• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Jeff Green trade rumors

lethalweapon3

I don't see how this would make us any better or any worse. Green's contract doesn't line up with what Ferry has been trying to do here. Doesn't make sense.

Makes sense if we are dumping Lou.

Count me in the I'd rather have DMC for a fraction of the cost. The only way I'd do this is if we could dump Lou Williams on them.

State wise... The only thing he does that Carroll does not do is score more... But Green has been Boston's first option basically.... 16PPG on 41% shooting is less than stellar. It's basically what Teague is doing now.

• Like 1

Boston fans seem to think we are including our 2014 1st...hahahaha.

The most I would offer is:

Teague for Green (they might be trading Rondo)

Lou/Brand for Green.

Nothing about Grren excites me....same passice/aggressive approach to the game as Teague.

dealing with danny ainge getting green will start and end with us including a 1st rounder. whether its this year's or in the future. This is why I have no interest in green. If Ferry includes a 1st rounder for such a mediocre player that is slightly overpaid I will lose even more faith in Ferry.

• Like 1

State wise... The only thing he does that Carroll does not do is score more... But Green has been Boston's first option basically.... 16PPG on 41% shooting is less than stellar. It's basically what Teague is doing now.

DMC has similar stats since January. I'd rather keep DMC at this salary. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Whoever is talking about Rondo coming along too is dreaming.Green is okay I guess but I don't know if he brings enough value to sacrifice DMC. Contracts matter.Having said that, there is something to be said about getting better if Lou is somehow included in a package. I feel so terrible giving up on a guy that gave us a hometown discount fresh off an award-winning season, but as long as he's playing significant minutes, Dennis is going nowhere.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Man I'd hate to lose DMC. He's on a terrific contract and performs above that level on a regular basis. Not a fan of Jeff Green either. This doesn't seem like a Danny Ferry trade unless there's more to it.

Dol I would say DMC is mentioned because of the salary matchup issues to make a deal work. It would not make sense to trade DMC unless it is a big time trade and Green is not big time.

The funny thing is that before we really got to see DMC, I was on the "why" train. Having been able to watch him closely all year, he is exactly the kind of player that the team values probably more than fans. I like and have always liked Jeff Green enough...but not enough to merit giving up DMC. (UNLESS: Lou becomes an ex-Hawk along with him).

Oh wonderful, my second favorite time of the year. Trade deadline with all the unfounded trade rumors you could ever ask for! Perfect to fill up the quota of clicks for a sports website when there is not much going on in the sporting world. Hopefully Sochi can quiet the rumors this year some.

• Moderators

Hell, Mack didn't play in the last game vs. Memphis and Bud was showcasing Lou hard... Maybe Mack is already agreed upon and there was uncertainty on Boston's end on Lou? And Boston wants Demarre; doesn't mean that Ferry is offering him.

And just a thought, but who better to mentor Rondo's German doppelganger that Rondo himself?

Rondo, Horford, and Sap is the start of something special... IF we were to go after Rondo too. Teague would also have to agree to be traded to the Celtics. IDK if that happens.

Found this:

Green was rumored to be trade talks between Atlanta and Celtics vice president of basketball operations Danny Ainge while Rondo’s name was again in trade rumors involving the Knicks.

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2014/02/09/dirk-nowitzki-vince-carter-too-much-for-rajon-rondo-celtics/