• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Danny Ferry needs to be fired

NBASupes

We have below average overall talent with Horford on the squad.

We have no future outside of Dennis and maybe Bebe.

There are about 10-12 teams in the EAST in better positions for their future than the Hawks. We are a f***ing joke with no money once we sign our mid 1st, Bebe, and Mike Scott.

He's worse than Sund and BK. Sund was status quo while BK had a great vision with crap drafting.

Ferry has a style he wants to play in mind of the talent of the squad isn't close to where it needs to be. Not even slightly close.

• Like 1

We have below average overall talent with Horford on the squad.We have no future outside of Dennis and maybe Bebe.There are about 10-12 teams in the EAST in better positions for their future than the Hawks. We are a f***ing joke with no money once we sign our mid 1st, Bebe, and Mike Scott. He's worse than Sund and BK. Sund was status quo while BK had a great vision with crap drafting.Ferry has a style he wants to play in mind of the talent of the squad isn't close to where it needs to be. Not even slightly close.

There are not 10-12 teams with a better future than ours.

People say the same thing every year yet here they are still begging for all those teams with forever brighter futures to finally overtake a team that has lost a billion games in row.......yet they can't. If that's an indictment on the Hawks talent then what does it say about the rest of these teams? Every move made by the Hawks will forever lead to doom yet every move made by anyone else opens up the gates to heaven. The team drastically remodeled in 2 years but no, evidence points more to them being perpetually stuck in a single position while everyone else stays in motion.

• Like 1

Trust me!....he's getting on my damn nerves right now too but it's not all on ferry...let's give him at least until next seasons trade deadline and perhaps next off season to see if he can reel in some talent.

• Premium Member

I can't agree with you supes at least not yet. He needs the offseason to see what he can do in terms of either building up the team or trading it for rebuilding parts. The worst thing he can do is keep us at this mediocre playoff team level that our franchise has been stuck with for going on a decade now.

• Like 2

I can't agree with you supes at least not yet. He needs the offseason to see what he can do in terms of either building up the team or trading it for rebuilding parts. The worst thing he can do is keep us at this mediocre playoff team level that our franchise has been stuck with for going on a decade now.

Being completely honest....I don't see much ferry can do this off season to change this team. The only thing he can really do is make a trade.Now I'm not saying he can't go and sign free agents, of course he can do that but I'm saying there's a 90 percent chance that he can ONLY get an impact player through trade.Hate to be negative but free agency is never on our side and we aren't in a great draft position. So trade is all we have at this point of any REAL hope for a good player. Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Being completely honest....I don't see much ferry can do this off season to change this team. The only thing he can really do is make a trade.Now I'm not saying he can't go and sign free agents, of course he can do that but I'm saying there's a 90 percent chance that he can ONLY get an impact player through trade.Hate to be negative but free agency is never on our side and we aren't in a great draft position. So trade is all we have at this point of any REAL hope for a good player.

I agree with you. I want him to ideally either trade for a superstar and then sell the guy on our system (looking at you Kevin Love) or trade our movable parts for assets and go into rebuilding mode.

Im not sure if the OP is one of them and I dont want to be unfair, but I dont get the lamenting on lack of talent when at the same time people chear the waivings of Josh Smith and Joe Johnson.

Whatever you think of them, these guys are ballers, but indeed with big downsides in their game and money wise.

For what the Hawks where set out to do, its been fantastic this year. Even with those mayor injuries. And there is much praize around the league for the coaching.

I hope some good free agents that fit this system become interested into fitting into join a well oiled machine. Take Monta Ellis who gave up tens of millions to play in a Dallas system where he can finally play to his strengths. Just imagine what this system can do with more talent and less injuries....

Edited by DS17Fanboy

There are not 10-12 teams with a better future than ours.

Miami- Nuff said

Indy- Nuff said

Bulls- Nuff said

Toronto- Young players, potential AS in Demar and Val. Ross is a nice prospect. Lowry is one of the best PG's in the NBA.

Brooklyn- Brook out for the year and they are still much better.

Knicks- Simply because they have Phil and Melo. They could get Bron if he decided to opt in this year.

Charlotte- Much better future. Young players who play key mins in their early 20's and still are in the playoff race. Big Al has been a star for them.

Milwaukee- They have Gianaiss and a top 5 pick in this draft. Enuff said.

Philly- Two potential top 10 picks, MCW who could be one of the best PG's in the NBA and a solid player like Thad Young.

Orlando- Two potential top 10 picks, Oladipo could become a star and Vucci Mane and Harris can he good players with Affalo who is.

Washington- They have a two headed monsters in Wall and Beal. Gortat and Ariza round out a very nice squad. Wall has superstar potential.

Cleveland- As long as they have Kyrie, they are at least equal to us potenially even if they aren't close if Al is healthy.

12 teams.

Please quantify this.

Easy, they aren't that talented. It's nothing exceptionial. They win because of the system, coaching, and work ethic. Look at other teams in the East. Most generally have more talent.

Danny needs a raise

Got us out of Joe's contract got expirings and potential lottery pick (if the Nets fall apart next year)

Got us out of Marvin's contract with an expirings

Finds diamonds in the rough for cheap free agents

Nice steal from the draft with Scott

Signed Sap to an amazing contract ... I mean amazing contract

Recognized Smith was not a long term selection and didn't overpay for him

Hired an excellent coach

Very focused on changing culture here because as a result of Sund, BK and others the Hawks is not a place people want to play at...that it a long term work in progress

Getting out of Joe's contract is clearly his best move, the result of it has not came into fruition.

Marvin for Devin Harris. Seems like a wash.

Only one has a diamond in the rough and he is still a sub role player at best in DMC. Mack is average which is what was expected of him out of college.

Mike Scott plays no defense. He is a poor man's David West with more range. If Jenkins was healthy, that might be his best pick that year. Jenkins before this season looked like a young Dell Curry.

What is so amazing about Sap's deal? He isn't worth much more than that to any team in the NBA. Good PF's are a dime a dozen in the NBA. If he was a true center at that price, then he would be a steal.

Anyone should have seen that a mile away. Nothing special about moving on from Smith. What's special is what Smith got from Det which was STUPID!

He hired a very good coach who could be great. I do agree with that.

No one still wants to play with the Hawks even less than that did with BK. Now we are in the middle and can even sway ppl with more money because wait... We don't got it. :-(

Sorry, I think anyone loving Ferry like @benhillboy have lost their damn minds. Nothing about him has been impressive aside from the Joe trade which is looking better for Brooklyn than us anyway.

We don't have much money. Teague isn't worth much on the open market. Outside of Al, no one on our team is and even Al value has been lowed of late. It's not a positive time to be a Hawks fan. Not that there has been many but this isn't one of them.

Ferry proved to me last year with the Millsap move, he doesn't know what the *bleep* he is doing unless mediocrity is his goal.

I agree with you. I want him to ideally either trade for a superstar and then sell the guy on our system (looking at you Kevin Love) or trade our movable parts for assets and go into rebuilding mode.

It's too late to sell Kevin Love. He would require too many moving pieces and wouldn't stick. Once that trade deadline past, I moved from Kevin Love. One year players just aren't enough. Too many times, they are only willing to sign with a contender or a hot market and we wouldn't be either with Love next year. With Melo potentially going to Chicago or even staying in NY. Bron, etc. It's too risky and he's just not enough regardless if the dream is there Sothron. He's just not enough if moving parts are coming out which they will.

• Premium Member

Danny needs a raise

Got us out of Joe's contract got expirings and potential lottery pick (if the Nets fall apart next year)

Got us out of Marvin's contract with an expirings

Finds diamonds in the rough for cheap free agents

Nice steal from the draft with Scott

Signed Sap to an amazing contract ... I mean amazing contract

Recognized Smith was not a long term selection and didn't overpay for him

Hired an excellent coach

Very focused on changing culture here because as a result of Sund, BK and others the Hawks is not a place people want to play at...that it a long term work in progress

Not so fast my friend.

Got us capspace for Joe and Marvin.

Sounds good but in our hands, Capspace is like giving a child a $50 T-bill for Christmas. Sure, everybody likes $50 dollars, but it won't be nothing for 20 yrs.

Also, I'm not so sure you can point out the great things about Sap's contract. Sap's contract has a definite time limit on it. For us, we have to trade him before next summer. Teams will start to play hardball with us and lowballing us by Dec. So in essence, Sap's contract will have to be moved by this offseason if there's a win to be had. Now, here's the real bummer, if Sap makes it past the deadline, we're dead in the waters, he either becomes a FA or we reup him at more money. Something tells me that allstar Sapp is not going to take anything less than a 4yr deal.

Right now, changing the culture is just words. There's nothing concrete that anybody can point to that can say.... Ferry's changing the culture. IN fact, what Ferry is doing is from the same script as what BK did.

Give Billy Knight credit. (Yes, Billy Knight.) Back in the winter of 2004, as he was dumping salary and trading Rasheed Wallace after one game as a Hawk, the general manager spoke of the need to rearrange more than personnel. “Changing the culture,” was how Knight put it, and here’s what he meant:

• Premium Member

People who don't like the product and /or where it's going, please follow another team. Why would you waste time following a dumb GM and an awful team that doesn't play a lick of defense and is going nowhere? Think about it.Seriously though, for those who actually know something about hooping, there was a great piece on SBNation talking about how the Heat's pressure D is being exposed. Before even clicking on the video, I figured the Hawks would feature. Sure enough, 2 of the Heat's 10 worst defensive rating games are against us. The only other team that has two are the Warriors. Chris Bosh, you know, a two-time champion with a very high BBIQ, mentioned us in how the "short roll" hurts them and how ours was "immaculate". This was after a game against another team. Then our sets with Kyle set the example on how to get open looks in th corner against their overload blitzing.Even with well-below average talent, our offensive system is the best in the East! With Al, we'd be true threats to the Pacers (who have an average at best offense) and Heat (who only score more because of Wade and James FTs) this year!!!! Get that through your thick azz skulls!!!! Any coach with half a brain at any level will tell you the top-assisting team is an impressive one that clearly has great chemistry and is buying everything the coach is selling. You don't even have to watch to know that. I don't like to be combative and nothing personal against anyone but y'all firing me up with this bull&hjt mane.

If you want to know who owns the Heat... The Nets. The Nets are up 3-0 in the reg season. I watched their last game this past week. I know why... To beat the Heat, you have to be big enough to rotate. Heat plays 2-3 pick N Roll as their primary weapon. Everybody on the Nets (even Deron) are big guys who can play multiple position. The Nets has what BK dreamed of and Kidd knows how best to stop them. The Nets will be either 4 or 3 seed. Miami is scared of them in the second round.

Us on the other hand. Have beat them 1 out of 3 times. The 1 we won we had good contributions from Antić and DMC. We also had good help from the bench and they didn't have Wade. Wade has taken his "power pill", he's good til summer.