• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

• Moderators

Man this has been the suckiest suck suck douche bag of a year for me as an Atlanta sports fan.   First the Braves pull their shenanigans and make a decision that can't be undone and now the Hawks are sinking in the quick sand when they only had their nose out to begin with.   I think I'm about done with sports

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I agree 100% with Kareem. This is not racist it's business. As a 32 year old affluent African American IT proffesional, I want to tell you these types of conversations go on in every well run business. I've even been on panels at my fortune 500 company about how to better penetrate certain demographics.

Most companies develop persona names for the different demographics. For instance you may call the demo he's desiring "Disposable Income Dan" and the group he has "Budget Conscious Brandon". These persona names would have a full descriptions that outline each demo's ethnic split(if relevant for product), budgetary ranges, and desires.

Any discussion about marketing to these demographics would use the persona names instead of over simplified words like black and white. Everyone in the company would have a shared understanding of what the Disposable Income Dan demo looks like, and no-one gets butt hurt.

The irony is I'm African American and fit in his desired demographic. Which is why you don't split your demo lines on race. It is however smart to understand the ethnic mix in each demo in case it's a marketing differentiator.

The more and more I live the more the world is becoming like the book "1984". The thought police are everywhere and the government and the media are telling me everything I should think and be offended by. Scary time ladies and gentleman, scary times.

Gearon Jr finally got his revenge; I hope he's happy, for he may end up destroying one of the things he loves most.

Go Hawks!

Great post!

Everybody bringing up Bud...remember he has his own demons.  Whatever happened with that case?  Anyway point being, we could have dropped him after that arrest.  I'm sure he feels a little indebted to Ferry in particular.  

For me, he's the one thing out of this whole mess that I hope stays.  I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on the DUI as long as it wasn't a repeat offense and as long as it's not repeated.  Take the punishment and move forward.

I kinda hope he sees this as his chance to assume a greater role in personnel decisions (once Ferry's gone I mean).

• Moderators

Just re-read the whole Gearon letter and actually I have to say i agree with him.   I don't like the guy but he was right.   I was suspicious that he had ulterior motives but now i'm not sure.   I think he was appalled and scared of the consequences of such poor judgement.  There is a recording of the call.  They should release that.  

Edited by macdaddy

For me, he's the one thing out of this whole mess that I hope stays. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on the DUI as long as it wasn't a repeat offense and as long as it's not repeated. Take the punishment and move forward.

I kinda hope he sees this as his chance to assume a greater role in personnel decisions (once Ferry's gone I mean).

Making bud our GM might be the only option we have lol. Im not sure anyone is going to want to touch this franchise for a few years

Yes because another first round exit bought us a ton of respect.  Just look at all the free agents that were knocking down our doors to be apart of Ferry's great plan.  

We can't get any worse.  Maybe we'll get someone that can sign an actual good talent.  Or maybe we can find someone that is capable of drafting and not wasting 1st rounders.  Ferry sure has built a heck of a legacy in Atlanta.  Maybe we can just get of the ten years treadmill and start a proper rebuild.  So many potential silver linings to another disastrous go at GM for Mr. Ferry.  CAP FLEXIBILITY FOREVER, right?

Maybe we get a GM to actually lay some grass down so we can at least see what it looks like...

Ferry frees us from terrible contracts with universally praised trades, signs an All Star to a great deal, and hires the most promising new coach in the league, but then fails to get the team to the 2nd round with his best player injured. Clearly he is worthless as a GM. Two years, with or without Horford, was more than enough time to get the Hawks to the Promised Land. If only he drafted Dieng or Plumlee! Maybe even Hardaway Jr. would have gotten us over the hump. Yeeeeeeeeah. 

I don't know why I still bother attempting rational discussion about Ferry, especially in a thread where he may have actually REALLY messed up. 

white%20flag.gif

• Like 1

Per Koonin - Ferry remains as GM. After the investigation by the Law firm (after the Gearon letter) they recommended punishment. Koonin didn't say what the recommended punishment was only that he exceeded the recommended punishment.

Per Koonin - Ferry remains as GM. After the investigation by the Law firm (after the Gearon letter) they recommended punishment. Koonin didn't say what the recommended punishment was only that he exceeded the recommended punishment.

I suppose they fined him?  Not sure in what manner a GM can be punished that wouldn't negatively impact the franchise more.  If they can't see that keeping him would be worse than Sterling staying I'm not sure what to think.

@High5 I'm glad you waived the white towel, btw.