• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is the worst team we've had since the late 80's

Sothron

They should have just had the courage to say - it's all about our move to Cobb and want to save money on salaries until then.

THANK YOU!!!

Barves gotta stop whizzing in fans' faces and calling it rain.

• Moderators

'It is also about replenishing the minor league pipeline our bottom line. It was in terrible shape under Wren.'

Fixed it...

The Red Sox did this before their championship; Indians did before their big run a few  years ago; etc.  It isn't without precedent.  I feel better about our direction now than I did under Wren, but it is going to get ugly this year.  

• Like 1

Off on a good foot. I don't worry about the names on the back of Braves jerseys. I've come to associate that navy cursive outlined in red on the front with sound, winning baseball. Our Hawks are supposed to be full of no-names, they've only punched the entire Association in the mouth.

Well, the worst Braves team in forever start the season 2-0!

Timely hitting, great defense and great pitching.  Good thing

we're so terrible, otherwise some fans might get excited.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Very good win tonight. I hope being aggressive on the basepath is going to be a trend we see going forward no matter what the roster lineup is in years to come. I am a big believer in Whitey ball ( younger fans can google the old Cards manager to see what I'm talking about) and I want to see more guys getting on that can steal and cause havoc with the opposing pitcher and defense.

This team reminds me of the current Hawks regime. Trim the fat and fill the team out with blue collar guys. I like the way we look so far. We weren't getting enough consistency out of our top guys. While we don't have much power in our lineup, we have more guys that are going to be hitting for average. Heyward was streaky and injury prone. Gattis's only chance to have a successful long term MLB career is in the AL. Kimbel will be getting big time pay and allowed us to get rid of BJ's punkass. The one that stings is Justin but even he was pretty inconsistent at times.

Even before my time, which is indeed a long time, there was a player

who had a great idea then and one which these Braves seem to have

adopted.

His name was Wee Willie Keeler whose famous thought was:

"Hit 'em where they ain't!"

• Like 2