• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS ARE FIRST IN THE EAST!

SalvorMallow

THERES A BANDWAGON NOW!!

Mid-January through early February will be an important time to really sell this team to Atlanta and the Metro area.

They will play 9 of 10 games at home, and have big matchups vs Oklahoma City, Brooklyn, Portland, Washington, and Golden St. I think if the Hawks go through this stretch with a 7 - 3 or 8 - 2 record ... and beat OKC, Portland, and Golden St, you'll really see the area really get behind this team.

Keep it going Hawks. Make them respect you.

...with a lower payroll than the Wolves, just sayin.

With the rebounding effort improving, we've got all bases covered. Teauge with the exquisite floater game, Al's always dependable mid range shooting, Kyle's three point mastery, and our role players setting screens, cutting and stretching the floor. Then you throw the Altered Beast Sap on top, who does a little of all of the above with a slick baseline and off-dribble game and we got something brewing.

Edited by benhillboy

If this team does not win in the playoffs they will still be regarded as a treadmill team.

I hope they don't get the Bucks in the first round. Miami is probably the best possible first round match up.

Although I truly understand where you are coming from, if we are to be regarded as an serious contender we have to shed the thought process of not wanting to face certain teams and accept that we can and will have to beat whoever is on our path. We have to stop thinking about dodging this team or that team and start making those teams want to dodge us instead. If that makes any sense

• Like 1

Raptors just got spanked for the second game in a row. Now the Hawks with a 1.5 game lead on the Bulls and Raps.

Here's to keeping this thread bumped all through to the end of the season smoke.gif

Yes sir!!!

Hawks---

Bulls 1.5

Raptors 1.5

WOOHOOOOOOO

Raptors just got spanked for the second game in a row. Now the Hawks with a 1.5 game lead on the Bulls and Raps. 

Here's to keeping this thread bumped all through to the end of the season smoke.gif

They're about to get what's his name back......DeRozan. Yeah, DeRozan.

It's good to see them drop a few. Them continuing to win has been annoying.

Isn't it great to check the standings on Monday morning and find who is in 1st!

Division standings:

Atlantic - Toronto has a 7 1\2 game lead.

Central - Chicago has a 5 game lead.

Southeast - Atlanta has a 3 game lead.

In the entire east they stack up like this:

Atlanta - 1st place!

Chicago - 1 1\2 behind.

Toronto - 1 1\2 behind.

Chicago has a 9-1 record in their last 10, same as us and has caught the Toronto lads.

I also couldn't help looking.  Detroit continues to win.

I'm reminded about David and Goliath.

Atlanta is David.  All those giant teams out west are Goliath.

Just as the shepherd David slew Goliath, the Hawks have gone west and, if they can

prevail once more, will have slain all the giants of the NBA in the west that we have met.

KEEP GOING ATL HAWKS!!

• Like 3

• Premium Member

They're about to get what's his name back......DeRozan. Yeah, DeRozan.

It's good to see them drop a few. Them continuing to win has been annoying.

This is probably the homer in me talking, but I always felt like Toronto's success early was not exactly sustainable. That team plays very little defense and is a heavy jumpshooting team who was scoring at a historic pace. The offense is now starting to cool off and they have been a bit exposed the last couple of games. It will be very interesting to see how they do with Derozen back.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This is probably the homer in me talking, but I always felt like Toronto's success early was not exactly sustainable. That team plays very little defense and is a heavy jumpshooting team who was scoring at a historic pace. The offense is now starting to cool off and they have been a bit exposed the last couple of games. It will be very interesting to see how they do with Derozen back.

Against us they were scoring on a lot of contested jumpers, step backs, off the dribble.. Not easy. So i agree with you that they started out hot. If it is sustainable for them have to give them credit, but i doubt it will be. They might get hot again and go on more runs but i dont think they can be as consistent depending so much on high octane offense.