• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - 76ers

lethalweapon3

Coach Bud:

On 76ers 3-pointers: “I wouldn’t say they were getting us out of rotations. They are a team that is very, very efficient in the paint. They're a team that is second in the league in percentage of points that come in the paint. So, the emphasis was to try to take that away. Tonight, they made us pay for it. They made a lot of shots and it’s a credit to them. Jerami Grant made three or four and (Luc) Mbah a Moute made a couple. When they’ve got people that can get in the paint and they have people making shots around it, I think it was more of what they were doing. I wouldn’t say we were more out of rotation. They did some good things.”

On more isolation plays: “I think that is fairly accurate. I think part of it was their defense put us in some difficult positions. I think we just weren’t committed enough to move the ball, go side to side, moving it a little bit before we play pick-and-roll. I think I could be better. I think we all could be better. It wasn’t a sharp night offensively.”

Al Horford:

On took much isolation offense: “I don’t know why that was. Maybe because they were doing a lot of switching and we were playing a little different. We have to make sure we keep running our offense and stick to our principles.”

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 2

Imagine how pissed I was when Nique called the game in the 1st. He annoys the hell out me with that. This is the NBA Nique! Even the worst team has some of the best ball players in the world.

Love The HHF to death, but he's completely clueless. I wanna show him the McGrady 13 in :39 performance against the Spurs on a repeating loop until he gets it. He calls made threes that put us up 6 with 2 minutes to go "daggers." That's why opposing fans hate him and I never cared for his commentary, among many other reasons.

All the open threes did bug the s@&t out of me though. The Sixers play hard and Brett Brown was game to try to knock off his old friend but no cigar of course. That Noel kid's ceiling is in the rafters, Calipari does his Bigs justice as far as the next level. All in all, we evened out on the boards and Dennis scored more than their high man. They all aren't gonna be pretty. All I know is DeMarre and Thabo better jump in Millsap's cryochamber and hibernate. A lot of those cross court passes shouldn't even been thrown, let alone caught by wide open shooters.

Edited by benhillboy

I've said it once and will again. That is the most athletic team in the NBA and the best interior D in the NBA. Their perimeter defense can let them down and their offense is generally awful but LRBM and Noel switch so damn well. That make it hard on you. Their issues is offense and it will be till they get a focal point on offense and more experience.

Elton Brand on leaving the court after getting poked in the eye, heading to the locker room then decided not to and returned to court:

I forgot I was tough for a second. LOL LOL.

Lmao I thought Elton was coming back to punch somebody in the face or something. I was like ummmm wtf ..he was headed back to the locker room when they said no no Elton we already got Thabo DMC and Mack on the shelf, it ain't your turn yet...head back...:-/

Presently, there are 12 NBA teams with 19 wins or less this season.

~lw3

And historically speaking, we are only 3 games behind the pace of the great 95-96 Bulls team that won 72 games. Considering we had 6 losses in our first 13 games that's just unbelievabull! 

• Like 1

It just goes to show that even a mediocre 76ers team can come close to beating a very good team when they play together as the Hawks do 100% of the time. But the Hawks always seem to have an edge on whoever they are playing and know how to pull it out in the end. Right now the very best thing that can happen to them is for people to keep seeing this streak as just another "fad" due to a soft schedule or weak conference this year. As long as they aren't being taken seriously then it gives the Hawks that much more incentive and motivation to prove them wrong. How many underdogs have gone all the way with that mentality...a lot!

With that said,it's still the 76ers,and the playoffs is when teams really start playing tough. Home court advantage could be HUGE at that point.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Didn't get to watch the game until this AM. I was a little worried but I figured we would make plays when we needed to. Al was the man in the 4th.

Teague continues to struggle offensively but it doesn't seem to matter too much. We still win games we just don't blow teams out. I was actually wanting to see the ball in Schroders hands at the end of the game.

We are going to miss Sef and hopefully we get DMC back for the games next week. Baze seemed a little off, probably the pressure of making his first start.

It was also good to see Jenkins score some in the first half, I've always felt he could have a place in our offense. Scott is really struggling, he just looks really tired. It'd be nice if Jenkins was shooting those wide open threes instead.

Either way, a win is a win! We aren't going to go undefeated next week with this type of effort though. GO HAWKS!

• Admin

I missed the game ... Checking the box score and the highlights ... It seems like we were sloppy and not playing our team ball ... Tied at 83 in the 4th is scary ... Was it the missing our defensive duo? Was it just an off game? Couldn't hit our shot?

I missed the game ... Checking the box score and the highlights ... It seems like we were sloppy and not playing our team ball ... Tied at 83 in the 4th is scary ... Was it the missing our defensive duo? Was it just an off game? Couldn't hit our shot?

We looked awful with Bazemore doing his best Josh Smith impersonation firing bricks and we were packing the paint and the Sixers had their best 3pt shooting game of the season with a lot of open looks. 

On the plus side Jenkins looked really good offensively and rebounded the ball a little bit too. But Horford and Schröder were the difference makers last night, especially El Jefe. 

Baze attempted a huge slam dunk but was stoned at the rim by Noel. And Al stoned (Mbah I think) on a shot at the rim late in the game as well. 

We looked awful with Bazemore doing his best Josh Smith impersonation firing bricks and we were packing the paint and the Sixers had their best 3pt shooting game of the season with a lot of open looks.

On the plus side Jenkins looked really good offensively and rebounded the ball a little bit too. But Horford and Schröder were the difference makers last night, especially El Jefe.

Baze attempted a huge slam dunk but was stoned at the rim by Noel. And Al stoned (Mbah I think) on a shot at the rim late in the game as well.

That was my fear about Baze, extended minutes doesn't automatically equal extended hustle and good D from him. Sometimes he plays "street ball" and I'm all for that...if you're playing on the street.

Teague needs to pick it back up and play like the All-Star he is. Horf has stepped up a lot, Millsap remains steady, and Korver always does his thing. Teague is the only one who continues to be up and down which is the M.O of his career. We go as he goes, he is the head of the snake.

I would not be to negative about Baze last game. I think he was probing his game, to see if he can play up a few notches now that he reached a good level in previous games. He will play within himself next games I think.

But yeah. Good to see Jenkins playing well.