• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Danny Ferry is awesome

gsuteke

Right on Hootie!

I just read an article on BR today talking about how Smoove could be a stud in the right system with the right gets around him. Thank God that Ferry got rid of him and JJ as this system would not work with those two.

I honestly think that Joe would be fine with Bud and his system. That was Joe's problem when he was here. No offensive structure at all. Now smoove I agree 100%.

Take away Joe's massive contract and he would be a good piece here even now.

Had we just removed Marvin, we could have gotten Korver.

Had we removed Marvin and Smoove, we could have gotten the main peices to our puzzle.

The Joe trade was a bust.

I guess you dont remember his contract being deemed around NBA circles as being untradable. I guess you dont remember his numbers declining.  I guess you dont see or just totally ignore that hes been a huge disappointment in Brooklyn.  Seems like sometimes dream teams on paper dont always add up to an NBA championship .

Are you seriously going to say this team is worse off since Danny Ferry took over ??

The only thing I don't like about what Ferry has brought to the on-court product is that he's going to make me give money to the ASG. These Hawks are just too good and too much fun to watch to NOT go to Phillips. Sigh. Damn you Ferry!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

No, we couldn't have. Korver was part of the Joe trade, we traded Marvin for Harris (fairly equal salaries). If we had retained Joe AND signed Lou, we definitely wouldn't have had the cap to pick up Sap and company.

I won't spend much time on this detour but these are the transactions that went with the Joe trade:

This was done on July 11  we also traded Marvin for Harris on that same day.

On July 12, we acquired Lou to a multiyear contract.

On July 16, we acquired Korver in a trade.

KORVER WAS NOT PART OF THE JOE TRADE.

• Premium Member

False! Pistons ring a bell?

Who was their marquee star? Ben Wallace?

Let's see. Which Piston will be a Hall of famer?

I'll say Mr. Big Shot Chuancy Billups.

Before you argue.. let me give you his resume highlights:

Five All-Star appearances, three as a Piston and two with the hometown Nuggets. Named second-team All-Defense twice, second-team All-NBA once and third-team All-NBA twice. Having a lead role on a championship team — while being named Finals MVP — and also winning a gold medal with the United States in the 2010 world championships.

Then there's Ben Wallace.  While you joke at his existence, he was a 4 time allstar,  he held the rebounding title and the DPOY four times.  No human has done that but him.

What Players do we have on our roster that can compare to either of these two?

• Premium Member

I guess you dont remember his contract being deemed around NBA circles as being untradable. I guess you dont remember his numbers declining.  I guess you dont see or just totally ignore that hes been a huge disappointment in Brooklyn.  Seems like sometimes dream teams on paper dont always add up to an NBA championship .

Are you seriously going to say this team is worse off since Danny Ferry took over ??

The numbers did decline Moving to a new system playing amoung several guys who needed touches.  However, I also noticed that his numbers improved with Pierce gone.  But that's nothing.  As far as untradable contract?  Sure.  However, we also had the right to cancel Joe's contract any time we wanted.  Did you forget that we could Amnesty Joe's contract?  The thing is all this Ferry dust out here has made a legion of people who don't see the big picture.  The big picture is that we traded Joe for Nothing and we still get this great promise of how cap flexibility is going to help us bring in good players.  When all I see us picking up are more guys who can play BU roles.  The system isn't working because Joe's gone.  The system is working because Woody is gone.  And Drew is gone. And Marvin is gone.  And Smoove is gone.

http://youtu.be/PMg2638WkjI

Well that didn't take long.

The numbers did decline Moving to a new system playing amoung several guys who needed touches.  However, I also noticed that his numbers improved with Pierce gone.  But that's nothing.  As far as untradable contract?  Sure.  However, we also had the right to cancel Joe's contract any time we wanted.  Did you forget that we could Amnesty Joe's contract?  The thing is all this Ferry dust out here has made a legion of people who don't see the big picture.  The big picture is that we traded Joe for Nothing and we still get this great promise of how cap flexibility is going to help us bring in good players.  When all I see us picking up are more guys who can play BU roles.  The system isn't working because Joe's gone.  The system is working because Woody is gone.  And Drew is gone. And Marvin is gone.  And Smoove is gone.

lets  see - we can trade him away , get their number 1 darft pick  and get expiring contracts or we can amnesty him and have to pay him but get the contract off the cap ?? Are you really proposing amnesty  was a better option??

• Premium Member

lets  see - we can trade him away , get their number 1 darft pick  and get expiring contracts or we can amnesty him and have to pay him but get the contract off the cap ?? Are you really proposing amnesty  was a better option??

IF you are claiming that Cap flexibility was all that then YES Amnesty has to be in the conversation. 

Secondly, what have we done with any of the things we have gotten from Brooklyn?

IF you are claiming that Cap flexibility was all that then YES Amnesty has to be in the conversation. 

Secondly, what have we done with any of the things we have gotten from Brooklyn?

Uhh we've gotten better. I guess these wins must be killing you but we're a far better team than your favorite Woody / JJ / IsoHawks teams were. 

• Like 2

So amnesty and having to pay his contract is better than not having to pay a dime for his contract, gaining two 2nd rounders and a possible lottery pick?

You can troll better than this Diesel.  I have faith in you.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Uhh we've gotten better. I guess these wins must be killing you but we're a far better team than your favorite Woody / JJ / IsoHawks teams were. 

What makes our current play even sweeter is the fact we had to endure Anti-basketball with Woodson for so long. Getting rid of all these head case "stars in their own minds" type of players and getting no nonsense hard working selfless good all around guys is doing things the right way. All thanks to Ferry.

• Like 3

Thank you.

• Premium Member

That's Just it.  This is not a Woody/Drew Team.

Here's the real take home...

If you have the lowest paid coach in the league with the least amount of experience, then expect to have a sorry joker team.

Whereas a good coach can get a lot out of his players.