• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN " THE HOMER INSTITUTE OF AMERICA"

willthepureshooter

"Was the win more about good Hawks or bad Cavaliers?"

So last night after we torched LeBronda and Kylie Irving, I turned the channel to ESPN to see if we could finally get our just due. But low and behold, Jalen Rose and his counterparts refused to acknowledge our thrashing of the Cavaliers. They quickly covered the highlights and posed the question I provided above this thread. I was pissed when I heard the answer.. THE CAVS WERE JUST THAT BAD... Really? I guess those wide open shots and sick cuts to the basket only happened because the Cavs had a bad night defensively. Smh. And to think ESPN FIRST TAKE would give us our props earlier in the show.. Nope! They talked about it during the last segment and posed the same exact question. And of course, Stephen HATER Smith argued that the Cavaliers just had a bad defensive night. Lol. Go figure! And then he continues to contradict himself while Carrie Champion gives him the death stare. Skip Bayless gaves us our props and called us the darkhouse in the east. I'm so sick of ESPN and their infatuation with big market teams. Oh yeah, Stephen Hater Smith said that he's not convinced because Chicago has an injury recovering Derrick Rose. Lmao! We just beat the Bulls a couple days ago..

ESPN needs to be boycotted by the Hawks organization and the fans. No matter how much we beat the crap out of their "homer" teams, we still don't get the respect.

• Like 3

• Moderators

As I mentioned in the game thread, when they torched us they hit 19 3s when they average 7.   We hit 16 in this game but average 9 or 10 a game anyway.   They killed us the first game in very uncharacteristic fashion for them.   We killed them for the same reason we've won 11 of 13 or whatever.   Stepped up defense, good shooting, good passing, and some inside scoring to boot.   

• Like 4

"Was the win more about good Hawks or bad Cavaliers?"

So last night after we torched LeBronda and Kylie Irving, I turned the channel to ESPN to see if we could finally get our just due. But low and behold, Jalen Rose and his counterparts refused to acknowledge our thrashing of the Cavaliers. They quickly covered the highlights and posed the question I provided above this thread. I was pissed when I heard the answer.. THE CAVS WERE JUST THAT BAD... Really? I guess those wide open shots and sick cuts to the basket only happened because the Cavs had a bad night defensively. Smh. And to think ESPN FIRST TAKE would give us our props earlier in the show.. Nope! They talked about it during the last segment and posed the same exact question. And of course, Stephen HATER Smith argued that the Cavaliers just had a bad defensive night. Lol. Go figure! And then he continues to contradict himself while Carrie Champion gives him the death stare. Skip Bayless gaves us our props and called us the darkhouse in the east. I'm so sick of ESPN and their infatuation with big market teams. Oh yeah, Stephen Hater Smith said that he's not convinced because Chicago has an injury recovering Derrick Rose. Lmao! We just beat the Bulls a couple days ago..

ESPN needs to be boycotted by the Hawks organization and the fans. No matter how much we beat the crap out of their "homer" teams, we still don't get the respect.

Avery Johnson said the Hawks were underrated/undervalued last night on ESPN.... It was actually NBATV that was more dismissive of the Hawks. Isiah Thomas and Shaq gave the Hawks more praise at all. I don't think Thomas even mentioned the Hawks. All he did was rant about Cleveland's poor defense. I don't even think he said the word "Hawks" in all of the rambling he did. And Shaq said that the Cavs were the favs because "they're the Cavs" as if those guys have been winning for years. The only reason Cleveland has any shot is because of Lebron. So NBATV was worse last night.

I can't stand Isiah Thomas.

• Like 1

Avery Johnson said the Hawks were underrated/undervalued last night on ESPN.... It was actually NBATV that was more dismissive of the Hawks. Isiah Thomas and Shaq gave the Hawks more praise at all. I don't think Thomas even mentioned the Hawks. All he did was rant about Cleveland's poor defense. I don't even think he said the word "Hawks" in all of the rambling he did. And Shaq said that the Cavs were the favs because "they're the Cavs" as if those guys have been winning for years. The only reason Cleveland has any shot is because of Lebron. So NBATV was worse last night.

I can't stand Isiah Thomas.

Jalen Rose acted like he didn't want to mention the Hawks at all last night. Of course Avery Johnson gave us a little zinger at the end because he's a former coach. He understands how dangerous our system can be on a nightly basis. We beat them without our starting point guard and no ones talking about it.

• Premium Member

The problem is former players.  Living in a former era.  They never liked the Hawks.  We were not their favorite except for Webber and Barkley... and now they have taken that same attitude to the mic.

F them... Let's move on.

• Like 1

I've never understood why some people get so butthurt over the media's opinion of us.  They just happen to be people with an opinion and a mic in front of their face.  I guarantee you none of them watch the Hawks on a regular basis like we do and understand our system.

All they know is the Hawks pre-Bud when we were winning but not in the upper tier of the east - always a quick writeoff and that was somewhat true at the time.  People that actually watch us now have written and said good things (Zack Lowe comes to mind).  Of course ESPN doesn't want to talk about the Hawks because media is a business and even though most of us are tired of it there is some 15 year old kid with a jersey and all he wants to hear about is Lebron.  It sells, period.

If you don't have a superstar then it takes getting big wins and doing it consistently to even get a little bit of exposure.

Honestly I'm glad we aren't all over ESPN, I don't want to be "that" team.  I only watch ESPN when an actual game on.  All these other shows on the side I could care less for.  It has become like the 24 hours new shows now but for sports - they have nothing to talk about sometimes so they beat a superstar player or story into the ground and run with it because it's what sells.

I think we should be happy we aren't getting love!

Edited by AUhawksfan

Easy fix. Don't watch ESPN. I haven't watched it for years with the exception being live sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

We need to win playoff series to get national respect. It really comes down to those horrible, horrible playoff losses on national television year in and year out under the old Iso Joe Woody years that created the image of the Hawks being horrible. It will take years of winning in the playoffs to make that go away from the national media memory.

• Like 2

We need to win playoff series to get national respect. It really comes down to those horrible, horrible playoff losses on national television year in and year out under the old Iso Joe Woody years that created the image of the Hawks being horrible. It will take years of winning in the playoffs to make that go away from the national media memory.

This is the sad truth. Plain and simple.

• Like 1

Easy fix. Don't watch ESPN. I haven't watched it for years with the exception being live sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to be a pompous asshole right now and point out that I have been boycotting ESPN since January 2010 and haven't looked back since. I'm awesome!

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/349598-all-this-fanfare-about-free-agency/?p=463144

Makes me wonder the maturity of these guys. I guess on the one hand it is a nice way to really brand yourself and get more endorsements, but I do not think most of this hoopla is because of this reason. My blunt guess as to why LeBron is doing all of this is a very juvenile one. LeBron never had a "signing day" to go to college. Well, those look fun and dammit I want to have one!!!

And on a side note, I have decided to completely boycott ESPN unless they show the Hawks or Clemson. Even then, no pregame, halftime, or postgame show for me just the actual game. This has been going on since January and I have been so much more productive and happy. Watching ESPN had completely ruined sports for me. Its a worthless television network and is monopolizing sports. Ten to twenty years ago, when ESPN didn't dominate market, they showed more games. There was also an increased variety of games as well. Now? Well ESPN teamed up with ABC to gain a whole lot of market power. They are showing less games than before and the quality of the game is biased (I am not saying a better or worse quality, just biased). We have less variety, and as fans we suffer. Plus this fascination with programs like Cold Pizza, Around the Horn, and PTI is mind boggling to me.

Edited by hawksfanatic