• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Official [and unofficial] Game Thread: Hawks - 76ers

lethalweapon3

Who knew the Hawks would be the answer to our energy problems? They keep winning may be we can get gas down to below a dollar...

That would be the absolute worst thing that could happen to this country. The gas prices are already costing thousands of people jobs in the oil & gas industry (my career) and that will have a massive impact on the country. 

That would be the absolute worst thing that could happen to this country. The gas prices are already costing thousands of people jobs in the oil & gas industry (my career) and that will have a massive impact on the country.

Damn, I never thought of that. As long as the prices are plummeting we think everything's good. Stupid Americans.

• Premium Member

No offense to you or your career, but the last thing I worry about on a day to day basis is the health of a heavily subsidized industry that contains 3 of the top 10 most profitable companies in the world.

• Like 1

No offense to you or your career, but the last thing I worry about on a day to day basis is the health of a heavily subsidized industry that contains 3 of the top 10 most profitable companies in the world.

If thousands and thousands of people in the US are being laid off in the oil industry, that effects other jobs and it will continue to trickle down. Yeah it's super to save a buck or so per gallon on gas but this has a real effect on real people and it will touch everyone in this country in some form or fashion.  There's many more reasons why lower prices on oil are a bad thing and not just a good thing in some ways. 

If thousands and thousands of people in the US are being laid off in the oil industry, that effects other jobs and it will continue to trickle down. Yeah it's super to save a buck or so per gallon on gas but this has a real effect on real people and it will touch everyone in this country in some form or fashion. There's many more reasons why lower prices on oil are a bad thing and not just a good thing in some ways.

This isn't actually sustainable though is it? I thought we are just trying to be less reliant on foreign oil in the short-term.

I think The Big 7, Shell and BP are some srsly evil companies who have gotten enough political leaway and straight enforcement all across the globe to maximize their profits with some srsly negative direct and indirect outcomes for billions of people across the world.

Surely their profits will rise again, once the politics with Putin is done. Just imagine all the Gazprom riches and market-consolidation being able the smear the engines of the trickle-down system for the next couple of years further.

• Premium Member

If thousands and thousands of people in the US are being laid off in the oil industry, that effects other jobs and it will continue to trickle down. Yeah it's super to save a buck or so per gallon on gas but this has a real effect on real people and it will touch everyone in this country in some form or fashion.  There's many more reasons why lower prices on oil are a bad thing and not just a good thing in some ways. 

WINDFALL PROFITS.

While gas was +$4.00 per gallon.  Keep the oil war going OPEC.

LOL Friggin starvin marvin.  Is he still on the bench for somebody?

He actually signed a 2 year/$14 million deal with Charlotte this offseason and has started 17/37 games for them. He is only making 2.5 million/year less than Millsap. Good for Marv.

Why are the prices being driven down so far? I know the fracking technique has produced more supply which will naturally lower the price, but I assumed the price was always artficially high due to demand out pacing supply. I would think while the price has dropped you would be selling more of it. I would think your margins would drop significantly, but your overall profit wouldn't be impacted as greatly.

It looks like the gas prices have changed about 35-50%. That's huge to overcome, but I assume it would also be softend by lower distribution cost. Honestly this is good for manufacturers because every companies input and distribution cost just dropped significantly which should result in lower prices on goods/products for everyone. Also every American just got a $400 - $1000 annual raise depending on how far your drive.

This isn't actually sustainable though is it? I thought we are just trying to be less reliant on foreign oil in the short-term.

It's hard to say how long this could hold up. I'm sure there's people much smarter than I am who understand exactly what the real cause of this is but to me it's being intentionally done to weaken the US. 

Why are the prices being driven down so far? I know the fracking technique has produced more supply which will naturally lower the price, but I assumed the price was always artficially high due to demand out pacing supply. I would think while the price has dropped you would be selling more of it. I would think your margins would drop significantly, but your overall profit wouldn't be impacted as greatly.

It looks like the gas prices have changed about 35-50%. That's huge to overcome, but I assume it would also be softend by lower distribution cost. Honestly this is good for manufacturers because every companies input and distribution cost just dropped significantly which should result in lower prices on goods/products for everyone. Also every American just got a $400 - $1000 annual raise depending on how far your drive.

Fracking is being stopped all over. The Saudi's are putting a hurting on us. Many lending institutions are putting a hold on the line of credit for oilfield and oilfield services companies and that's creating all of these layoffs. This is cyclical and we will rebound from it but the last time this happened I believe was in the 80's and it drastically effected the economy. 

Prices are going down even more than 50% from their highest. A few years ago I think it had gone up to about $100 a barrel and now it's creeping towards $35! That is the point when the operators (like Exxon, Shell, etc.) start losing money. $35-$50 the service companies (the company type I work for) starts losing big money. The bigger companies are slashing spending 30-50% or more in some cases for the next year and that's a TON of money! 

It's hard to say how long this could hold up. I'm sure there's people much smarter than I am who understand exactly what the real cause of this is but to me it's being intentionally done to weaken the US. 

Sooner or later this country will pay for building up trillions in debt. That is the real concern.

I'm going to keep saying this until it sinks in. Al ' s rebounding is down by design. He is anchoring our defense on the perimeter hedging and blocking shots. If he is on the perimeter he is not in prime position to rebound. He is sacrificing rebounds to make us the number one defensive team in the NBA.

When I watch the game this jumps off the screen for me. The reason we aren't getting killed on the boards anymore is because our wing players finally started rebounding like they're supposed to when their big helps them out.

Al even mentioned this when they interviewed him after the Detroit game. They asked him about the 16 rebounds and he said he got them because against Detroit he didn't have to play on the perimeter as much.He mentioned the defense is designed for him to be on the perimeter.

For Al's career he's averaged pretty close to a double double, but under this system I believe his max rebound average will be about 8.5. As far as scoring that just comes down to usage. The more shots he gets the more he scores; his efficiency doesn't really seem to be impacted by higher usage.

Al takes the 2nd most shot on the team.

Al takes the 2nd most shot on the team.

That's really not my point your complaining about how many points he scores a game. I'm assuming you're comparing him to guys like Blake Griffin and LMA those guys shoot alot more shots than Al.Our offense is designed for balanced scoring .

Now the one weakness Al really needs to work on is getting to the free throw line. That could really push his scoring average up without requiring a lot more shots. That's doable within the confines of this offense.