• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague and Schröder

jmac54

• Premium Member

Teague improved.

His passing is better. Not good but better.

He understands the game.

He can be very aggressive.

He is a good player.

He still has limited PG skills and I am not impressed at all in him.

Dennis looks like a young Gary Payton.

I hear Rondo but Dennis has more build than Rondo and his game is more based around all around skill than just running an offense and passing.

Dennis seems to really play like GP.

He can do it all.

He got that mindset GP had and the same skill-set.

I really don't like the Rondo comparison because I really felt Rondo could have been a bust in most situations.

Dennis like GP was going to be great anywhere.

Jeff and Paul will likely be traded.

I can see one of them getting traded for Asik.

It's going to happen sooner than later.

Just the way it is.

Another great call!! LOL!

Well, Gee whiz. We Have Dennis. Why keep JT when we have Dennis?Tonight, in the stats, JT was a +18 and Dennis was a -8. JT had a double / doubleand scored over 30, as compared to 1 for Dennis, who also had a bunch of turnovers.At least the Hawks are back on track.GO HAWKS!!

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

Best case scenario is that we are able to build up our young draft picks and turn them into stars or higher draft picks by trading them to teams based on their potential. I don't think Teague is going anywhere or at least I hope not. If he ever becomes a good or better defender he would be a legit top 5 PG.

I'm still firmly behind Schröder though. He's shown his great court vision with some passes that are tremendous. Right now the game is too fast for him and he's trying to do too much, plus he's not comfortable taking a shot to really keep the D honest.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

This is what actual competition does. You have to bust your ass to keep your job and Teague is finally busting his ass. I also can't help but wonder how much of this aggression and confidence distributing is DIRECTLY related to CHUCK MCCHUCKERSON no longer on this team. No one is chewing Jeff out now for not letting them keep shooting long 2 after long 2.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

This is what actual competition does. You have to bust your ass to keep your job and Teague is finally busting his ass. I also can't help but wonder how much of this aggression and confidence distributing is DIRECTLY related to CHUCK MCCHUCKERSON no longer on this team. No one is chewing Jeff out now for not letting them keep shooting long 2 after long 2.

I think Coach Bud needs to get more credit. Everyone, not just Teague, is busting their asses out there this year. They seem to have bought into the system. Helps when you come from what everyone knows is the best coached team in the NBA today.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

We have known since the CHicago playoff series that Teague can be really good. That was his coming out party. However, we let Smoove make Teague irrelevant.

Personally, I don't think Dennis is competition in this offense. Dennis may be a very good defender one day but the same problems he has always had (decision making) will be the same problems he will continue to have. His best case scenerio is Brevin Knight. Great floor general who can't score. I don't mind holding on to Dennis but while he's still attractive as trade material, I would trade him for the right player.

• Like 1

We have known since the CHicago playoff series that Teague can be really good. That was his coming out party. However, we let Smoove make Teague irrelevant.

Personally, I don't think Dennis is competition in this offense. Dennis may be a very good defender one day but the same problems he has always had (decision making) will be the same problems he will continue to have. His best case scenerio is Brevin Knight. Great floor general who can't score. I don't mind holding on to Dennis but while he's still attractive as trade material, I would trade him for the right player.

I agree with all of this. This is a knife that cuts both ways and the ways are good. You have a decent backup PG on a cheap rookie deal; that's a win. Should some GM fall in love with Schröeder and offer us a gold mine type pick or player, that's a win also.

Edited by Buzzard

Dennis struggles since his suspension. Before that he looked like good for me.

He's got some bad games now. I think he's not that familiar with his teammates, YET.

Teague gets a lot of his assists from pick and rolls with al. They are playing together for 4+ years now. It's clear that Dennis couldn't match this in 8 games. Lots of Dennis passes aren't shot very well - despite of open looks. That's because his teammates don't know him that well, too - and sometimes look quite surprised when they suddenly have the ball in their hands - additionally it's a difference who else is on the court to score from your assists...This should not excuse his bad performances last 3 games, (especially his shooting), but maybe it explains something.

The point is the hardest position for rookies and so he should be allowed to develop. I hope coach Bud does.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Er...what? He doesn't have a problem with decision making. His best assets are his court vision, passing and defense. He seems to have the typical Euro mindset that we saw in young Boris Diaw that he'll pass out of an easy shot just to get a pass to another teammate for a wide open shot. Sometimes you just have to shoot the ball and not pass. Hopefully Dennis will make that adjustment and we'll see his scoring go up.

• Like 1

Er...what? He doesn't have a problem with decision making. His best assets are his court vision, passing and defense. He seems to have the typical Euro mindset that we saw in young Boris Diaw that he'll pass out of an easy shot just to get a pass to another teammate for a wide open shot. Sometimes you just have to shoot the ball and not pass. Hopefully Dennis will make that adjustment and we'll see his scoring go up.

....as he throws another wild pass that isn't even close right to a defender lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The trashing of Dennis is funny and ridiculous all at the same time. Some are acting like he's reached he's ceiling at the old age of 20 and isn't going to get any better. I get we've got some hardcore Teague fans here and we all should be happy with his play thus far. But I don't get why it means we bash the rookie for his struggles. Like any rookie, he's going to look bad at times. But he's also going to have games where you see his talent shine thru. Then what will be said? I'll be glad if we end up with two really good point guards because it will give us more assets to improve the team.

• Like 2

The trashing of Dennis is funny and ridiculous all at the same time. Some are acting like he's reached he's ceiling at the old age of 20 and isn't going to get any better. I get we've got some hardcore Teague fans here and we all should be happy with his play thus far. But I don't get why it means we bash the rookie for his struggles. Like any rookie, he's going to look bad at times. But he's also going to have games where you see his talent shine thru. Then what will be said? I'll be glad if we end up with two really good point guards because it will give us more assets to improve the team.

Personally I have not said ANYTHING that wasn't true. I voice my opinion on obvious observations. Not once have I said Dennis should lose minutes, or that he will never amount to anything. On the other hand u have dudes riding the rooks sack, bigging him up for traits that he has not shown to be an asset against real competition.

People say he's such a great passer and floor general. I've only seen a few flashy passes and a bunch of dumb wild passes that result in turnovers. He looks surprised when people actually play defense, and he looks lost and throws a random terrible pass

People say he's so athletic and quick. Yet he couldn't take a defender off the dribble if his life depended on it, and if his little cousin was drowning in the paint, he couldn't save him because he'll struggle to get there lol

People say he's a young Rondo forgetting Rondo excels at every aspect of the game besides jumpers. He always could score in the paint. Dennis is only good for a few flashy passes here and there right now. Thats it. He can't shoot or score in any other way consistently.

Show me something youngin. That's all I gotta say

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 1

I figure Dennis would be dropping triple doubles by now. He has played in 8 NBA games already. Time to show us something kid. We don't have all day here. If he doesn't hold the Knicks to 0 pts, score 100 pts, grab 100 rebs and dish out 1000 asts tonight vs Knicks. It is time to cut him. We have given him enough time to prove himself.

• Like 2

I figure Dennis would be dropping triple doubles by now. He has played in 8 NBA games already. Time to show us something kid. We don't have all day here. If he doesn't hold the Knicks to 0 pts, score 100 pts, grab 100 rebs and dish out 1000 asts tonight vs Knicks. It is time to cut him. We have given him enough time to prove himself.

Please tell me that is not how u interpreted Cwell's post

Edited by Bonkers

• Premium Member

I hear you! lol! These fans are funny...The same people wanted Teague traded or not resigned,

Well we have to consider a few extra things when judging Dennis Schröder ATM. Last weeks it was said he gained 14 pounds of muscles since being with the Hawks and runs extra-training routines to continue buffing up. Also consider he comes out of a league with much softer play and only one official game a week. Now he plays with top athletes and every second day almost. This has on a short-term averse fatigue effects, which also translates into precision and decision making.

Buffing up in such a short period is also having a negative effect on your shooting, since the entire muscle-memory that you trained your jump-shot with all your years growing up is completely messed up. Thats also why you see many shooters(take Nowitzki)refusing to buff up in order to not endanger their trained shot. Dennis surely needs to buff up in his role, and needs to continue working on his shot while adjusting. Thats a hard task but he has to when he wants to succeed in this league. His game by now is to one dimensional which is deadly for the game he wants to play.

But he has time on his side and hopefully a sturdy head on his sholders. Such difficult times can also build character.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 2

Well we have to consider a few extra things when judging Dennis Schröder ATM. Last weeks it was said he gained 14 pounds of muscles since being with the Hawks and runs extra-training routines to continue buffing up. Also consider he comes out of a league with much softer play and only one official game a week. Now he plays with top athletes and every second day almost. This has on a short-term averse fatigue effects, which also translates into precision and decision making.

Buffing up in such a short period is also having a negative effect on your shooting, since the entire muscle-memory that you trained your jump-shot with all your years growing up is completely messed up. Thats also why you see many shooters(take Nowitzki)refusing to buff up in order to not endanger their trained shot. Dennis surely needs to buff up in his role, and needs to continue working on his shot while adjusting. Thats a hard task but he has to when he wants to succeed in this league. His game by now is to one dimensional which is deadly for the game he wants to play.

But he has time on his side and hopefully a sturdy head on his sholders. Such difficult times can also built character.

I was thinking the same when thinking about Jeff's shooting, but Dennis couldn't hit the broad side of a barn during summer league before he put on weight. His shooting form is just hideous