• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jason Collins comes out as gay

HawkItus

• Premium Member

Its just NBA news and he was a Hawk. D12, CP3, etc have never been Hawks and they gets more threads in homecourt than 1/2 our starters. Come the offseason, 75% of the threads here will be about non Hawks lol.

And all of those threads will be dutifully moved to other boards as they have been in the past. If a thread about a non Hawk is allowed to stay up in Homecourt when he hasn't been a Hawk for a full season then there's no question it is being done for personal and political reasons. The fact someone went in and removed all the actual debate this topic should be about further shows it.

• Like 1

And all of those threads will be dutifully moved to other boards as they have been in the past. If a thread about a non Hawk is allowed to stay up in Homecourt when he hasn't been a Hawk for a full season then there's no question it is being done for personal and political reasons. The fact someone went in and removed all the actual debate this topic should be about further shows it.

Political/Religious/Social topics never end well, they are moved to where they belong.

General posts to this topic - Ok.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Political/Religious/Social topics never end well, they are moved to where they belong.

General posts to this topic - Ok.

This thread is ENTIRELY about a political/religious/social topic about a NON Hawk. So it has no business whatsoever on being on Homecourt.

• Like 1

This thread is ENTIRELY about a political/religious/social topic about a NON Hawk. So it has no business whatsoever on being on Homecourt.

You can make a post without making it a commentary on political/religious/social issue even if it is.

• Premium Member

You can make a post without making it a commentary on political/religious/social issue even if it is.

What part of this is a political/religious/social topic about a NON Hawk was unclear? This board is supposed to be solely about the current Hawks. Jason Collins is not a Hawk.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The local Atlanta sports writer just wrote a column on it

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/mark-bradley/2013/apr/29/ex-hawk-jason-collins-hes-gay-and-hes-hero/

The Hawks beat writer just tweeted

Jason Collins news broke after Hawks shootaround today. Will check in with coach and players about the former Hawks pregame.

I don't know why but the Atlanta Hawks community seems interested in the story.

Sothron if you have an issue with how I or AHF are moderating this site then by all means take it up through PM but please stop with this agenda nonsense. #1 I JUST NOW read this thread and of course I wouldn't have moved it before that. AHF has NEVER had an agenda against anyone here and if there's ever been a moderator who is 100% fair and balanced it's him. I am glad that AHF removed the political and religious aspects of this debate from this thread as this should simply be about Jason and coming out. I don't care if someone likes that he did that or doesn't like it, as long as they don't go into the political or more likely religious reasons for that in this thread then I welcome discussion about something that is such a big deal in pro sports right now. So with that said I'm not moving it for a day or two and besides someone else would just create a new topic here about it.

FYI I've left that Brooklyn Nets thread up throughout the playoffs so far so I'd hardly say that all non Hawks threads get moved.

• Like 1

Sothron if you have an issue with how I or AHF are moderating this site then by all means take it up through PM but please stop with this agenda nonsense. #1 I JUST NOW read this thread and of course I wouldn't have moved it before that. AHF has NEVER had an agenda against anyone here and if there's ever been a moderator who is 100% fair and balanced it's him. I am glad that AHF removed the political and religious aspects of this debate from this thread as this should simply be about Jason and coming out. I don't care if someone likes that he did that or doesn't like it, as long as they don't go into the political or more likely religious reasons for that in this thread then I welcome discussion about something that is such a big deal in pro sports right now. So with that said I'm not moving it for a day or two and besides someone else would just create a new topic here about it.

FYI I've left that Brooklyn Nets thread up throughout the playoffs so far so I'd hardly say that all non Hawks threads get moved.

Let's get this petition started up again and end this tyranny!!! http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/325455-petition-to-remove-dolfan23-as-moderatoradmin/

(sorry, had to do it.)

Anybody remember back around 2005-2006 when Jason Kidd's wife said there was a gay player on the Nets? All fingers point to Richard Jefferson, guess it wasn't and she sure was right.

AHF, suns would have a lotta identicals on their team yes, but also I believe their GM is gay. Just thought he'd be one of the biggest supporters of twin.