• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Brand: The Atlanta Hawks fly under the radar

HawkItus

The Bad Boy era Pistons were worried about this too when they traded Adreian Dantley for Mark Aguirre. The fans and media were worried that the Pistons messed with the chemistry of the team... but they went on to win the title that year. A trade would not necessarily ruin these Hawks. I mean I'm not saying trade Teague, Sap, Korver, or Horford, but let's say Mike Scott + Shelvin Mack + Sefolosha for a starting small forward or center would not tear this team apart... as long as he fits.

It sounds like you are overlooking Thabo's value to this team big time. 

I can see a trade involving Scott and Mack but Thabo needs to stay.  His on-ball defense may be the best in the league, or at least top 5, and his offense has improved greatly.  In the playoffs, he will be our most important bench player.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Our team is winning not due to a superstar but because we have a roster with mostly above average to good/great IQ players on it. They play unselfishly and yet you still see times when we are force feeding Millsap at times to get a needed basket. Our guys are smart enough to read who a defense is keying on and is able to swing the ball from side to side to get an open shot. It is a coach's dream and a true fan of the game's dream. Love watching our team. If we got a superstar with unselfish genes then this team would be frankly unbeatable in the playoffs injury not being an issue.

• Like 3

Great read.

I'm feeling spoiled a bit. I'm easy to please, all I wanted was Joe gone. All this dominating the NBA's got me apprehensive, too.

Safe to say no ones sleeping with anyone's woman or hooking off on their teammates jaw like last year's 1 seed.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Our team is winning not due to a superstar but because we have a roster with mostly above average to good/great IQ players on it. They play unselfishly and yet you still see times when we are force feeding Millsap at times to get a needed basket. Our guys are smart enough to read who a defense is keying on and is able to swing the ball from side to side to get an open shot. It is a coach's dream and a true fan of the game's dream. Love watching our team. If we got a superstar with unselfish genes then this team would be frankly unbeatable in the playoffs injury not being an issue.

Fo.  Sheezy.

• Like 1

• Moderators

They don't want to see it!  Crow taste worse than it looks!

Pardon?  Crow tastes amazingly good when it comes with Hawks performing above expectations!  That includes Mr. Teague finally delivering on that much desired consistency.

Sweetness....

girl-kiss-crow.png

• Like 2

The Bad Boy era Pistons were worried about this too when they traded Adreian Dantley for Mark Aguirre. The fans and media were worried that the Pistons messed with the chemistry of the team... but they went on to win the title that year. A trade would not necessarily ruin these Hawks. I mean I'm not saying trade Teague, Sap, Korver, or Horford, but let's say Mike Scott + Shelvin Mack + Sefolosha for a starting small forward or center would not tear this team apart... as long as he fits.

You've got to tell me what starting SF or C we'll be getting for those guys because I can't think of one that's available for those guys. That said I'm not a fan of trading Thabo, his defense and rebounding has been spectacular. Everyone wants to trade our grubby pennies for the shiny 10 cent piece. I like our pennies.

Also you've just moved DMC to the bench which not only disrupts the starting 5 but the bench.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

You've got to tell me what starting SF or C we'll be getting for those guys because I can't think of one that's available for those guys. That said I'm not a fan of trading Thabo, his defense and rebounding has been spectacular. Everyone wants to trade our grubby pennies for the shiny 10 cent piece. I like our pennies.

Also you've just moved DMC to the bench which not only disrupts the starting 5 but the bench.

Yeah I can't imagine seeing Bud move DMC to the bench as much as he loves that guy. I would be down for trading Scott + Mack if it meant getting a young talented SG and a pick back but that's all I would be looking for. Definitely not including Thabo!

• Premium Member

A trade would not necessarily ruin these Hawks. I mean I'm not saying trade Teague, Sap, Korver, or Horford, but let's say Mike Scott + Shelvin Mack + Sefolosha for a starting small forward or center would not tear this team apart... as long as he fits.

If it ain't broke? Why are you trying to fix it?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The ideal guy would be Jimmy Butler, Bradley Beal, or maybe Jabari Parker who's injured right now. But the Hawks don't really 'need'  those types of players as much as it would be nice to have them. But the Hawks should certainly not feel pressured into making any trades. No need in screwing this thing up like they did with the 'Nique for Manning trade.

• Premium Member

The ideal guy would be Jimmy Butler, Bradley Beal, or maybe Jabari Parker who's injured right now. But the Hawks don't really 'need'  those types of players as much as it would be nice to have them. But the Hawks should certainly not feel pressured into making any trades. No need in screwing this thing up like they did with the 'Nique for Manning trade.

Beal can't stay healty, Parker already has a torn ACL in his rookie season. Butler is probably going to get a max or close to it deal from the Bulls to stay in Chicago.

I'd like to have a shot blocking big man which is the only thing other than a superstar we're really missing on this team.

Beal can't stay healty, Parker already has a torn ACL in his rookie season. Butler is probably going to get a max or close to it deal from the Bulls to stay in Chicago.

I'd like to have a shot blocking big man which is the only thing other than a superstar we're really missing on this team.

Bud doesn't think we need a rim protector. He wants us to protect at the front line and not let guys get to the rim. Then if they do we play team D and that's what we do. We block quite a lot of shots for not having a rim protector. 

• Premium Member

Bud doesn't think we need a rim protector. He wants us to protect at the front line and not let guys get to the rim. Then if they do we play team D and that's what we do. We block quite a lot of shots for not having a rim protector. 

I disagree with him or whoever is calling the shots that says we don't need a rim protector. Come playoff time we're going to need it. We play great perimeter defense but it never hurts to have a guy in the middle that can protect the rim.

I disagree with him or whoever is calling the shots that says we don't need a rim protector. Come playoff time we're going to need it. We play great perimeter defense but it never hurts to have a guy in the middle that can protect the rim.

Elton Brand protects the rim quite well when he's in. Payne will be a fusion of Antić and Brand in a couple of years, Tavares will join us eventually as well.

On the subject of Carroll, the dude can friggin ball but I think he's the one we need to upgrade. If we can move Carroll to the bench and sign/trade for a 3 that fits (Batum, Gallo, Butler, Leonard, Dray Green come to mind), then we'll be ridiculous. I wouldn't part with Thabo or Carroll, if Mack/Scott/Bazemore/Jenkins can't return who we want, then best to look at the draft. Hezonja will be sick.