• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS ARE FIRST IN THE EAST!

SalvorMallow

The Knicks are still getting more attention from ESPN.rolleyes.gif

Same thing on NBA radio.. This morning on Bottom Line they were discussing contenders in the East and talked about Chicago , Washington and yes , even the Cleveland Lebrons. The Hawks or Raptors not even considered contenders because of their lack of star power.. I am getting so tired of this cliche BS..

Its fine though really. This team with a chip on its shoulder could be real fun to watch

• Premium Member

I was always very optimistic about our team this year but I wouldn't have believed anyone that said we would be in first in the east at the start of 2015. It has been a very fun year! It is also weird to think we were 7-6 at one point.

Edited by cam1218
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Tomorrow night is going to be tough... Portland has everything in their favor going into tomorrow night. A win tomorrow night would be the most impressive win of the season. You can't blame them if they don't pull it out.

Yep.  Solid test.  Wish we had some rest going in, but that only makes a win tonight all the more convincing.

• Premium Member

Yep. Solid test. Wish we had some rest going in, but that only makes a win tonight all the more convincing.

Some rest would be nice. Portland hasn't played since Tuesday.

Yep.  Solid test.  Wish we had some rest going in, but that only makes a win tonight all the more convincing.

The good news is that Robin Lopez is not playing tonight. He is a really good offensive rebounder and so that could have been a big issue. Another is Batum... He hasn't played very well this year. Hopefully he does not have a breakout performance.

• Like 1

On paper the Hawks matchup with Portland Ok....

Portland has no rim protection without Lopez... They have no depth and no center that can guard Horford out on the perimeter. Teague and Dennis are capable of somewhat cancelling out Lillard. If both have a good game I think the Hawks can pull it out.

The biggest difference is the rest and home court advantage. 

• Like 1

It is a great start, the whole season... Cliche coming, it's a marathon, not a race...

Well I agree to a point - but really - a marathon IS a race.  And the better you do early the better position you are in later.

Take last night as a fer-instance...we lose that game and nobody really cares as far as our position.  We win that game and it doesn't make us favourites for the NBA finals.  But that one win at Utah will show up on the stat sheet as a win - doesn't matter how pretty it was (or wasn't) - road win in the NBA...they aren't cheap.

GO HAWKS !!

• Like 2

On paper the Hawks matchup with Portland Ok....

Portland has no rim protection without Lopez... They have no depth and no center that can guard Horford out on the perimeter. Teague and Dennis are capable of somewhat cancelling out Lillard. If both have a good game I think the Hawks can pull it out.

The biggest difference is the rest and home court advantage.

I think it's important for Teague and Dennis to keep the pressure on Lillard both on offense and defense. I'm not sure what Lillard's ed

defense is like but last season I heard that teammates were upset that they got called out by the coaching staff for their defense and he didn't.