• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thabo & Pero Arrested; Thabo OUT FOR SEASON due to injuries

ersimo2889

Suffering my man, its about having to suffer the fate of a Hawks fan.

This is actually bigger than Basketball. I know a lot of us don't realize it because some of us just look at this as a passion and the players as human robots but there are issues in this world and even a star athlete isn't void of this mistreatment.

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 1

To

To simply not get involved in a situation like this. He and Pero are old enough imo to act like men and not children. Sure what they do is theyre buisness but thanks for screwing the team and its fans. I hope Im wrong and they are victims but its sure not looking that way. This is something we should be talking about involving KY or UGA. Instead were having this conversation about grown men.

That makes absolutely no sense, but whatever.

This is actually bigger than Basketball. I know a lot of us don't realize it because some of us just look at this as a passion and the players as human robots but their are issues in this world and even a star athlete isn't void of this mistreatment.

LOL c'mon man you act like the cops were thinking "he's black let's use extreme force to break his leg" but they let the 6'11 European thug off fine cause his skin is light.

Dammit. I honestly dont give a flying rats aysss about the NYPD. Pero and Thabo let the team down just by being in that situation in the 1st place. They are to dam old to be acting like high school party going kids. You would think winning an nba championship with the team they are lucky to be on would be enough.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Words fail me at a time like this. This is exactly like f***ing Eugene Robinson costing the Falcons a SB. We are literally about to start the playoffs with a team when healthy that can beat anyone and possibly win a title. And what do these two dumb f*cks do? They go to a night club and ruin our season. Just ruin it by acting like morons.

• Like 3

On one hand you have Indiana and a guy like Paul George busting his ass and risking his career just for a shot to help his team scrape up an 8th seed. On the other hand you have our 2 heroes keeping the streets of ny clean at 3 am.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I can't believe some of you bother to believe the NYPD or any department on Black folks. All they gonna claim is the feared of their lives and get away with it and the video comes out and as usual, they lied. F* them!

Pero is already apprehended in that video and Thabo was mid-suffle with the police. Let's see a video showing the previous 10-15 minutes... Thabo and Pero made their bed in this one.

• Premium Member

I know this was a tongue in cheek comment but felt this might be helpful for some.

The tibia is the large weight bearing bone and the fibula is the small bone on the outside of your lower leg and the bottom of the bone is what we call our outside "ankle bone". The fibula is what mile bike broke.

Meant mike Vick on my post. Whoops, phone posting feeding babies. :)

Pero is already apprehended in that video and Thabo was mid-suffle with the police. Let's see a video showing the previous 10-15 minutes... Thabo and Pero made their bed in this one.

He wasn't being hostile at any point. Look at his body language. I am logging off, way too emotion for this right now.

• Premium Member

I'll get banned again if I tell you what I want to do to you right now for that statement. I am not lying. Dolfan, you need to lock this one up. I am going to go nuts on these foolish posters who don't know what happened but it's clear we should beat him for whatever reason. This is the problem with these types of ppl but don't let it be someone like them. Justice and hell knows no boundaries all of a sudden.

You must have read my post out of context. Thabo could easily be looking at the roof of a church like so many before him who allegedly 'charged' the police per their report(s). I'm pretty sure Walter Scott's family would love for him to come home with just a broken leg right now. He was guilty of a lot less and didn't make it home. Of course it's wrong, and it shouldn't be that way, and it is very frustrating, but at a certain point you have to understand the reality of the situation and act accordingly. 

I have to agree with this. Just stay calm and let them be dicks and have your say later. Smarting off to a cop will never benefit you in the short term so why do it. Its messed up that this is how it is but this is how it is currently.

And people who think this will be a good thing have lost their damn minds.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

What's so frustrating is all season long, all the media talking heads have been hating on the Hawks because they were a threat to kill their fantasy of Bulls vs Cavs in ECF and Cavs going to the Finals. Because of this mess, the teams biggest assets (defense and depth) have been diminished. If it ends up resulting in an early exit, it will make it even worse. You've got Isaiah Thomas on tv saying the Bulls should tank to get to the 4 or 5 spot just to play ATL in the second round. Frustrating.

• Moderators

This will probably be hard to do, but let's TRY to keep the discussions of "How did this happen/Who can I shake my fist at?" over in the "Pero and Thabo arrested" thread.

That way, we can keep the discussion of team/player implications for the rest of the season/postseason over here.

~lw3

Welp, I tried!

~lw3

• Like 1

"As members of the Atlanta Hawks, we hold ourselves to a high standard and take our roles as professionals very seriously," 

Going to a club in late in the morning somewhere in NYC instead resting and preparing for game in the same day is not professional...

If Thabo didn't went clubbing he could have saved his leg and help the hawks in the playoffs.. He's important to the Hawks because of his versatility and defense.

There goes Hawks deep run playoff chances...

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 1