• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN First Take discusses CP3 and Dwight to Atlanta

GameTime

• Moderators

I really amazes me how stupid people on ESPN look when they attempt to talk about any of our Atlanta teams... They are sooo driven to talk only about NY, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, and LA that they don't know their ass when talking about anyone else, especially Atlanta. SAS obviously has not been keeping up with either of these free agents because Dwight has said that the fifth year doesn't mean a whole lot and CP3 wants to be closer to family. Also, CP3 has said that LA is no place to raise a child. LA isn't for everyone. As for Skip, although he was in favor of them teaming up in Atlanta, he still didn't know anything factual to say outside of we got the most cap room which should be common knowledge for these talkheads. God, I hate First Take, SAS, and Skip. The only reason I watched that show was for Dana Jacobsen and they axed her.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Leaving Money on the table?

How motivated by money does CP3 and Howard seem? I would think that both guys would welcome the chance to go to Atlanta and build a dynasty rather than stay in LA with all their dollars and no chance of winning a championship?

Both guys can get commercials and endorsement deals very easily. Atlanta is an up and coming market ready to explode.

IF Dwight goes back to LAL, he's there with the old and the broken down... then he will be in a position where he's in the midst of a rebuild. It's going to be real funky losing to Golden State all the time.

IF CP3 goes back to LAC, he's going to work for somebody who he doesn't trust, he will be farther from family, and he will be playing with a team that he knows is a first round exit every year.

Come on home guys... see the wallpaper.

• Premium Member

I love Stephen A but I'd never take him seriously. Quite frankly I find him to be a bit of a cheese doodle.

Stephen A is stupid but entertaining.

He kinda reminds me of George Jefferson.

I haven't had a chance to listen to the clip yet but it is good that we are actually getting national attention. The more people that know Dwight and CP3 in Atlanta is a real possibility the better.

• Premium Member

It's good that we're getting attention...for one simple reason: if winning is the primary motivating factor, then there is absolutely no better choice than CP3/Horford/Howard. That trio is just as formidable as ANY contender...and it features a dominant center and a dominant PG. That alone is as formidable as any contender, but then you put Horford in between those guys...? It's laughable that a team could be stacked like that.

Stephen A. is just an asshat. The only logical argument you can make is about money...which is all he could say. From a competitive standpoint there are few teams that offer the potential of that lineup - and there are NO individual options for either of them to take outside of teaming up. It was different before both of their situations blew up in their faces in LA, but still an interesting prospect. With the way things have shaped up, it really has to be some idiocy on both their parts not to take this opportunity and run with it.

• Like 2

Have any of you seen the new show that comes on at 11 pm est on ESPN2 called "Nation at Night"? I was watching it on Tuesday night and they were discussing the ATL possibly tampering incident and they asked Broussard what he thought about Howard and Paul in Atlanta. Broussard responded with saying that they will go to Atlanta if their biggest deciding factor is winning as Atlanta is by far their best opportunity to win a title. It was nice to see a commentator finally give some respect to Atlanta and not just blow us off like the trio would be a joke. It's a pretty good show with Max Kellerman, Broussard and Brian Scalabrine commentating. They also have a guest celeb each night. It was Marlon Wayans that night and Michael Rappaport was the guest last night. Best talk show on ESPN in my opinion.

Wow I want to see that show! Never heard of it. How often does it come on?

• Premium Member

I am glad Broussard told the truth: if CP3 and D12 want to win titles then Atlanta is BY FAR the best option out there. They would become the two superstars on the team, Horford is already established as a great third scoring option and an All Star big man and we also have a sixth man of the year in Lou and two first round picks coming up plus Jenkins and Scott from last year's draft.

• Like 3

Yeah, and they just ruined Numbers Never Lie when they put Jameel Hill on there. And of course She was dogging the Hawks. Kept saying no way theyd go to Atlanta. Calling us the always 5th or 6th seeded Hawks. Gotta start somewhere. smdh. And how in the heck does she expect us to get to the top if we continue to put a 5th or 6th seed product on the floor? Hell, what was Miami without Bosh and LBJ? Where was Boston without KG, Pierce and Allen? Dumba..!! I'm hoping Jalen Rose is just on vacation or something. Possibly covering NBA Finals. NNL and around the horn are the only shows I watch on ESPN. OH well..............................

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

What do we learn today Kids?

ESPN will never ever respect Atlanta sports teams period. They will dogged them and whole nine yards.

But they dont talk about how much money we have or new coach that is coming in or We actually got very good GM, but we are just the "Atlanta Hawks" The most hated team in NBA just because we are boring.