• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would new owners want a new coach?

Sothron

• Premium Member

Before someone angrily replies before reading this I am in NO WAY suggesting this to happen. However it is fairly common new ownership to want a new coach and a new GM once they take over from the previous regime.

I think it is safe to say both DF and Bud have more than earned their spurs (heh heh see what I did there?) to stay on regardless of who ownership will change to.

But that's me the fan talking. What do you guys think? I know it may seem crazy to think anyone would want to replace DF and Bud but if Billy King still has a job in the NBA as a GM then anything in life is possible.

• Premium Member

They would have no business acumen if they got rid of Ferry and Bud. Don't think there is any question that they added more value to this franchise in 2 years than any coach+GM in its history.

Bud is probably the hottest coach in the nba right now. If the new owners want a new coach then they don't know anything about the nba and shouldn't be our owners in the first place.

I can just hear the new owner.

"I'll be the GM of the Hawks and my brother in law, who has already attended

two Hawk games since I became owner, will be the new head coach.  That's

all he knows about basketball but that's enough for me."

"I have always been a huge Celtic fan and I know that they are really short

handed right now so I'll be sending them Horford and Teague for one, future

fully protected, first round pick and their 2nd round picks in 2016 & 2017."

"If we don't pick up in attendance at once, I'll be forced to sell Korver and

Millsap in order to cover expenses.  I'm so excited to be a new NBA owner."

• Like 2

They don't unless they want a new NO fanbase.  It would immediately delegitimize anything they did going forward to screw up what is going on right now because of ego.

Fixed.

• Premium Member

Bud is safe.  Unless we were teetering on the edge of the playoffs, there'd be no reason to fire the coach.  The guy is part of the team and the team is damn near the best club in the league.  Hard call about Danny Ferry.  He's the architect of this thing.  How successful we are in the playoffs might play a big part in this.  Then again, I can't imagine our guys popping champagne and donning EC/Finals hats while Ferry sits at home. 

One thing is for sure...this is typical Hawks shit. lol

• Like 2