open looks with jump shots with Hibbert trying to guard him. I think Horford and Smith are kind of a mismatch for Hibbert and West. Hibber and West will bully them around a bit but Horford and Smith are more athletic.

As I've said before, I think the Hawks might have the 2 best players in the series. Haven't been able to say that since the Milwaulkee series. Really it is going to come down to shot making. If the Hawks are on I don't think Indy can score with them. If Indy plays good D and makes the Hawks work for every shot then I think the FG% drops and without free throws the Hawks lose. Should be a good series.

Rebounding is actually what worries me. Pacers were #1 in points allowed, field goal percentage, three point pecentage and rebounding most of the season and still might be in all but points allowed. I'll be honest though and say Roy Hibbert is kind of a stiff. Horford and especially Smith should have no problem going up for boards and out jumping him. I also think Horford will be able to get open looks with jump shots with Hibbert trying to guard him. I think Horford and Smith are kind of a mismatch for Hibbert and West. Hibber and West will bully them around a bit but Horford and Smith are more athletic.

I think we will see Smith on George and Ivan on West for about half of each game.

I just can't see Korver, Stevens, or Jones being able to contain George. Granted D. Stevens and D. Jones has reputations as good peremieter defenders......age is catching up with both of them and George has a huge reach advantage over them.

What worries me about West is his pick and pop game. If West "bullies" Smith around then Ivan will put an end to that immediately. There is no such thing a bullying Ivan around.

• Like 1

As I've said before, I think the Hawks might have the 2 best players in the series. Haven't been able to say that since the Milwaulkee series. Really it is going to come down to shot making. If the Hawks are on I don't think Indy can score with them. If Indy plays good D and makes the Hawks work for every shot then I think the FG% drops and without free throws the Hawks lose. Should be a good series.

Its sounds so simple but its the truth. The Hawks are a jump shooting team and we have to knock down our shots with Horford, Korver and Jenkins.

Teague must be in attack mode at all times and take advantage of Hibbert's slow feet in the pick and roll game. I hope to see Teague and Horford run the pick and roll over and over again when Hibbert is in the game. Make the stiff move his feet and he will wear down quickly.

We also need some good minutes out of Petro. This bit about playing 6'7'' Ivan and 6'7'' Scott at C won't work vs. the Pacers.

Horford must stay out of foul trouble.