• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - 76ers

lethalweapon3

Of course... We can expect Golden State to lose plenty more games. After all, they've only been the best team in the league all year.

But of course, they are sure to run off a commanding lead much like they've had all season. Oh wait. Edited by MaceCase

Even if the Sixers are better than the laughingstock they were early in the season, that still was an awful loss. I get the big picture of course. I understand this team has the most problems against teams without a focal player, but Bud has to tighten that three point line defense though. That sh$t gonna have us coming up short.

And don't feed the trolls, they get exponentially bigger with each mouth full. If they starve, they die.

Is Jenkins the best practice player of all time or something? I just don't see how he's stuck on the roster for this long.

Anyway, let's go.

It surely wouldn't of had them needing 7 games to put away lower seeded injury depleted first round opponents!

Yes it would because those teams were flawed all to hell.

Those were poorly built (and poorly coached) teams. That's why they didn't win many playoff series really easy.

Josh and Al were like 25 damn years old at the time. Not old men.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

But of course, they are sure to run off a commanding lead much like they've had all season. Oh wait.

They might just get a decent lead if Bud keeps doing what he did last night.

They got away with it a couple of months ago. But they barely got away with it against Miami and they got shamed in the second half last night.

Woe is me!  We have met the enemy and it is us!

For want of a nail, the shoe was lost.

For lack of a shoe, the horse was lost.

For lack of a horse, the General was lost.

From lack of the General, the war was lost.

We have now been told. 

Hawks rested players and lost to the 76ers.

Since we lost last night's game, we can no longer have home court advantage in the finals.

Therefore, since we can't claim home court, we can't win the championship of the NBA.

Oh, well.  It was great while it lasted.  On to next season.  Start planning at once since it

now seems that the elusive championship is lost to us again.  All because of last night!

scenic.gif

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 3

DON'T PANIC!

It's not only about the rested players. Some of our regular performers didn't do what they did the last games before (e.g. Al shot below his avarage FG%, Teague and Schröder each turned the ball over 5 times) and Philly has a young team with very active hands and a very good lane protection what doesn't fit our game...

Shit happens.

But to say the coach who lead us to the number one seed is a moron after the first time his rest-tactic costs us a game is... Mmmmhhh, what to say without violating forum rules... In Germay children would say "Wer es sagt, der isses auch!"

For completeness of the topic

• Like 1

Woe is me!  We have met the enemy and it is us!

For want of a nail, the shoe was lost.

For lack of a shoe, the horse was lost.

For lack of a horse, the General was lost.

From lack of the General, the war was lost.

We have now been told. 

Hawks rested players and lost to the 76ers.

Since we lost last night's game, we can no longer have home court advantage in the finals.

Therefore, since we can't claim home court, we can't win the championship of the NBA.

Right G-M...and it's too late to tank.  We have screwed it up again angry.png

• Like 1

Gonna be some more resting before the end of the season. Might as well let some of these people get their butthurt out of the way right now. BTW - anyone else notice we have 6 games during the last 9 days of the season? That's turrible planning right there. I wont be surprised if we rest players a lot more down the stretch. The #1 seed in the East is hardly at risk; being ready for the playoff grind is much more important.

If Tom Thibodeau rests his players, he could have rings by now, just saying.

Derrick Rose had a two year rest.
  • Like 1

Overworking at your day to day job leads to inefficiency and I don't see that as any different as the NBA.

I'm curious to see what we do but even more curious to see how the Bulls fare down the stretch. Lots of butthurt going on in this thread.

This may not be completely true.  This lost kinda proves that we do lack a little depth in certain area..Like center and for now until Thabo gets back, Small forward.

That's why I've been saying all along that the Hawks need to add another big to this roster.  If not a big for defensive purposes, a big that can at least be productive some offensively.  If Millsap or Horford were to tweak an ankle or have a minor injury in the playoffs, that could severely damage us due to our lack of quality depth behind them.

A big like Andray Blatche ( playing over in China ) is definitely not known for his defense, but he is a good offensive big who can make the midrange jumper in this offense.  I'd honestly rather have a vet like that coming off the bench, than to have Moose, or even Pero at times out on the floor.  A guy like Blatche is honestly what the Nets are missing right now.  And thank goodness, because they're not going to make the playoffs with the way they're playing.

As for Bud's decision to rest guys, I don't have a big problem with that.  He should always had the option to put one of the resting starters in the game though in the 4th quarter, to preserve a win..  But I think Bud wanted to see what his end of the bench guys could do vs one of the bottom feeder teams in the league.   Needless to say, those guys didn't perform well at all. With all of the talk about Jenkins, it was Bazemore's ineffectiveness that also stood out.   Bud has gotten the most out of these role playing guys all year.  But they have to be playing around elite talent to be successful.

While I think Hotlanta is overreacting a bit, his points ARE valid in concerns to home court advantage throughout the playoffs. The Sixers should be one of those games that is a guaranteed win for the Hawks.  When you're resting too many guys, you turn a guaranteed win into an unnecessarily tough game.  My preference would be for Bud to rest no more than 2 guys at a time.  With the west coast trip coming up, it would've been nice to have another guaranteed win under our belts.

Put it like this . . . when you look at the Warriors schedule, you have to figure that they maybe AT MOST lose 6 games.   That means it would take the Hawks to win 64 games ( or go 15 - 5 the rest of the way . . with one of those wins having to be against Golden State ) to get home court throughout the playoffs.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Bud is treating these guys like they've already won a couple titles.  

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

I understand resting guys who are a little banged up, but I don't believe in just giving games away. People keep mentioning 'the big picture', but keeping guys healthy AND home court advantage throughout the Playoffs are the big picture when you really think about it. There has to be some balance there. Maybe rest fewer starters like Northcyde stated above?

Gonna be some more resting before the end of the season. Might as well let some of these people get their butthurt out of the way right now. BTW - anyone else notice we have 6 games during the last 9 days of the season? That's turrible planning right there. I wont be surprised if we rest players a lot more down the stretch. The #1 seed in the East is hardly at risk; being ready for the playoff grind is much more important.

That's actually more understandable. There is surely to be at least one loss in 4 games in 5 nights stretch anyway

They basically had 3 days of rest inbetween the Rockets/Cleveland games and the schedule had been fairly spread out coming  off of a nearly 2 week all star break.

I understand resting guys who are a little banged up, but I don't believe in just giving games away. People keep mentioning 'the big picture', but keeping guys healthy AND home court advantage throughout the Playoffs are the big picture when you really think about it. There has to be some balance there. Maybe rest fewer starters like Northcyde stated above?

Hell, why should the players even play hard the rest of the season? I mean, the games clearly don't matter anymore.

Oh, and the fans that pay money don't want to see a bunch of scrubs like Moose and Shelvin Mack starting.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I wonder how he got that rest... .

You guys act like players just started playing 35 MPG recently.

Duncan used to play 40 MPG when the Spurs started winning titles.

The players that get injuried the most are usually the players that rely on athleticism.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

Hell, why should the players even play hard the rest of the season? I mean, the games clearly don't matter anymore.

Oh, and the fans that pay money don't want to see a bunch of scrubs like Moose and Shelvin Mack starting.

You may have been right about Shelvin.  Maybe it was rust but he looked awful against the 76'ers