• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Worried about Pero

CBAreject

I agree that Antić does lots of things. he has perfected "pulling the chair". He passes well.

The thing is, a lot of his value is in being a stretch big. If the stretch falters, he won't be so valuable. That's why we got Payne though

Yeah a lot of his value is there but unless he's like 0-30 I think they'll still respect him. And he's probably the best at setting picks / screens (legal or otherwise) on the team. Plus he looks tough and brings a large group of Hawks fans to every game. 

• Like 3

I agree that Antić does lots of things. he has perfected "pulling the chair". He passes well.

The thing is, a lot of his value is in being a stretch big. If the stretch falters, he won't be so valuable. That's why we got Payne though

When teams stop flying out at Pero at the 3pt line ala Josh Smith then I'll get worried.

When Pero is hitting his 3's teams don't have a chance against us. I really wish he would be more consistent, but hopefully he will step up in the playoffs.  By the way, looks like he is resting tonight.

A friend of mine, who works at Phillips told me a couple of weeks ago that she was wandering around Phillips on her lunch break and saw Korver and Pero practicing their shooting. Was good to hear that Pero is trying to improve and has Korver helping him. Sux it hasn't helped much yet.

• Like 2

Hitting 3's is a bonus. On a regular basis he has one of the best +/-'s on the team and I believe someone said he's top 10 in the league. He does so may things that don't show up in the box score it's not even funny. 

This is correct.  He really does play good defense but doesn't block a lot of shots so it seems to go unnoticed.

I will say though, that if he shoots even 20% from three last year in the playoffs we beat Indy.  He built a house with all those bricks, just really hoping that doesn't happen this year.  We need him to hit some shots if/when we run into Cleveland or Chicago.

I hated him and Lou last year in the playoffs but Pero is the man, just check my sig.

When in rhythym and open, like 90% of his attempts, I could care less if he misses or makes. Bud doesn't either. I would like him to think twice about the extra long, Kyle range ones though. He takes a bounce in place but isn't comfortable stepping in unless it's a one-legger.

• Like 1

Looking at his average +/- stats by month this season you could say Pero had a slightly down month from his really good December but it's not time to get concerned.

Pero

November - +3.92

December - +5.64

January - +3.33

Look at our starting bigs average numbers:

Al

November - +0.1

December - +3.1

January - +9.2

Millsap

November - +3,7

December - +8.4

January - +11

Easy to see why we've gotten so much better in December and January! 

• Moderators

Hmm.  I was this taking this as true because i felt like he was missing a lot of shots lately.  Maybe in the last week but his January was better than December which was better than november :

November: 17 minutes / 38.6% FG / 27.3% from 3 / 2.9 rebounds / 4.8 pts

December: 17 minutes / 38.6% FG / 31.3% from 3 / 2.5 rebounds / 6.2 pts

January    : 17 minutes / 37.3% FG / 32.6% from 3 / 3.7 rebounds / 7.8 pts

I'm worried about pero. He's so cold right now that I'm going to start calling him Polar Bear. Or maybe Pero Arctic. Nah, polar bear is better.

ROFL at the nicknames.  Pero Arctic the Polar Bear.

As others said above, he needs to shoot in rhythm.  It bugs me when he hesitates.  I hope he can improve.

He has been playing terrible.  He's probably the worst inside finisher of any big in the NBA.  If he can't make his jumper than he is useless on the offensive end.  Anyone else's jaw drop when he airballed that layup tonight?  Me neither.

I will admit that he is pretty solid defensively.

He seems to be in a slump recently, and when he's off he is OFF.  I'm sure everyone remembers his 0-30 performance from 3pt range vs Indy in the playoffs last year.  If he shoots even 20% we win that series.  We can't have that in the playoffs this year.

If Horford or Sap gets into foul trouble again we could be in serious trouble.

Edited by AtLaS