• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clippers / Celtics / Doc / Paul Mega Thread: Please post in here, all others will be DELETED

Did we already blow our offseason by not making a run at Doc?

I'd rather take the chance on not knowing if Bud can win with a non-Hall of Fame stacked roster vs already knowing that Doc cannot win without that type of lineup.

and who is leading the charge, none other that CP3.

With a full understanding that free agent Chris Paul wants this deal completed, the Los Angeles Clippers re-engaged the Boston Celtics on the Kevin Garnett-Doc Rivers negotiations on Wednesday afternoon, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--clippers-restart-talks-with-celtics-on-kevin-garnett-doc-rivers-deal-222720148.html

I know that this is Chris Paul related but I'm gonna put it in the NBA forum with the rest of the Clippers / Celtics rumors. If something concrete happens then by all means let's post it in Homecourt, but until then it's just rumors and speculation based on rumors. Automatic message This topic has been moved from "HomeCourt" to "Around The NBA".

• Premium Member

Just saw the latest reports that state flat out CP3 is behind the scenes strong arming the Clippers front office into talking trade with Boston to bring Doc and KG there. Not exactly a good sign for our chances of luring him here.

• Moderators

So how is this not tampering? If you are working under the direction of a free agent to meet his wishes in order to sign with your team?

This will happen. There is no question in my mind at this point. I still wonder if we couldn't have had Doc and Paul here in Atlanta had we not jumped at Bud so fast.

Stating the obvious, but the second this deal goes through, Dolfan - you can take down the beautifully crafted but ill-fated big 3 graphic.

As I said before, we're going to have to draft savvy like the Spurs and cultivate our own homegrown talent. As painful and potentially prolonged that is, I pray that's the route vs. burning cap space on any of those second tier FAs. Not a single one excites me.

So how is this not tampering? If you are working under the direction of a free agent to meet his wishes in order to sign with your team? This will happen. There is no question in my mind at this point. I still wonder if we couldn't have had Doc and Paul here in Atlanta had we not jumped at Bud so fast.

All indications had Doc going back to Boston or not coaching. For Doc to even consider coming to Atlanta he would have had to have assurances that both CP AND DH would be coming here - the only way he knows is if he speaks to them. There are just too many moving parts. Doc wants to coach a championship team - In a similar scenario for the Hawks, Boston would probably want Al/JJ and picks. So we have a roster of DH, CP and KG - that leaves too many holes to fill.I said it before and I'll keep saying it - CP3 and D12 are NOT coming to Atlanta, I also said I'll eat crow if it happens, lol.

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#YsEe1hKgz5U7fXGl.99

These are not separate moves, they are as intertwined as ever. Doc will not go to Clippers without KG tagging along and KG is not waving is NTC without Doc going to Clippers.

David Stern needs to step in and not approve this trade for 'basketball reasons.'

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

I know this sounds a little insane, but if I were the Clips, I'd be asking Bledsoe how ready is he to start for the Clips. Trading a young player and two firsts would cripple this teams future. They wouldn't have a center (or PF/SF, depending where they play Griffin and KG) unless they are looking to add a cut PP on the MLE. Then you have to ask is two years of old Celtics worth setting the team back 5 years. Is CP3 really worth it. IDK, seems like a high risk, medium reward situation.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#YsEe1hKgz5U7fXGl.99

These are not separate moves, they are as intertwined as ever. Doc will not go to Clippers without KG tagging along and KG is not waving is NTC without Doc going to Clippers.

David Stern needs to step in and not approve this trade for 'basketball reasons.'

Paul would flip and bring on the full force of the NBPA. To get shafted twice by Stern in 2 years would be hilarious.

Edited by MaceCase

David Stern on Stephen A. Smith radio show about the deal: "I would say in the language of diplomacy that the teams are aware that the collective bargaining agreement doesn't authorize trades involving coaches contracts. The only consideration that can be done here in players transactions are other players, draft picks and a very limited amount of cash. But, coaches contacts don't qualify as extra consideration or acceptable consideration in player transactions. The teams know that."

Yeah its not happening. Stern gives and takes away. Funny the same Clippers fans that loved Stern for allowing them to acquire CP3, now hate him for possible "causing" him to leave.

The NBA Commish said it can't happen even if they do two different deals. Posted Image

Lets bring them on in....Posted Image

• Like 2