• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Scary win

capstone21

• Admin

Tough win tonight

lapse in the 4th almost cost us...lack of d, bad plays and turnovers...ugh

Milsap and Horford dominated Sac's bigs

Cousins shows why he is never going to be a star .... he needs to mature a lot and hustle more. He has the potential to be one of the best bigs in the league but instead intends to be a coaches headache... hope that changes for this kid

JT got in the lane at will

Dennis has shown that he can pass and penetrate but man his shot selection is bad.

• Like 1

Also, surprised the Scott didn't get in the game

I agree. Scott would have been a good choice for some minutes. He is panning out to be a good offensive player off the bench. I thought we played to much bench in the 4th quarter. With the lack of offense from our bench, Martin, Carroll, Antić, Brand, plus Schröder, we really can't afford to go long stretches without at least two of our best four ( Korver, Teague, Horford, and Millsap ) on the floor.

Good win on the road; but like you said it got scary after building up a good lead. Hopefully with Ayón and eventually Lou back, our bench will not have big lapses.

Edited by Buzzard

Given we don't have a go-to scorer, these sorts of nights are going to happen. As Buzz said, once Lou gets back our offense will improve, possibly significantly.

I agree Cousins has NO mental toughness at all. What a waste of physical talent. In the post game interviews he wouldn't even answer questions about Horford.

I liked what both our PGs showed last night. I beginning to get on the Jeff Teague band-wagon, but I still have flashbacks to last year's edition of JT when he just fell off the map in the 2nd half.

Given we don't have a go-to scorer, these sorts of nights are going to happen. As Buzz said, once Lou gets back our offense will improve, possibly significantly.

I agree Cousins has NO mental toughness at all. What a waste of physical talent. In the post game interviews he wouldn't even answer questions about Horford.

I liked what both our PGs showed last night. I beginning to get on the Jeff Teague band-wagon, but I still have flashbacks to last year's edition of JT when he just fell off the map in the 2nd half.

I would have been upset tooPunchingBalls

Edited by rd79

• Premium Member

As bad as we need a center, I would NEVER want to see Cousins in a Hawks uniform. The Kings were clearly a better team without him on the court. How can someone have sooo much talent and waste it? I knew he had some growing up to do coming out of college, but he's been in the league for a while now so that excuse is getting thin. This guy will join the ranks of Benoit Benjamin and Eddie Curry if he does not get his act together.

i believe cousins problem is that the kings have him as first option and team leader, i could imagine him much better as second option(or third if you can manage it anyhow with the salarys).

He is not a dude for a max contract, but if the hawks can etablich an frontcourt with him and horford i am pretty sure he would be a good addition to the team.

• Premium Member

It was a nail biter when it didn't have to be that's for sure. Those missed free throws almost cost us the game.

I will say that last night is what I was hoping and praying to see in terms of Millsap and Horford working together. They both played great and just feasted on the Kings.

• Moderators

We closed it out though. We hit some sloppy play and bad luck but we're still learning. I"m not that upset we blew a big lead. I'm happy we had a big lead to blow (that didn't sound great)

All I could think at the end of that game is : who in the hell still wishes that was smoove out there instead of milsap? Step back 3 that he drains. Floaters in the lanes. great assists, good rebounds.

3 double, doubles on the road from our 3 best players.

Go Hawks.

• Like 1

Also, surprised the Scott didn't get in the game

He was only effective in pre-season bc other teams lacked size. He has a good shot and should see more minutes against smaller teams.

I have a feeling that Elton Brand is a waste of time. The dude looks completely washed up to me.

Not sure about that. He's a veteran that is on the team to be a leader in the locker room. When was the last time the Hawks a player like him? Stackhouse? His role is to mentor Al and Ayón when he returns. Can't say Brand is a complete bust. He was solid the first game.

He was only effective in pre-season bc other teams lacked size. He has a good shot and should see more minutes against smaller teams.

Not sure about that. He's a veteran that is on the team to be a leader in the locker room. When was the last time the Hawks a player like him? Stackhouse? His role is to mentor Al and Ayón when he returns. Can't say Brand is a complete bust. He was solid the first game.

Mentor Al and Ayón? Al doesn't need Elton and Ayón is roster filler most likely.

• Like 1