WOW ESPN reports Hawks mulling potential trades to bring in LeBron AND Melo!

GameTime

You don't trade Horford period. He's the only one who can play center next year that's reliable. You offer a package based around Sap/Lou for Melo. That should be enough, maybe a future pick. Then you trade Teague for cap space. That should be enough.Sign Bebe and 15th pick which gives you 11.5 mil then trade 15 mil for 16-17 mil which puts you at 9.5-10.5 mil. Then trade 8 mil which gives you 17.5-18.5 mil of cap room.

• Premium Member

You don't trade Horford period. He's the only one who can play center next year that's reliable. You offer a package based around Sap/Lou for Melo. That should be enough, maybe a future pick. Then you trade Teague for cap space. That should be enough.Sign Bebe and 15th pick which gives you 11.5 mil then trade 15 mil for 16-17 mil which puts you at 9.5-10.5 mil. Then trade 8 mil which gives you 17.5-18.5 mil of cap room.

Nobody is trading Teague for Capspace... Are you kidding. Moreover, Horf is being shopped all the time... whether you like it or not.

• Like 3

It will be a bad move to trade away our talent for cap space. Lebron and Melo are not coming here and when we lose out we will be starting all over again.

This simple:

We must get Melo to commit before July 6.

Why? Because GS has a 9.85 TPE from the Richard Jefferson trade.

So? It expires July 10 when the trade was made.

Why is this important? Because we get their TPE for Jeff Teague.

Why trade Teague? Replacable, valuble piece that gives us money to get Lebron.

Why not trade others? Because NYK would be far more interested in Millsap than Jeff for numerous reasons.

Why would GS do it? Trade asset and a good player. Also gives them someone to use for the Love trade. He can be part of a three way deal. Like Affalo+Lee+picks for Love and Teague to ORL or something. Teague has some value and they can use him as a good trade piece.

How does a TPE help us, we had these before and never ever use them? That's true we have but with Melo and Bron, it can come handy if we want to take someone who decent but slightly overpaid or decently paid but the team wants to cup cash, we can take them for free basically and 8.5 mil can give you a lot of flexiablity.

No one can top us in a SnT for Melo.

Diesel is an idiot. That's already known, trading Horf would be the most dumb thing Ferry could do as Sap isn't a center and Melo or Bron would have to play PF. So that's not even an option and if it was, Horf could be future bait for someone like Marc Gasol in the future. Sap will never get us someone like Gasol in a major trade if we ever want to trade Horf period.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Nobody is trading Teague for Capspace... Are you kidding. Moreover, Horf is being shopped all the time... whether you like it or not.

Stop the bullshit, Teague for a TPE if we got Melo is a damn good deal. Amazing deal to be honest. Horf hasn't been shopped. We called to see if maybe Love is available or a top 3 pick. That's hardly shopped. That's basically us willing to get great value for our piece. Once again, stop posting that bullshit. Jeff will go, Ferry knows Jeff, I know Jeff, we all know Jeff. You are delusional about Jeff. He ain't no f***ing Westbrook or close to him. He's a f***ing Bobby Jackson clone who faster and more athletic. He can go and sooner than later.

Can someone please explain to me this Bobby Jackson comparison. Jeff and Jackson play nothing alike. This might be one of the silliest comparisons I have seen. And he keeps repeating it like its true lol

So there are multiple reports by NBA guys that Horf was shopped but a guy on a Hawks blog said its not true lmaooooo

And if he is being delusional about Jeff, then what does that say about your man crush on Dennis?

Edited by Sarcatic1

Can someone please explain to me this Bobby Jackson comparison. Jeff and Jackson play nothing alike. This might be one of the silliest comparisons I have seen. And he keeps repeating it like its true lol

So there are multiple reports by NBA guys that Horf was shopped but a guy on a Hawks blog said its not true lmaooooo

And if he is being delusional about Jeff, then what does that say about your man crush on Dennis?

They play everything a like. Both are slashers, similar size, similar traits, similar defensive players where Jeff is a tad better because of athletic ability, meh passers, above average shooters, decent PG's, good scorers, both are good players.

Where has Horford been shopped? No one can confirm that. Even Grantland said that he been offered for top 3 picks and Love but that's not being shopped. Shopped is this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1964497-atlanta-hawks-reportedly-shopping-jeff-teague-aggresively-in-trade-talks

Dennis is raw as hell. Nothing I've said will change that. He's growing and will continue to grow. One of the best talents on our team. More talented than Jeff by far.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

If there was ANY chance of landing those two here, do it. It's such a pipe dream! Trade anyone. Phillips would be packed every night. Sold out! Road games too... National TV 25 games... Aight I'm done, dreaming is fun

Agree and ASG would make $$$ on tickets advertising etc

Fixed it, Dolfan.

All of the new 'fans' claiming they were down with Hawks since they moved from Louisville would be running this way...

That would be nice! The 1 donation we get a month on average now certainly isn't enough to keep us comfortable.

Not gonna read through the 9 pages to see if anybody has said it yet, but shit.

If LeBron came to the Hawks, I wouldn't be a fan. Sorry guys. I'd just go follow Zaza around for the rest of his career. (as I already am).

• Like 1

It's Deja Vue all over again !!

"Hey Eggs, did you hear the news?"

Egbert: "No Timmy, what's up?"

"Monica just broke up with Mitch"

Egbert: "You mean Monica the Head Cheerleader broke up with the Captain of the football team?"

"Yep...and with the Prom coming up, I'm gonna ask her"

Egbert: "Awesome dude...she'll say yes, I know she will...heck you are the Captain of the debate team"

"Dad already said I can borrow the SUV"

Egbert: "This is so cool"

• Premium Member

Yeah Basti is a great player, turned around the game against Ghana the other day when he got subbed in(why the coach dont start him this tournament!?). Also for a white as they get player he has quite some swagger in his game. Also a good basketball player btw.

Big talents usually play any ballgame well once playing it enough.

I played as a classical °10 as I said. Thats in offensive/central midfield with the freedom to expand to wherever is clever. Its sort of like the pointguard position, in the sense that defenders and midfielders large parts of the game try and give you the ball to innitiate the offense.

But I played it oldschool ala Mattheus, Stojtskov, etc playing lots of long passes and being halfarsed on defense when I felt like it, but a real tiger defensivly when it mattered. Pretty common back in the days, but today that kind of style is no longer feasible. °10 today are Neymar, Messi etc, playing allot more as a "shadow stricker" more near the goal, with the game being innitiated allot more by wingers.

I also btw played allot of games in the park in Berlin with Kevin Prince Boateng, who played against USA last week for Ghana. I taught him and his little brother who plays for Germany, long passes back in the days. I still can see the high-tempo backshlashing style they gathered from me.

Kinda makes me proud.

Whenever I hear someone talking about playing with a creative devil don't care attitude with pure aggression with passes and positioning I can't help but think of Cantona. Did you also assault a fan? :p I kid, I kid.

That is really cool that you played with and taught some guys how to do long passes that are now professionals.

Call me crazy - but does anyone else feel like there's something hollow about buying a championship vs. organically growing a team (ala the Spurs). Yes, we need a superstar, and yes, free agency is a key component of team building, but I'd feel infinitely more satisfied if we drafted our own stud or traded for a burgeoning one.

(Yes, I'm crazy. Carry on.)

To be honest it would be hard for me to be a fan if we were no longer the under dogs. The Spurs in all their greatness and having possibly one of the games best power forwards are still considered the under dogs in most cases. It would not only feel like cheating to me but it would brush every true Hawks fan to the side or water us down because everybody("most people") would be Hawks fans by default. You couldn't say I was a Hawks fan since.... With pride because the bandwagoners will just state how they sucked than or what ever what ever and take away from our pride of winning it with dignity from the ground up. AND DON'T LET THEM LOSE OR FAIL TO GET CHAMPIONSHIPS... It would probably be the last time a great name chose us as a destination. It would really make us look like Clippers of old.... We couldn't even win with Lebron and Melo type of laughing stocks

• Like 1

I hope ESPN burns in hell. They used us last year with crybaby Dwight and cp3 and now this year with LeHoe and ghetto a$$ Melo and his baby mama sperm dispenser LaLa. Burn in hell ESPN, you cruel Bostonian joke of a network.