• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is our Official Team Celebrity?

RedDawg#8

Kind of a silly thread but its All Star Weekend so why cant us fans have fun too. I know you all have seen the commercial with Nick Cannon lobbying to Damion Lillard to be their team celebrity who sits in the front row at home games etc... I know it was a tongue in cheek type deal but it got me wondering if we did have a celebrity that represented the Hawks who would it be?

Lakers have Jack Nicholson

Knicks have Spike Lee

Raptors have Drake

Nets have Jay Z and Beyonce

I was thinking maybe its Ludacris or TI for us. Do any of you guys who attend several home games know of any particular celeb thats almost always there?

Cam Newton has been coming to Hawks games as of late.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF that.

We don't have a wealth of options and this guy isn't much of a celebrity these days, but I always liked Chris Tucker. I'd rather have Smokey representing the Hawks than any of these rappers. 

None of the rappers above I would hope. The music scene in Atlanta is steadily sinking to new lows. You don't want dopes like Luda and 2 Chainz representing your franchise with 6 figures worth of jewelry and shades on indoors playing on their phones. T.I., although he is very supportive and alwas brings his 15 kids, is an awful personality as well after a quick listen to his music.

Andre 3000 frequented games when we were awful, usually a few rows back of the baseline. I don't know if he goes much now, he's a very private, chill dude. He'd be the perfect face: intelligent, knowledgeable, world-renown, and charismatic. I wish we had a comedian with long-term relevancy, Tucker's image has taken big hits and the only time you see him now is at games.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

Young Jeezy is at a lot of games and he seems to know a lot of the team personnel and stadium employees.

I forget which game, but earlier in the year they had the 6th man section stay for an ESPN photo shoot with Ludacris. I'm starting to think that one got scrapped since it hasnt appeared anywhere yet.

I dont think Ludacris has the same gaudy stereotype as some other rappers. He has a very clean cut image and is an iconic figure. I would definately choose him over 2 Chains. I dont mind TI either despite his troubled background. Too bad Usher bought a stake in the Cavaliers he would be a good ambassador for the Hawks.

• Like 1