• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks have matched Teague offer sheet

yungsta

Where do you all rank Teague in terms of point guards in the NBA and how many teams would value him as a starter to trade for?

Without looking anything up.

Paul, Rondo, Parker, Westbrook, Rubio, Rose, Lillard, Williams, Lawson, and Conley are all better.

Holliday is slightly better in my mind. So, top 12 in the league.

• Moderators

So the team is basically swapping Josh Smith for Paul Millsap (which could be an upgrade for the team, but not making us contenders), and still have a questionable bench.

Pretty much.

Without looking anything up.

Paul, Rondo, Parker, Westbrook, Rubio, Rose, Lillard, Williams, Lawson, and Conley are all better.

Holliday is slightly better in my mind. So, top 12 in the league.

Kyrie, Wall, Deron?

Teague is a little above or equal to Dragic, Hill, Knight, Chalmers, Jennings, etc. I don't think Teague is officially in the top 15 conversation.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I don't think this re-signing puts anything into a clearer focus.

I think it puts the intent not to tank into very clear focus. If you are saying that this was already clear after Korver/Millsap then I agree with you, but a lot of people seemed to think Ferry was possible trying to tank even after those moves.

As far as this not putting Ferry's plan to make this team a contender into clearer focus, I agree. I am still confused where he thinks this team is going but I am perfectly clear it isn't going to the top of the lottery in 2014.

Stephen Curry.

Thanks.

In no order PGs who are better:

Rondo

Paul

Rose

Kyrie

Curry

Parker

Westbrook

Rubio

Lillard

Williams

Lawson

Conley

Wall

Jrue

That is 14 right there, with so many others equaled to Teague. He is at the bottom half of the starters in the league.

Guys like Jennings, Thomas, Dragic, Knight, Hill, all could have a case of being equal.

Edited by RWF

Kyrie, Wall, Deron?

Teague is a little above or equal to Dragic, Hill, Knight, Chalmers, Jennings, etc. I don't think Teague is officially in the top 15 conversation.

I forgot Kyrie and Wall. I did have Deron in there. Top 15 is the top half. Y

Thanks.

In no order PGs who are better:

Rondo

Paul

Rose

Kyrie

Curry

Parker

Westbrook

Rubio

Lillard

Williams

Lawson

Conley

Wall

Jrue

That is 14 right there, with so many others equaled to Teague. He is at the bottom half of the starters in the league.

Guys like Jennings, Thomas, Dragic, Knight, Hill, all could have a case of being equal.

I haven't seen enough of Knight and Thomas to really know about them.

• Moderators

My ranks (not in perfect order):

Tier 1

Chris Paul

Tier 2

Russell Westbrook

Stephen Curry

Deron Williams

Tony Parker

Derrick Rose

Kyrie Irving

Rajon Rondo

Tier 3

Mike Conley

Ty Lawson

Ricky Rubio

Damian Lillard

John Wall

Jrue Holliday

14 clearly better than Teague

Tier 4

Goran Dragic

Brandon Jennings

Jeff Teague

Steve Nash

Kyle Lowry

Jose Calderon

George Hill

Tier 5

Kemba Walker

Isaiah Thomas

Jeremy Lin

Nate Robinson

Jarrett Jack

Andre Miller

Ramon Sessions

Eric Bledsoe

Grievas Vasquez

etc.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

Jarrett Jack averaged 13 PPG, 5.6 APG on 45% shooting and and 40% in 3's in only 29 MPG. Is Teague even better than JJ?

I'll probably give the edge to Teague, but its pretty close.

8 million is a fairly high price for Teague. Not really overpriced, but not a bargain.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Either way, we are paying a guy that I don't see jumping any of the top 10 (Paul, Rose, Rondo, Parker, Westbrook, Kyrie, Curry, Deron, Conley, Lawson) with Lillard, Wall and Rubio all knocking on the door too.

Everyone above has been thrown in as rookies if I remember correctly, so instead of playing our rookie on a non-championship contending roster, we signed a bottom half of the league's starter PG for 4 more years?

Edited by RWF

Teague could easily be considered a top 15 pg and he does alot of stuff right. I like bringing him back over bringing in anyone else even for 8 million.

If we could have brought in Jennings on a one year deal (which I see Bucks giving him now), that would keep us competitive and starter Dennis after the season (or if he is ready during this season), with no harm to our cap space with Jennings.

Now with Teague, in order for Dennis to take over, it will either be 4 years from now, or if one of the 5 teams that doesn't have a clear upgrade over Teague wants him.

Well, let me clarify my position. I think he's made moves to keep us in the low middle. These moves could get us into the playoffs (which I guess management wants) or will at least get us into the fray for the 7-8th seed. Because of the fact that the middle is the absolute worst position to be in I'm not sure why he'd do this.

Overall, if this is his attempt at building a contender we should fire him immediately.

Can Teague be traded soon?