• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clippers / Celtics / Doc / Paul Mega Thread: Please post in here, all others will be DELETED

Well no worries now! Check this out: http://m.basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/228259/nba-informs-clippers-celtics-blockbuster-trade-won-t-be-approved Seems like things are working out for the hawks cause I know this upsets Paul. For him to push that deal he's obviously not happy with the roster and the clipps have no cap space to make him happy really.

I just want us to have a chance for Ferry-Bud to put our bid (meetings) in for Dwight/CP3. If they then decline I would be OK with it. Hopefully if this fails we will be able to.

Exactly and that's all I want...just for ferry and bud to get a chance to give them. If they say no than cool that lets me know that the hawks are trying and I already know they are but that would be an official report.

Well no worries now! Check this out: http://m.basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/228259/nba-informs-clippers-celtics-blockbuster-trade-won-t-be-approved Seems like things are working out for the hawks cause I know this upsets Paul. For him to push that deal he's obviously not happy with the roster and the clipps have no cap space to make him happy really.

I'll take a wait and see.

• Moderators
  • Like 1

A coach cannot be traded for players so it has to be draft picks.If they are putting the KG trade on hold what's the compensation to the Celts for allowing Doc out of his 3yr contract?

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

A coach cannot be traded for players so it has to be draft picks.If they are putting the KG trade on hold what's the compensation to the Celts for allowing Doc out of his 3yr contract?

According to what Stern said, I thought that coached can't be traded at all, not even for draft picks under the new CBA.

I hope this doesn't happen. I don't know if its possible to hate the celts anymore than I already do but if they pull this crap and screw out meeting with cp and Dwight ...ill hate them even more lol

• Premium Member

No, it has happened before and the language of the CBA has not changed to disallow it. It is really the combined "I will allow future contract changes continget upon this move being made" issue that made this deal fall through as currently constructed. It can still go through in different ways, just not as currently constructed.

So I guess Stern should elaborate on this statement:"The teams are aware that the collective bargaining agreement doesnt authorize trades involving coaches contracts", Stern told ESPN Radio in New York. Edited by Jody23

• Premium Member

Ideally for us we went this deal to fall through and have it be revealed that it was Donald Sterlling's notorious cheapness that was the real reason for it. That would hopefully get CP3 to want to leave and come here.

• Like 1