• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is the worst team we've had since the late 80's

Sothron

Great start, this team is gonna be okay. It's the freaking Braves.

Outstanding early returns on the Marlins' investment in Stanton, too. They're gonna be awful for a long time, no more lighting in a bottle World Series championships followed by a rebuild anytime soon.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

Kinda shocked the team is 3-0 but we only scored 2 runs in two of the three games. Still, we take them where we can get them. Very happy to see the team 3-0.

It all is going to come down to our pitching.  It has the potential to be pretty darn good.  Our offense has aspirations of adequacy.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

And truly an adequate offense would be a huge improvement over last year. The makeup of this team is so much better this year. The pieces seem to fit and no big egos. We will probably not make the playoffs but they will be fun.

Just think.  This, the worst Braves team since the 80's is now 6-1 and has the

best record in the National League. 

If we were a good team, where would we be?

They may now fall on their face and never be heard from again.  Do we believe

that will happen after what we've already witnessed? 

GO TEAM BRAVES !

The early returns on this team are great, but we are relying on some older guys who will breakdown as the year goes on. I still think this is a 90 loss team, but I'm not going to fret over that as the younger pieces we have are going to mesh well together. Without Melvin's contract, or even Kimbrel's, this team has a lot of money for FA next year (or even a mid-year trade).

What is really encouraging is we now have a minor league system with guys that can be moved for major league proven guys. Its not just about stocking the minors for bringing guys up to your own team, it is also about having the desired pieces in the minors to get vets.

• Premium Member

We need  young position players with potential. I'm hoping those 5 picks in the first 75 picks in the draft are spent on something other than pitching for once. We have been chronically relying on pitching to make up for bad offense and I want to see that trend reversed

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope the young guys we get develop into quality MLB starters and we don't blow the June draft. We need positional players that can hit with power something bad.

That Folty kid seems like he could develop into a pretty good pitcher. I also like Jace Peterson. Shelby Miller has been great so far and I think the Braves got the better end of the deal so far. Freeman and Simmons have been great as well. And who knew Kelly Johnson and Aj would hit so well.

• 3 months later...