• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks have matched Teague offer sheet

yungsta

• Premium Member

Good news. If we want to trade him in a couple years we have a good PG on a reasonable contract.Teague and Schröder would be a small back court. but Teague did play off the ball in college. So it's possible he can do it here too if it's an appropriate matchup.

8M is a very fair deal and Teague is only improvingWith smoove gone he should break out...no more calling for ball just to have smoove not pass to him and instead take it 3/4 of the court himself...no more smoove to complain after Teague has an efficient 20+ point gameWe waited so long bc that's what teams do to discourage making offers to your RFAs

• Like 1

The league has plenty of quality PG's. Not sure he will be a huge trade asset.

Out biggest Free Agent acquisition is D League Teague...well I guess it is better than nothing...not much but somewhat...So do we have some cap space to still go after Dalembert? What a weak ass Free agency period...

Millsap might be better than Teague.

The league has plenty of quality PG's. Not sure he will be a huge trade asset. Millsap might be better than Teague.

Exactly my point..."might be"...pretty darn sad and I am a very unhappy Hawks fan...we have gone from mediocrity to mediocrity...I just don't get it...there is nothing that is guaranteed with the whole tank philosophy and we seem to know our role and get in line behind all the other real "players" in the NBA! Good friggin' Times Hawks fans! "Danny Ferry...Now you know"!!!

Good news. If we want to trade him in a couple years we have a good PG on a reasonable contract.Teague and Schröder would be a small back court. but Teague did play off the ball in college. So it's possible he can do it here too if it's an appropriate matchup.

Lol what in the hell. Why in the world would they ever play Teague and Schröder at the same time? I mean seriously, you talk about matchups but if it was a small line up why wouldnt it be Lou or Jenkins playing the 2 rather than our backup pg smfh. With that said, I'm going to assume that comment was a typo just poorly delivered because that couldn't have been serious. Here's a hilarious line-up from what I have read in recent weeks on the forum. Center (who ever)AlMillsapJenkinsTeagueOrAlMillsapKorverTeagueSchroederIve never seen such buffoonery lol

My guess we might have been trying to get Jennings or Mo Williams at a reasonable price/reasonable length contract and it didn't work out so we kept Teague since he's good enough for the time being and we'll trade him with a couple years left on his contract. Otherwise, why wouldn't we have known whether or not we wanted to match immediately? Why would we have been waiting for two days?

My guess we might have been trying to get Jennings or Mo Williams at a reasonable price/reasonable length contract and it didn't work out so we kept Teague since he's good enough for the time being and we'll trade him with a couple years left on his contract. Otherwise, why wouldn't we have known whether or not we wanted to match immediately? Why would we have been waiting for two days?

One reason you don't match is to make the other team wait while you negotiate with others players to get the best player at the best price you can.And if we didn't match it would be untrue we get back nothing in return. We get the leaving players salary which we can spend in somebody else. Under a team salary cap structure that is something important. There is a reason teams trade for players with expiring contracts.I hope this works. I don't think Teague at 8 million is bad. Would have been better at 6 million. I wonder what and if we offered Jennings or Mo Williams.Hawk88

Honestly I have no clue what Ferry is doing anymore. With these moves it's showing that he has no clear vision for this team.

• Premium Member

Lol what in the hell. Why in the world would they ever play Teague and Schröder at the same time? I mean seriously, you talk about matchups but if it was a small line up why wouldnt it be Lou or Jenkins playing the 2 rather than our backup pg smfh. With that said, I'm going to assume that comment was a typo just poorly delivered because that couldn't have been serious. Here's a hilarious line-up from what I have read in recent weeks on the forum. Center (who ever)AlMillsapJenkinsTeagueOrAlMillsapKorverTeagueSchröderIve never seen such buffoonery lol

It's going to be important to get Schröder enough minutes to develop and still get Teague his starters minutes. Lou is our 6th man and I'm not 100 percent sold on Jenkins being our starting 2 guard. He basically is penciled in there because we don't have anyone else.I never said it was an ideal lineup, it's just something we could do. Fact is, Teague isn't your classic point guard and I highly doubt he would mind playing off the ball every once in awhile, it's what he did at WF.

Exactly my point..."might be"...pretty darn sad and I am a very unhappy Hawks fan...we have gone from mediocrity to mediocrity...I just don't get it...there is nothing that is guaranteed with the whole tank philosophy and we seem to know our role and get in line behind all the other real "players" in the NBA! Good friggin' Times Hawks fans! "Danny Ferry...Now you know"!!!

I would have signed Mo Williams. He can play 30 mins or 25 mins and probably wouldn't complain and he would be cheap. Good enough until Dennis was ready for the job.

• Like 1