HAWKS ARE FIRST IN THE EAST!

SalvorMallow

Well I agree to a point - but really - a marathon IS a race.  And the better you do early the better position you are in later.

Take last night as a fer-instance...we lose that game and nobody really cares as far as our position.  We win that game and it doesn't make us favourites for the NBA finals.  But that one win at Utah will show up on the stat sheet as a win - doesn't matter how pretty it was (or wasn't) - road win in the NBA...they aren't cheap.

GO HAWKS !!

I hear ya,... But to me, a 7 game series is a race, 82 games is a marathon. Personally, there's a long way to go, first ine East means nothing. By the end of January we could be fourth.

• Premium Member

Hawks have done pretty well in 9 games played with no rest this season and have shot the ball from 3 point range and FT line better on the road than at home! Hope that this holds true tonight, blazers have been stingy on perimeter defense at home during this streak they have going - we have a 6 game road winning streak while they have like a 7 game home winning streak.

I'll bet Portland believes that the Hawks are contenders after tonight. And neither the Bulls, Whiz, or Cavs want any part of them in the playoffs...

What would TNT/ESPN/ABC do with the Hawks making the ECFs or, gasp, the Finals? I might DVR the pregames just for cracks and giggles...

• Like 1

I don't think we'll get any coverage or headlines regardless of performance. ESPN has basically said Lebron and the Cavs are the top story when they play good or bad. If we get top seed in the East, I can picture "the experts" picking Miami to beat us in the first round because you need stars to win in the post season.

We are the only people who get to watch and enjoy this team. I am loving it, and seeing them top their accomplishments every week is incredible.

I wonder where cup half empty @Alex is.

"So what we won 24, we still lost 8"

"LOL first in the East, Hawks would be in the lottery in the West."

"Remember that DUI Bud got? YEAH ME TOO!"

I have literally never said any of those things. I will eat crow once the Hawks win in the playoffs. I am not even asking to win the finals, but how about at least a series win? Until that happens we all can remain skeptical.

I have literally never said any of those things. I will eat crow once the Hawks win in the playoffs. I am not even asking to win the finals, but how about at least a series win? Until that happens we all can remain skeptical.

If this team does not win in the playoffs they will still be regarded as a treadmill team.

I hope they don't get the Bucks in the first round. Miami is probably the best possible first round match up.

If this team does not win in the playoffs they will still be regarded as a treadmill team.

I hope they don't get the Bucks in the first round. Miami is probably the best possible first round match up.

As they should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk