• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Worried about Pero

CBAreject

I don't mind him as the 3rd C, but as our backup C, I am starting to call for an upgrade. He does several defensive things well, but he is terrible on the offensive end. I like the spacing the threat of his outside shooting provides, but he still needs to be able to knock down a shot every once in a while. I wish we had someone better...

Now is not the time to discuss Pero after this tremendous win, besides I think there are already 2 threads on this.

Whoops...

I think Pero is not that bad. There will be times he's not shooting the ball well, but he can still contribute for the team by rebounding, setting screens for his teammates, and be a floor spacer. He has that size and big strong macedonian body.

Look at Scott, even though he usually force his shots, and sometimes make bad decisions, i still have confident in him that  he's going to make those shots because he's such a great shooter. Same with Pero, i still believe that he can make big time shots, because i've seen him do it before. The only thing Pero needs to improve on is consistency.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

• Premium Member

The play from Antić that made me facepalm IRL was the blown dunk when he was literally wide open with no defender near him. He just flat out lost the grip on the ball.

Remember though: Pero is not here for offense, he's only here for defense.

Are we still questioning how important Pero is to this basketball team? Are we really?

What most folks need to realize is that Pero will never be this offensive monster , what the hell , let's call it what it is , Pero is a bit schitzo on O..

His true value is on the other end of the floor defending the lane! He is not a shot blocker but just a stay at home defender. Stop with this Pero is shit threads when the guy shoots poorly in a few games when you should expect exactly that. Sure he will stretch the floor and hit threes here and there but that is not why he is valued by Bud.... geeze

• Like 3

Are we still questioning how important Pero is to this basketball team? Are we really?

What most folks need to realize is that Pero will never be this offensive monster , what the hell , let's call it what it is , Pero is a bit schitzo on O..

His true value is on the other end of the floor defending the lane! He is not a shot blocker but just a stay at home defender. Stop with this Pero is shit threads when the guy shoots poorly in a few games when you should expect exactly that. Sure he will stretch the floor and hit threes here and there but that is not why he is valued by Bud.... geeze

Say what you want.  Pero has played like crap for a while.  If he doesn't pick it up, his 'value to Bud' will be on he bench. He's not that effective defensively or as a rebounder to stink it up on offense and still get playing time.

Let's be excited about how the team is playing, but if you want to win a championship, Pero is an area that could be upgraded.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Co-sign.

Say what you want. Pero has played like crap for a while. If he doesn't pick it up, his 'value to Bud' will be on he bench. He's not that effective defensively or as a rebounder to stink it up on offense and still get playing time.

Let's be excited about how the team is playing, but if you want to win a championship, Pero is an area that could be upgraded.

You clearly watch the game through bias glasses if this is how you really see Pero. SMH

• Like 1

You clearly watch the game through bias glasses if this is how you really see Pero. SMH

Yeah Pero is underrated. I admit I was hard on him early in the season but after paying attention to the stuff he does that doesn't show up on the stat sheets like setting screens, the spacing he provides when he's on the floor and his play making ability, I can see why Bud trusts him. 

Like I said, if he continues to stink it up offensively, the spacing will disappear as they will sag and beg him to shoot.  I want him to be good.  But even though I love the Hawks I'm not blinded by that to the point that I can't recognize his ineffectiveness.  Kind of reminds me of Zaza with less ability.  A likeable guy...and our guy......but someone who needs to be upgraded to get to where we want to go.

• Like 1

the guy wasn't even needed on offense last night.  All we really need him to do is play solid defense and if he hits a 3 or better yet goes for his occasional 10 pt games then well that's great.

Idk why any of yall are freaking out about the guy. My only knock is I wish he would dunk more when he goes for layups

the guy wasn't even needed on offense last night.  All we really need him to do is play solid defense and if he hits a 3 or better yet goes for his occasional 10 pt games then well that's great.

Idk why any of yall are freaking out about the guy. My only knock is I wish he would dunk more when he goes for layups

Sometimes he tries to force it too much on offense.  He sucks at finishing inside.  Unless it is a WIDE open layup he should kick it back out every time.  He's not a very good shooter either and he has slumps at times where it seems like he will miss 20 in a row.  

But i do agree he is a pretty solid defender.