• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks pursuing Asik

Vol4ever

At least both Horford and Sap have muuuch more of a perimeter game than any of the Det front court but color me skeptical of Sap as a SF.

If we deal for Asik we are in no way parting with a key player or a first round pick. Graymule nailed it that Hou's high leverage point was last year. This is their low leverage point. They may need to pay to unload him and/or Lin.

I've said it before that he should feel comfortable with the fact that he can actually get on the court for considerable minutes with either Sap or Al unlike with Noah and Dwight. If he still wants to run that nonsense that he played in Houston by refusing to accept his role and milking injuries then so be it, he would be an expensive headache but I doubt we'd give anything beyond his salary to get him.

• Moderators

Ferry is putting the blinders on the fans... Houston wants Melo, so they'll trade us Dwight who is a bad fit in Houston and start Asik which opens up the inside! Dwight will be forced to put on a Hawks jersey! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Houston starters:

C - Asik

PF - Sap

SF - Melo

SG - Harden

PG - Beverley

6th - Lou

7th - Lin

Atlanta starters:

C - Howard

PF - Horford

SF - DMC

SG - KK

PG - Teague

6th - Scott

7th - Mack

You could even play Pero at 4 with Dwight on the floor, but in seriousness, Asik is serviceable for us. Trade Sap and Lou (plus pick if needed) for Asik and Parsons. Then we'd have Asik/Horford/Parsons/KK/Teague and they'd have Howard/Sap/?(Melo)?/Harden/Beverley. Even with Asik, we could play Pero at 4 and make Bebe/Muscala our backup 5's.

Then why is DF interested in Asik?

There is no real evidence that he is interested. He just doesn't fit what we are doing. It would have to be a fire sale for us to go for him.

Haas outside game fits better. Said it before, look at Splitter on Spurs. He's not a major force. Plays a role and I think we can find that a lot cheaper than 15 mil

• Like 4

I don't but it. Sacrifice our flexibility for an oft injured 15 million dollar center? Yea right.

The idea of horford at the 4 trying to score against guys quicker than him is hilarious. Stay at the 5 and continue to draw the centers out and go to work. We should have a backup center that we can throw at bigs like gasol and hibbert but horf playing the 5 full time is a no no.

• Premium Member

Asik is a luxury not a necessity. He really does not fit on offense.

I don't know if we know what our offense truly is. I mean, people saw us against Indy and thought that this makeshift offense was all that we had. Here's the truth. When Horf comes back, we have high post pick and roll with Horf and Teague. A true big man to crash the boards and set secondary picks. And a set of shooters in Korver and Sap.. The other thing is that it would definitely sure up our defense.

I know we need to add some interior size..

I just can't over the fact that Houston has the two centers that everyone wanted to be a Hawk and they won 2 playoff games. That size did what for them?

Asik would be nice but not for his salary. I'd rather let Bebe play and spend money on a 2 or 3.

Don't let bad coaching/Chemistry make you misjudge a player. Moreover, it's the playoffs. The worst place to judge.

I just can't over the fact that Houston has the two centers that everyone wanted to be a Hawk and they won 2 playoff games. That size did what for them?

Asik would be nice but not for his salary. I'd rather let Bebe play and spend money on a 2 or 3.

Not exactly fair. I mean, they lost to a pretty good Blazers team.
  • Like 1

Not exactly fair. I mean, they lost to a pretty good Blazers team.

Oh that blazers team that lost 4-1 against the spurs?

Blazers are good yes but Houston is in win now mode...sorry but no excuses for Houston's pathetic playoff performances.

• Like 3

Don't let bad coaching/Chemistry make you misjudge a player. Moreover, it's the playoffs. The worst place to judge.

Then judge their regular season. Houston did not exactly tear up the West, and make it a two team race between them and OKC, like everyone expected.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Oh that blazers team that lost 4-1 against the spurs?

Blazers are good yes but Houston is in win now mode...sorry but no excuses for Houston's pathetic playoff performances.

A Blazers team who loses to the Spurs is still a good team. Yeah they didn't do what they set out to do, but they're still a good team in a loaded Western Conference.

well the rockets dominated the paint and the boards in that series. The biggest reasons they lost were because harden played horrible and their perimeter defense was awful.