• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: USA Today Sports : Rockets want both Howard and Smoove

ATLscrubLove

• Premium Member

Yeah, Asik is not better than Josh and would eat up too much cap space and hurt the chances of landing a top pick to boot.

Lin/Al/Asik is a joke.

Asik is signed for 8.something this season. That's cheap for a guy that can get you 10/9.

Chandler is the non-negotiable part of the trade.

Asik/Horf/Chandler may not be what you want, but it's not exactly a joke.

If Ferry doesn't want Asik he can flip him to another team for assets/picks. Asik himself is also an asset - A traditional center who counts 8 million against the cap - at that price he is a steal.Don't want Lin.

If Ferry doesn't want Asik he can flip him to another team for assets/picks. Asik himself is also an asset - A traditional center who counts 8 million against the cap - at that price he is a steal.Don't want Lin.

I remember how much Coach Bud has emphasized rebounding since he has arrived so I'm sure he would interest them. Agree, no Lin.

• Admin

We are not getting Chandler so that convo should go away. Asik brings defense and rebounding. He is a very solid center and we should do the deal if it does not involve Lin. I like the Asik, Jones and first idea but don't want Lin. He is a backup player with a bad contract.

We are not getting Chandler so that convo should go away. Asik brings defense and rebounding. He is a very solid center and we should do the deal if it does not involve Lin. I like the Asik, Jones and first idea but don't want Lin. He is a backup player with a bad contract.

Count me in. Also wonder if Lakers tried to entice DH to stay if they traded for Josh? That's been beat to death as far as trade possibilities but the Lakers may be more motivated if that is the case. But what can they offer?

Count me in. Also wonder if Lakers tried to entice DH to stay if they traded for Josh? That's been beat to death as far as trade possibilities but the Lakers may be more motivated if that is the case. But what can they offer?

I would love to have Pau. He's an expiring contract and hopefully we could get a good deal on him next year. He could finish his career with the team that drafted him.

A SnT with LA will most likely involve Gasol - we either keep him as an expiring or try to flip him to Minny or Toronto for assets (they've been wanting Gasol for awhile, not sure if they still do tho). Who would we want from Minny/Toronto.

I would love to have Pau. He's an expiring contract and hopefully we could get a good deal on him next year. He could finish his career with the team that drafted him.

He comes full circle - I like, lol.

I wouldn't mind getting gasol from lakers for smoove then flipping to minny or raptors for expirings and picks. If we kept Gasol he would keep us too competitive and remaining a 5-8th seed in the east. I don't want that. I want to beat Danny Ainge for last. I'm pissed at the Celts for the Doc situation and have it in for Snake Ainge. Always hated that stupid leprechaun.

It could be the Rockets sending Lin and/or Asik to another team and us getting a player from that team in a separate deal. I'd like Asik but I have a hard time believing the ASG will pay him $15 million real (not cap) dollars in 2014. If they would then he's the guy I'd want as he's got a great cap # at $8.3 million each of the next 2 seasons and he's an elite rebounder, a true 7 footer and if you believe Morey and his advanced stats group, a top 5 defensive C.

I'm starting to think Danny is not waiting for D12 but waiting for Houston to figure out if they need to trade Asik to Atlanta. I'm thinking it would be a three-way trade with Lin going to Lakers or somewhere like that in the West. Also, Corey Brewer is probably the Free Agent signing of the season for Atlanta (http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/corey_brewer).

Wow this guys needs to be fired / castrated / something appropriate...

• Like 2

Hopefully we can trade JSmoove for Asik/Jones(or Motie)/2014 and 2015 1st rounders.

Asik/Muscala/Lucas

Horford/Scott/Jones(or Motie)

FA (Brewer?)

Jenkins/Lou

Teague/Dennis

It's a good thing I'm not a GM because there ain't no way in HELL I'm going to put everything on the table trying to get Dwight Howard and then, when he breaks my heart and tells me no, turn around and help another damn team help get him instead. I don't care how much it helps my team. I'm petty!

DatWerkk: PETTINESS LIVES HERE!

• Like 1

• Admin

It's a good thing I'm not a GM because there ain't no way in HELL I'm going to put everything on the table trying to get Dwight Howard and then, when he breaks my heart and tells me no, turn around and help another damn team help get him instead. I don't care how much it helps my team. I'm petty!

DatWerkk: PETTINESS LIVES HERE!

Yes, it is a good thing you are not the GM

Edited by capstone21

• Premium Member

Or. alternatively, would you hold your ground and flat-out reject Morey's inquiry?

(Oops... sorry... I see that this discussion is already well underway in the USA Today post.... feel free to delete, mods.)

Edited by sturt