• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Official [and unofficial] Game Thread: Hawks - 76ers

lethalweapon3

Nice game for Al. Sure he will not do it when we need it though.

"When we need it" such as during games where 3 starters are out? Or like the past month or so that he's been balling? Why the cheap shots? Just enjoy this great ride man...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Post-Sixer game, the Hawks' new point differential (+6.1 per game) has surpassed Toronto's (+5.9 per game).

The Hawks have a slightly stronger strength of schedule than the Raptors.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/page/2/sort/sos

~lw3

• Like 1

It's like we can't be pissed at the team, so we're on edge with everyone else instead, myself included. The honeymoon phase is over, time to start throwing away the toilet paper so I can leave the house.

Good post, I'm gonna do some meditation to get rid of the anger monkeys. GO HAWKS!!!

Post-Sixer game, the Hawks' new point differential (+6.1 per game) has surpassed Toronto's (+5.9 per game).

The Hawks have a slightly stronger strength of schedule than the Raptors.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/page/2/sort/sos

~lw3

That's a Hollinger chart. I use this one instead: http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

• Like 1

Someone on facebook said: "Atlanta Hawks 4 life!" and then proceeded to post this picture:

hawks_zps1ebe0802.jpg

I can't lie: throw Zaza and Jamal in that picture, and that was the core seven that I REALLY loved. Obviously this team is growing on me a ton and I am aware that they are much more solidly-built and less infuriating, but damn...I would have loved to win with that group right there just to shock everybody and get to see the happiness on those guy's faces. I'll always have a soft spot for everyone in that picture (maybe only 50% of the time for Smoove).

BOSS with his first career trip dub. Now where's all the Horford hate from earlier in the season? Maybe I should make a new thread to call people out.

Naw, who'd do something like that?

Cmon, nobody needs attention that bad. Right?

Horford is not really having a good year. His rebounding has been pathetic for the most part. Hopefully he refines the Horford of 18,8 or more on a consistent basis in the 2nd half of the season.

I'm going to keep saying this until it sinks in. Al ' s rebounding is down by design. He is anchoring our defense on the perimeter hedging and blocking shots. If he is on the perimeter he is not in prime position to rebound. He is sacrificing rebounds to make us the number one defensive team in the NBA.

When I watch the game this jumps off the screen for me. The reason we aren't getting killed on the boards anymore is because our wing players finally started rebounding like they're supposed to when their big helps them out.

Al even mentioned this when they interviewed him after the Detroit game. They asked him about the 16 rebounds and he said he got them because against Detroit he didn't have to play on the perimeter as much.He mentioned the defense is designed for him to be on the perimeter.

For Al's career he's averaged pretty close to a double double, but under this system I believe his max rebound average will be about 8.5. As far as scoring that just comes down to usage. The more shots he gets the more he scores; his efficiency doesn't really seem to be impacted by higher usage.

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 3

I'm going to keep saying this until it sinks in. Al ' s rebounding is down by design. He is anchoring our defense on the perimeter hedging and blocking shots. If he is on the perimeter he is not in prime position to rebound. He is sacrificing rebounds to make us the number one defensive team in the NBA.

When I watch the game this jumps off the screen for me. The reason we aren't getting killed on the boards anymore is because our wing players finally started rebounding like they're supposed to when their big helps them out.

Al even mentioned this when they interviewed him after the Detroit game. They asked him about the 16 rebounds and he said he got them because against Detroit he didn't have to play on the perimeter as much.He mentioned the defense is designed for him to be on the perimeter.

For Al's career he's averaged pretty close to a double double, but under this system I believe his max rebound average will be about 8.5. As far as scoring that just comes down to usage. The more shots he gets the more he scores; his efficiency doesn't really seem to be impacted by higher usage.

Didnt you know, atl, box score stats and being flashy are the only thing that matter. Meltdown already admitted that these come before winning in a different thread.

• Like 2

Didnt you know, atl, box score stats and being flashy are the only thing that matter. Meltdown already admitted that these come before winning in a different thread.

If that was actually said, then that's pretty much the worst take ever.

Someone on facebook said: "Atlanta Hawks 4 life!" and then proceeded to post this picture:

hawks_zps1ebe0802.jpg

captain-picard-facepalm-meme.jpg

If they're gonna jump on the bandwagon at least get on the right one. Smh. Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Read this somewhere:

The last time the Hawks lost, gas was like $3.50 a gallon. The Hawks have solved gas prices.

Who knew the Hawks would be the answer to our energy problems? They keep winning may be we can get gas down to below a dollar...

A friend that I've known for over 25 years now fb msg'd me and said "make room for me on the Hawks wagon, I'm jumpin on"

He's a good friend and a Lakers fan since the mid 80's. He's also a jokester but I found this to be really funny and prolly true for many around the country and world. If you win, they will come.

BOSS with his first career trip dub. Now where's all the Horford hate from earlier in the season? Maybe I should make a new thread to call people out.

Naw, who'd do something like that?

Obviously you're referring to me but the thing is 1) I already admitted I was wrong (several times) that Al was not going to get back to what he was, even though his rebounding still sucks for a big and 2) I never said he was horrible or terrible or whatever or that I hated his signing like people did with Thabo. 

• Like 1